• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Uzaki-chan Wants to Hang Out! Season 2

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Moonsaber

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2022 3:00 pm Reply with quote
This anime is built on the manga, and the manga spoiler[starts leaning on Hana Uzaki's delusions and making her face a reality that she might lose this relationship if she remains with the status quo.]

That said, I enjoy this show quite a bit. Glad someone is reviewing it that understands it, I see it as a solid manga adaption and hope for a resolution in this season, then a nice BD 2 season release.

Unfortunately this is on CR, so that may not happen. HiDive titles pretty much all get a BD release, for good or ill.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2022 4:18 pm Reply with quote
Pretty solid return for the series! I've been missing Sakurai and Uzaki's antics! And Ami is hornier than ever.

Looks like we might get some legitimate progress too as they build up to Christmas.
njprogfan
Collector Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2022 8:43 pm Reply with quote
I don't know if the anime will get to Volume 7 of the manga, but if it does, I'm SOOO looking forward to it. Oh Yes!!!
JustMonika

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2022 12:14 am Reply with quote
One of my favorites has finally returned! I'm in Uzaki heaven!
JustMonika

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2022 12:15 am Reply with quote
MFrontier wrote:
Pretty solid return for the series! I've been missing Sakurai and Uzaki's antics! And Ami is hornier than ever.

Looks like we might get some legitimate progress too as they build up to Christmas.

I love the part where Ami's father walked in and busted her, lol
Moonsaber

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2022 11:00 am Reply with quote
njprogfan wrote:
I don't know if the anime will get to Volume 7 of the manga, but if it does, I'm SOOO looking forward to it. Oh Yes!!!

spoiler[You want it to at least chapter 72-73 when he finally confesses his feelings for her, and they become an official couple. I would hope past that, because they get so, so, so awkward.]
MFrontier

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:42 am Reply with quote
I love how Uzaki making progress in her feelings for Sakurai is paralleled by Ami sinking more and more into degeneracy.

Also we had an Ayana Taketatsu character say the classic tsundere line without being a tsundere.

This entire deluded Uzaki Family...Mom thinks her daughters' boyfriend is trying to seduce her, daughter thinks her own mother is trying to seduce her love interest. And then Uzaki just straight up imagining a Harem scenario (with one dude) for Sakurai.
Amuro1X

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2022 11:03 pm Reply with quote
This most recent episode brings up to the end of manga volume 5. There were some additions and changes, too, that I liked. The scene of the Uzaki parents' afterglow the morning after Tsuki's birthday wasn't in the manga. Also, how Sakurai's birthday was handled, too. It was the same gag of her asking him to stay back a year, but here it was built up better with their walk outside as opposed to being confined to his room. The tease from S2 episode 1 tells me we'll at least get to the end of Volume 7 this season. Unless of course we skip some stuff and get to spoiler[THAT SCENE] sooner.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2022 1:17 pm Reply with quote
This is getting to Kaguya-sama level of delusions and I'm not just talking about the Uzaki family but Uzaki's inability to admit her feelings and try to force Sakurai to confess to her and thinking it needs to take a full year.

No wonder Sakaki is so done with this.

Although the Bento scene was pretty cute. And Yanagi is a fun addition to things.
Amuro1X

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:37 pm Reply with quote
Looks like we're sticking pretty close to a 3 chapter per episode pace. So next week will wrap up Yanagi's bit spoiler[with some decent pay off] and then we'll get the following two chapters that are self described by the mangaka as "I wrote these before I knew it was picked up for a S2, so I thought I didn't have to worry a out keeping this thing going and I could do whatever I wanted."
MFrontier

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:32 am Reply with quote
The Uzaki family hijinks and misunderstandings have really increased the hilarity of this show.

Also, Hana has big boobs and Sakurai has a big magnum. They're perfect together.
Amuro1X

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:01 pm Reply with quote
MFrontier wrote:
The Uzaki family hijinks and misunderstandings have really increased the hilarity of this show.

Also, Hana has big boobs and Sakurai has a big magnum. They're perfect together.

The entire point if that Kiri segment was just to set up a big dick joke, haha. Poor Kiri. And that's what I was referring to when I mentioned the mangaka writing the chapter before he realized he was getting a S2. I bet he may have done things differently had he known.
09jcg

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:10 am Reply with quote
Well, if it feels like this episode feels like an ad for a water park then thats because it is lol. It was announced before the season began that this season would have an advertisment episode to help finance the show. Last season had a similar episode as well
MFrontier

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:03 pm Reply with quote
I guess if they're going to make yet another anime original tourism ad episode, at least they could throw in as much swimsuit fanservice and swole Papa Uzaki as possible.

Dad Tsuki bikini though.
CrisGer A.A.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 4:27 pm Reply with quote
this season is no where near as good as the first. it is shallow and just not as insightful and sensitive to the original story. It feels forced and really a sad decline. The underlying tensions are boring now, with this presentation and i am sorry to see this as the first season has a lot going for it. It happens fairly often in Anime second and third seasons and i am sorry to see it happen here.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2