• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Introductions / Meet ANN / Tell us about Yourself (w/ index).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
_Emi_

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:50 am Reply with quote
Psycho 101 wrote:
As we have many new members a nice big welcome is in order. I normally try to make this a fun and entertaining thing I do but honestly I feel like ass tonight. If the room would stop spinning for 5 seconds I'd be so happy.

For a few days, if I was laying down, the slightest turn of my head would send the room to spinning and tumbling. It was absolutely awful. Hope you feel better soon.

Quote:
Inside for you all to share are such wonderful items as the shells from 2 lb of shrimp, 2 dozen bells of various sizes/colors from cat collars, a handful of pencils sharpened down to the eraser ends, and a handful of those little red flags from mailboxes.

I'll take the bells and make my own cat collar for my cat. Thank you very much!

Made a change to my introduction as I ditched the boyfriend.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:31 pm Reply with quote
Thanks. I suffer from migraines AND acute vertigo so it can really be a handful at times. Especially when both act up since the medications for both don't react well so I have to choose which one is bugging me more. Then wait an hour to take the medication for the other. And I'm sorry you ditched the boyfriend, unless of course this is good news and a positive thing for you in which point more power to ya hehe.
Ligene

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:51 pm Reply with quote
Name: Renee

Sex: Female

Blood Type: No clue ;P

Marital Status: Single

Ethnicity: American (English, Irish, Native American)

Religion: None

Pets: Dark (black cat), Hachiko "Hachi" (Shiba-inu)

Drink/Smoke: My mom would murder me.

Dislikes: You.

Favorite anime(s): The Twelve Kingdoms, Scrapped Princess, Le Chevalier d'Eon, Death Note, Princess Tutu, Kaleido Star, Pretear

Favorite Manga (Light novels): Sugar Sugar Rune, The Gentlemen's Alliance, Death Note, AQUA/ARIA

Favorite Books: Howl's Moving Castle, The Historian, Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Favorite game: Xenosaga, Pokemon, Mad Maestro, The Longest Journey and Dreamfall, Tales of the Abyss

Favorite TV shows/Movies: The Last Unicorn, The Princess and the Goblins, Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron

Favorite Drink: Mountain Dew

Favorite Foods: Chicken

Favorite Sites: Fictionpress, IGN, Anime News Network

Favorite Sport (to watch): Ice-skating

Favorite Sport (to play): Horse-back riding

Favorite Music: Visual kei, rock

Job: None

Hobbies: The norm.
_Emi_

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:06 am Reply with quote
Psycho 101 wrote:
Thanks. I suffer from migraines AND acute vertigo so it can really be a handful at times. Especially when both act up since the medications for both don't react well so I have to choose which one is bugging me more. Then wait an hour to take the medication for the other. And I'm sorry you ditched the boyfriend, unless of course this is good news and a positive thing for you in which point more power to ya hehe.

My problem was sinuses which I never had problems with before or since. The thing is I had just started college, and since their wasn't enough space in the dorms, was put up in a hotel (Hyatt Regency!). The shuttle service they provided wouldn't start until the week so I was stuck two days with those dizzy spells. I had to be very careful how I slept. And I consider ditching the boyfriend good news (I won't bore you with the details) so please don't feel sorry for me.
Sektor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:44 am Reply with quote
Hey all.

I am Sektor.

I am male and am 17 years old. I got into anime about 4 months back and i started with bleach.

My favorite anime of all time is Elfen Lied, i just am in love with it. I am currently watching it for the 3rd time.

My interests are anime obv., photography and looking after my lizard.

I also love games and own a wii and soon a PS3 =]

I came here to talk about anime as not many other forums do =[

I hope i will have a fun stay here =]
G-mofactor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:57 pm Reply with quote
Name: I have many names and multiple nicknames. Lets just go with G-mofactor for now.

Blood Type: AB

Ethnicity:Half Chinese, Half Spanish

Drink/Smoke: I don't smoke, and I drink for special occasions

Favorite anime: What I like is what I get. The things I love the most is the one that my friends have in common especially in the shelves.

