• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
New York Comic Con - Yen Press

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ReiClone88

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 5:21 pm Reply with quote
The link to the proper page is broken in the directory and needs fixing.
herbkir

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:19 am Reply with quote
I was really happy to see that Yen will do The Angel Experiment, a manga adaptation of the Maximum Ride story. Although nominally targeted to young-adult readers, this James Patterson series is a fun read for adults, too. I've read all the novels released to date.

Main characters are a group of kids, aged roughly 9-15, who were altered into bird-children through a "black" top-secret genetic recombination project . They look much like normal kids, but have angel-like wings, can fly and have other powers. A group of 6 bird-kids escape the facility where they were made, and they set out in the world to try and find a place for themselves. Naturally they are pursued, by humans and by other types of human-animal recombinant life forms.

Story is full of twists and turns, but what makes it work are the characters, particularly the 15-year-old female lead character, Max Ride, who pushes the story along. I'll be watching for when the manga adaptation comes out. It could be a great series if done right. (^_*)
Zoe

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:46 am Reply with quote
Oh, that's good to hear about B-Ichi. I've been trying to find a good set of used copies :\
melonbread

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 6:15 pm Reply with quote
I'm going to cry if they don't get to publish Fullmetal Alchemist in Yen+, UNCENSORED! That's the only chance I'm going to get to read the manga.

*crosses fingers*

Surely it's going to contain more than 5 Japanese manga titles, and x amount of Korean/English.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1