• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Miku Itō Voices Additional Character, Performs New Ending Theme Song for Love Flops Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BalmungHHQ

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 1:20 pm Reply with quote
Episode 7 featured quite the intense turn. I'm very curious to see the mystery regarding Ai unravel. I hope we haven't seen the last of the rest of the girls either...
Definitely an underrated gem this season.

Did anyone else notice that the girls even vanished from the homepage of the show's Japanese website? Shocked
MFrontier

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 1:38 pm Reply with quote
The True Heroine has arrived.

I was actually wondering if Miku Ito was voicing her too because she sounds different from Aoi. So I guess Aoi is completely gone unless Ai was Aoi the whole time. And what about the other girls?
Aerdra

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2022 2:05 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Miku Itō, who currently plays Aoi Izumizawa in the series

Minor correction: the character's name is actually Aoi Izumisawa. キャラクター:和泉沢愛生 | TVアニメ「恋愛フロップス」公式サイト
Nachtwandler

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2022 4:16 am Reply with quote
BalmungHHQ wrote:
Episode 7 featured quite the intense turn. I'm very curious to see the mystery regarding Ai unravel. I hope we haven't seen the last of the rest of the girls either...

Did anyone else notice that the girls even vanished from the homepage of the show's Japanese website? Shocked

The issue is that they dragged your typical harem cliches for to long without many hints for possible twist. People accepted twists but most of them got tired of the show being to cliche and boring in the first eps (me included).

I personally presume that we'll get OreTsuba twist in the end that all of the heroines are just alter-egos of one person.
Kenfra

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2022 10:10 am Reply with quote
Nachtwandler wrote:
BalmungHHQ wrote:

The issue is that they dragged your typical harem cliches for to long without many hints for possible twist. People accepted twists but most of them got tired of the show being to cliche and boring in the first eps (me included).

I personally presume that we'll get OreTsuba twist in the end that all of the heroines are just alter-egos of one person.

Holy shit man, you didn't have to spoil oretsuba like that.
Nachtwandler

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2022 12:23 pm Reply with quote
Kenfra wrote:
Nachtwandler wrote:
BalmungHHQ wrote:

Holy shit man, you didn't have to spoil oretsuba like that.

It has a different twist but similar. It came out so long ago (both VN and anime) that anyone would have know it.
flamemasterelan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2022 2:38 pm Reply with quote
Nachtwandler wrote:
It has a different twist but similar. It came out so long ago (both VN and anime) that anyone would have know it.

Y'know, normally I'm the one complaining about people getting upset about old spoilers like the Tucker Family in Fullmetal Alchemist, or Zelda being Sheik. But at least in those cases, these are landmark properties that people know the twists of through cultural osmosis even if they have no interest in. But in this case, I would say We Without Wings is a fairly obscure title that most anime fans might not have even heard about, and that twist was late enough in the series that it actually changes the entire story in retrospect. I feel like it's kinda crappy to spoil it in a discussion that has nothing to do with it other than "Harem series with a twist."
MFrontier

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2022 6:31 pm Reply with quote
Nachtwandler wrote:
BalmungHHQ wrote:

I think the way they handled it made a lot of sense, especially since each girl got their own focus episode and the plot got steadily more insane as it went along, and now we're getting to the meat of it.

But people are often dismissive of anything Harem related.
JustMonika

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2022 11:07 am Reply with quote
Nachtwandler wrote:
BalmungHHQ wrote:

Are you psychic or something? Lol
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1