• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Aquarion Anime Gets 4th Series Titled Sōsei no Aquarion: Myth of Emotions

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thespacemaster

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2023 4:51 am Reply with quote
This franchise must be really popular in the domestic side but not in western side as i do not really hear people talk about it and yet it is getting a 4th series. Good for the fans i suppose.
Yune Amagiri

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2023 4:58 am Reply with quote
It kind of came out of nowhere but as long it's closer to the original and Evol rather than the disappointing Logos i'm hyped for this 4th season.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:21 am Reply with quote
Yune Amagiri wrote:
It kind of came out of nowhere but as long it's closer to the original and Evol rather than the disappointing Logos i'm hyped for this 4th season.

Same. Logos wasn't bad, but boy did I love Evol with all my heart.

Aquarion MOE is it? Sure to be the cutest of them all!
MFrontier

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2023 9:23 am Reply with quote
I have a soft spot for the Aquarion franchise, so I'm happy to hear about this.

I wonder if the MOE in the title is intentional. Actually, knowing this franchise...probably.
DRosencraft

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2023 9:37 am Reply with quote
MFrontier wrote:
I have a soft spot for the Aquarion franchise, so I'm happy to hear about this.

I wonder if the MOE in the title is intentional. Actually, knowing this franchise...probably.

Was about to say the same thing. Either that or there's some translation word games going on and it's actually EMO.
Beltane70

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2023 12:28 pm Reply with quote
While I like Aquarion, I'd rather have Kawamori working on a new Macross series.
Joker#941490

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2023 4:04 pm Reply with quote
Beltane70 wrote:
While I like Aquarion, I'd rather have Kawamori working on a new Macross series.

he did worked on 2 movies that aired 2 years ago.
BlueAlf

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2023 8:48 pm Reply with quote
I've always had mixed feelings about this franchise. Looking forward to whatever next crazy development it'll give. Great to see it coming back again.
NeverConvex
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2023 9:03 pm Reply with quote
Yune Amagiri wrote:

Yeah -- was psyched when it originally came out, but I don't think I even finished Logos. Hope this is a return to original form.
Covnam

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2023 9:08 pm Reply with quote
Are these seasons/series all connected? Or are they just part of a related franchise?
lossthief
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2023 9:18 pm Reply with quote
Covnam wrote:
Are these seasons/series all connected? Or are they just part of a related franchise?

EVOL is technically a (very distant) sequel to the first series, but all three entries are very much standalone. We don't know enough about Myth of Emotion to say if that will remain true, but my guess is that it will.
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2023 9:20 pm Reply with quote
Covnam wrote:

I have not watched Logos so I cannot comment on it. The first Aquarion and EVOL are related but you'll have watch to find out how so as it gets a bit spoilery if explained.

Vaisaga wrote:

Same. Logos wasn't bad, but boy did I love Evol with all my heart.

EVOL was such a fun and wild ride with all the memes about it. I thought the show itself was a bit messy and the main characters annoying but group watching it really made it fun. Stuff like "AQUA LION," Zessica's odd fashion choice, Fudou's Art of Trolling makes the show more endearing in memory. Oh, and the music, too. AKINO delivers with EVOL songs but the fanservice of "Go Tight" in that one episode was a huge leaping out of the chair moment for me. Maybe it's time for a rewatch or I should start on Logos.
Yune Amagiri

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2023 9:35 pm Reply with quote
Compared to Evol, Logos is not set in the same universe as the original.
I would recommend at least finishing Logos, even if it can't handle a candle for the other 2, especially Evol, its second cour was pretty decent, it's just the first cour that was dragged on without much happening and overall it was way too cramped for a sci-fi mecha anime.

I beg you Akino + Bless4 return for another Opening.
Beltane70

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2023 11:54 pm Reply with quote
Joker#941490 wrote:
Beltane70 wrote:

Yes, but those technically weren’t new Macross works, one was a compilation of the Delta TV series, while the other is a continuation of the Delta storyline. I was hoping for a totally brand new series in a new setting with new characters.
lossthief
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2023 12:23 am Reply with quote
Beltane70 wrote:
Joker#941490 wrote:
Beltane70 wrote:

Yes, but those technically weren’t new Macross works, one was a compilation of the Delta TV series, while the other is a continuation of the Delta storyline. I was hoping for a totally brand new series in a new setting with new characters.

I'm sure we'll get some kind of new Macross thing eventually, but there's always been at least a handful of years between new entries, and Kawamori's always worked on other projects between them.

Personally, I'm just always interested in seeing what he does next. Much as I love Macross, I don't want him stuck just working on his most popular franchise.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2