• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Shelf Life - Magik the Gathering

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jackmace Ryo

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:49 am Reply with quote
Hmm? In the perishable list there's Shuffle, but there's no review in the column.
atlanime

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:06 am Reply with quote
Magikano actually ends with spoiler[the entire series getting a reboot to the beginning of Episode #1.]

[edit - spoiler tags added -b]
Romuska
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:07 am Reply with quote
And here I thought I was the only one that had the Pikachu Movie Box.
daedelus

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:24 am Reply with quote
Jackmace Ryo wrote:
Hmm? In the perishable list there's Shuffle, but there's no review in the column.

Well, I thought I was losing my mind earlier because she reviewed Shuffle 4 in the last column or possibly the one before.

One thing about Step Up; I wonder if the anime buyer for Best Buy had any idea what they were buying? My guess...no!
Iron Chef

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:43 am Reply with quote
I liked xxxHolic, too, and would have finished the show if it weren't for Watanuki. His constant fawning over Himawari and bickering with everyone else just got to be too much. The rest of the characters seemed pretty "normal," but his character was too melodramatic and tended to overact the part. Too bad he's kind of the focus of the story...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:17 am Reply with quote
Quote:
This week's shelves are from Miguel, who has so much stuff, it's all spilling over! A lot of his manga are even double-stacked, or hiding somewhere else in his room.

The guy seems to like his techno. What type of electrical sockets are those in the fifth photograph?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
bci110

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:59 am Reply with quote
daedelus wrote:
One thing about Step Up; I wonder if the anime buyer for Best Buy had any idea what they were buying? My guess...no!

I'm more surprised that Best Buy even carried Step Up, let alone people acutally buying it there Laughing .
championferret

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:08 am Reply with quote
Zin5ki wrote:
Quote:
This week's shelves are from Miguel, who has so much stuff, it's all spilling over! A lot of his manga are even double-stacked, or hiding somewhere else in his room.

The guy seems to like his techno. What type of electrical sockets are those in the fifth photograph?

Australian ones. I can also tell by the Madman logo on many of his dvds.
Miguel, if you're reading this, where do you get all your R2 dvds from?
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:10 am Reply with quote
bci110 wrote:
daedelus wrote:

I'm more surprised that Best Buy even carried Step Up, let alone people acutally buying it there Laughing .

I believe daedelus was talking about the "buyer" for the store, who is the person who orders the anime and thus would be the reason Best Buy is carrying it.

I think that the idea of a collection of cautionary tales is an interesting description for xxxHolic. It doesn't always fit, but I'd say that it does most of the time. I still like to think of the series as anime's answer to The X-Files, however.

And I agree that Watanuki can be a hard character to take at times, but I found that he really grew on me as things went on. And the Himawari arc in vol 10 of the manga/the second season of the anime really sheds light on his obsession with Himiwari...but of course, if you don't like the anime getting to that point is going to be a chore.
doctordoom85

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:19 am Reply with quote
That guy has a Digimon Season 1 set! I'm filled with envy! Smile
Randall Miyashiro

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:43 am Reply with quote
doctordoom85 wrote:

He also has a ton of R2 UC Gundam and Sailor Moon. We also seem to have similar taste in manga. Are those Jojo volumes larger in dimensions compared to the original releases? I love how the different arcs have different colors.
phoenixphire24

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:45 am Reply with quote
I completely agree on XXXholic. While I liked the show and thought that it was very pretty, the plot just never went anywhere, and I soon became bored. I haven't watched the second season, so maybe it becomes less episodic, but it just couldn't hold my attention.
Kotatsu

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:48 am Reply with quote
championferret wrote:
Zin5ki wrote:
Quote:

Australian ones. I can also tell by the Madman logo on many of his dvds.
Miguel, if you're reading this, where do you get all your R2 dvds from?

Laughing What type of electrical sockets are those indeed.. Good to see some Aussie shelves! And more to the point how about that collection of original manga!
LordPrometheus

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:58 am Reply with quote
doctordoom85 wrote:

No kidding. When can I get a R1 version of that set?? Geez...
Big Hed

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:22 am Reply with quote
Wow, talk about variety on those shelves. Stuff from Madman, R1 sets, not to mention all the Japanese imports. I'd consider buying Madman releases myself, but the censorship board labels drive me crazy.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3