• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Detective Conan: The Culprit Hanzawa Anime Casts Akira Ishida as Saguru Hakuba

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Somer-_-

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:37 pm Reply with quote
Guess Mamoru Miyano got the boot.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 10:56 pm Reply with quote
Somer-_- wrote:
Guess Mamoru Miyano got the boot.

Yeah, I thought the 1412 cast were supposed to be the de-facto VA's for the Magic Kaito cast now.

Well, I guess he'll have an official English VA.
ryonomiko
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2022 2:07 pm Reply with quote
Miyano Mamoru only did Hakuba in Magic Kaito 1412 (2014 anime). Ishida Akira did Hakuba in all other instances, and I was sad that he wasn't cast for Magic Kaito 1412, so happy to see he has the role again. Miyano is an amazing seiyuu, but I much prefer Ishida as Hakuba. Miyano may have been too busy with other projects...
xxmsxx

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:22 pm Reply with quote
ryonomiko wrote:
Miyano Mamoru only did Hakuba in Magic Kaito 1412 (2014 anime). Ishida Akira did Hakuba in all other instances, and I was sad that he wasn't cast for Magic Kaito 1412, so happy to see he has the role again. Miyano is an amazing seiyuu, but I much prefer Ishida as Hakuba. Miyano may have been too busy with other projects...

Yeah, it was very disappointing when MK1412 was first announced and Ishida was not returning. So I was convinced that the switch is permanent for Miyano. But glad it is not the case! Hopefully if Hakuba ever returns Ishida will reprise his role for the main series as well.

Honestly never liked Miyano that much. I don't hate him but there are plenty of other great talents for a lot of the roles he has done. And I know why he is always casted in bloody everything. Money follows him around.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1