Favorite Manga: Actually, anything that catches my eye. I am not a reader, but once I take a look at the first chapter and like it, its a sure bet that I'm buying the manga.

Favorite game: I am a big fan of the Metal Gear series and the Grandius series.

Favorite Sites: AnimeNewsNetwork, AnimeCastle, CDJapan, ToysLogic, Facebook, Myspace, and Cosplay

Favorite Sport (to watch): Soccer, Basketball, American Football

Favorite Sport (to play): Basketball, Soccer, American Football.

Hobbies: The beach (yes! its 1st!), photography, logo design, drawing, dodgeball, cosplay, listening to music, and seashell collecting (what?).

Extras: Born in the Philippines and studied in the US. I like to cosplay with friends and attend to conventions as much as possible. First established and founder of the anime club in the city I live in the US. I like to take hikes in the mountains by the city I live in the Philippines.
fullmetal biologist

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:37 pm Reply with quote
Name: Becky

Sex: Female

Blood Type: A+

Marital Status: married

Ethnicity: White

Religion: no

Pets: 3 cats

Drink/Smoke: occasionally/no

Likes: reading, book clubs, history, art, movies, hiking, anime

Dislikes: I'm just too old for kiddy anime and girls with cat ears.

Favorite anime(s): Cowboy Bebop, FMA, GITS:SAC, Samurai Champloo, Paranoia Agent, Mushi-Shi, Howl's Moving Castle, Spirited Away, Princess Mononoke

Favorite Manga (Light novels): I've finished Death note, which was one of the best series I've ever read. I've read some of Bleach (not my thing) and Trinity Blood (pretty good).

Favorite Books: Lords of the Rings, anything by Jane Austen, Harry Potter, Stephen King

Favorite game: don't do games

Favorite TV shows/Movies: Futurama!!, South Park, CSI, Mythbusters, Good Eats, The Daily Show and Colbert Report

Favorite Drink: unsweetened ice tea

Favorite Foods: dark chocolate

Favorite Sites: ANN, AV Club, Rottentomatoes, The Onion

Favorite Sport (to watch): basketball, football, hockey

Favorite Sport (to play): hiking

Favorite Music: I have the whole BNL collection

Job: scientist

See ya space cowboy...
Chesty La'Rou

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:18 pm Reply with quote
Name: Chris

Sex: Male

Blood Type: Come to think of it, I have no idea.

Ethnicity: White

Religion: None

Pets: None

Drink/Smoke: I'm one of those social drinker/smokers.

Hobbies: Guns, Cars, Computers, Books (mostly science-fiction/fantasy), Military History.

Dislikes: High up places and all things microsoft!

Favorite Anime: Out of what I have seen so far (which isn't much) I like it all.

Favorite Manga: I haven't read any yet (as I have just been recently introduced to anime), but I do plan on purchasing some soon!

Favorite TV shows/Movies: Firefly, Serenity, Battlestar Galactica, Law and Order, CSI, Scrubs, Family Guy, etc. (There are so many more movies and shows that I type here, but that would probably make this post about a page long hehe).

Favorite Video Game: Wow... I'm not even gonna start this one. I like so many different games, game genres, that span so many systems, that I wouldn't be able to finish the list for a week!

Favorite Drink: Sobe Power!

Favorite Sites: IGN, fallout.bethsoft.com, ANN (So many others that I could list here as well)

Favorite Music: Everything - From Rage Against the Machine to Yanni! (The only exception to this is that crap brittney spears girly music, and that Slow R&B crap...can't stand either of them)

Job: Student
Ikari1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:51 pm Reply with quote
Hi I've already posted a few times on here but its only polite to introduce my self so here we go.

My name is Dean and i currently study film and creative writing at demontford university in leicester. I started watching anime a couple of years ago but have only really let it take over my life recently Rolling Eyes .
I play airsoft and rugby. I'm a 20 year old male who loves his rock music. My favourite anime is neon genesis evangelion with the recent rebuild film being my favourite film of all time now. Im an insominac and have a phobia of wasps. I drink but dont smoke and my favourite food is sausage and mash.....or anything else with mash. I love reading and writing. Im hyperactive/ have ADHD and I have 4 cats. I enjoy hiking, climbing and sailing. My pet hate is text speak.

Oh and I cant find an image of shinji Ikari that will fit within the rules of avatar sizing so I've given up...Im not being boring ...just lazy.

Dean
AutomaticLimit

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:27 pm Reply with quote
Hello, I've always stopped by the ANN for news and whatnot so I thought I actually join and be social. Seems like this thread is a good place to start. Razz

Name: Steve

Blood Type: O+

Marital Status: Married

Ethnicity: Irish, English

Religion: Christian? Guess thats the closest.

Pets: Currently one male Beta fish Calypso.

Drink/Smoke: Yes/No

Likes: Besides the obvious... Video games, gadgets, comics, classic cars, art, and the beach.

Dislikes: Fake personalities, people who steal food off your plate and American Idol.

Favorite anime: Akira, Please Teacher, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Samurai Champloo to name a few.

Favorite Manga (Light novels): Don't really read a lot of manga but I have picked up a book or two.

Favorite Books: Siege of Lightening, I'm Just Here For The FOOD, High Score!

Favorite game: Counter-Strike, Half-Life 2, Starcraft, Conflict, Jackel, Final Fantasy 7.

Favorite TV shows/Movies: Oh, so many to list....

Favorite Drink: Buttery Nipple or Hornsby.

Favorite Foods: Steak. Mexican, Thai, Mac & cheese.

Favorite Sites: Engadget, Gizmodo, Woot, Thinkgeek, Jinx, Penny Arcade, XKCD, Digg, Veoh.

Favorite Sport (to watch):Football. GO FINS!

Favorite Sport (to play):Wii Sports count?

Favorite Music: Everything except country....

Job: Graphic Designer for a promotional products company.

Hobbies: Collecting stuff... Learning to cook, Paranormal stuff, art, computers.

I'm probably considered a geek of all trades but a master of none. My interests span just about everything. I've always been a fan of anime but only really recently rediscovered my love for it and have sought out more in the community.

I hate to bore you with more details about myself so I guess I'll go out and explore the forum.

S.
Aromatic Grass

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:46 pm Reply with quote
AutomaticLimit wrote:
Job: Graphic Designer for a promotional products company.

It's great that so many graphic designers seem to be anime fans. (I'm studying graphic design myself.) I guess we just love all the pretty art. Very Happy

Welcome to the forums.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
AutomaticLimit

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:11 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for the welcome.

Yes, I think it's something with us on a genetic level. Art? Cartoons? Adobe Illustrator? SIGN ME UP!

S.
dreamcaster555

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:37 pm Reply with quote
Name: Laura

Sex: Girl

Blood Type: O positive, I think?

Marital Status: Single (and not interested)

Ethnicity: 1/2 Italian, 1/4 Cuban, 1/4 Spainish

Religion: Christian

Pets: Two pugs, one black; two cats, one gray, one black

Drink/Smoke: Em, no

Likes: Anime, mangas, running, colorguard, friends, possibly this forum

Dislikes: Talking about self

Favorite anime: This is a tough one, but I'll try: Fruits Basket, Death Note, Digimon, .hack//SIGN, Air, Claymore, Cyborg 009, Digimon (1st and 2nd seasons), Elfen Lied, Gunslinger Girl, NANA, Naruto, Ouran High School Host Club, Strawberry Panic!, Vampire Knight, Wolf's Rain, Yu-Gi-Oh! the Abridged Series, Gakuen Alice

Favorite Manga (Light novels): Fruits Basket, Vampire Knight, Ouran High School Host Club, Naruto, Gakuen Alice (<-- reading right now)

Favorite Books: A Prayer For Owen Meany, A Tree Grows In Brooklyn, Illusions, Angela's Ashes, Phantom of the Opera

Favorite game: Zelda: Orcarina of Time

Favorite TV shows/Movies: Pan's Labyrinth, Labyrinth, Stargate SG-1, Scrubs, House M.D., Starwars Trilogy

Favorite Drink: Smoothies

Non-Alcoholic Drink: Err, smoothies again?

Favorite Foods: Anything vegetarian :]

Favorite Sites: Gaiaonline, Crunchyroll

Favorite Sport (to watch): Colorguard, Marching band

Favorite Sport (to play): Colorguard, Soccer

Favorite Music: 30 Seconds to Mars, AFI, All-American Rejects, Blink 182, Blonde Redhead, Bon Jovi, Bullet For My Valentine, Chicago, Chiodos, Fall Out Boy, Flyleaf, Foo Fighters, The Fray, Green Day, Heart, Hellogoodbye, Hinder, Interpol, Jethro Tull, John 5, Linkin Park, Motion City Soundtrack, Muse, My Chemical Romance, OK Go, Panic At the Disco, Paramore, Pink Floyd, Plain White T's, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Santana, Say Anything, Smashing Pumpkins, Sugarcult, Taking Back Sunday, The Academy Is..., The Format, The Fray, The Killers, The Rasmus, Three Days Grace, Tokio Hotel

Job: I'm working on it....

Hobbies: Writing, reading, watching anime

Fun facts about me:
Doesn't have any, sad huh?
Okay, I'll try:
-Veggie
-Talks to self
-Has twenty fingers and toes altogether

Favorite Quotes: [will get to eventually]

Pictures: [will get to eventually]

Many Edits later: Lalalalala, have patience with me! :3
kaizen-dono

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:29 pm Reply with quote
Name: J B and H (respectively)

Blood Type: erm I should probably find out

Ethnicity: Gwarrr {(so prolly Scottish/irish decent)a gwarr is a redhead to the uneducated}

Religion: C of E (church of England or as eddie izzard once said the Psychotic Bastard religion as it was founded by Henry VIII. Im not really that much of a christian but I was baptised.

Drink/Smoke: I do drink Im having a strongbow right now but I don’t drink that often and definitely don’t Binge as for smoking I haven't had a cigerillo in 3 months Hurrah for me!!!

Likes: Anime, Manga, Music, Jogging, sparring any exercise that’s fun and addictive and keeps me from being the fat B*****D otaku that haunts my dreams also laughing the ultimate expression of happiness

Dislikes: Role playing, Intolerance, war. oh and Chris de burgh a pox on thee chris de burgh

Favourite anime: BLEACH I would like to end the debate once and for all it is soooo much better than that crappy one about the fake ninja kids I like watching films more than series as Im not immortal and don’t have the time to watch the whole thing often see my favouries in the top 10 forum for details

Favourite Manga Ghost in the Shell 1 and 1.5 both great but book 2 was a great disappointment to me, Akira Appleseed FLCL there are so many I like Junji Ito as well (very weird) also got to mention dead end this is the last manga I finished and one of the best character based manga I have ever read

Favourite Books: Catch 22 Terry pratchett James Herbert
Currently reading The Terror and Closing Time

Favourite games: Super Mario bros Zelda, Lylat wars(star fox 64 in America) FFVI,VII Street Fighter II

Favourite Movies: Pan's Labyrinth, Old Boy and other park chan wook films, Takeshi Miike Katsuhiro Otomo Tarantino, Rodriguez Fear and loathing in las vegas

Favourite Drinks: Rum Cider Beer

Non-Alcoholic Drink: Tea (Im British Dammit)

Favourite Foods: Chicken fried Steak

Favourite Sport: Football (that’s the one with the feet and the ball)

Favourite Music: Hip Hop anticon Josh martinez MF doom UK hip hop brain tax skinny man Jehst Phi life Cypher Orchestral Punk DnB Trance, I Love music couldn’t live without

Job: Forester in training

Hobbies: Writing, reading, watching anime

Fun facts about me:
I am anatomically correct
I have had a brick thrown off my head twice
Every fight I have been in (ever as far as I can remember) has had something to do with the colour of my hair (which incites aggression)

Favorite Quotes: We cant stop hear this is bat country, You can be the king and I your horse but be careful for 1 mistake and I will throw you down and crush your skull

Pictures: [will get to eventually]

Last edited by kaizen-dono on Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ageon

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 6:17 am Reply with quote
Name: …Hugo…

Sex: …Male…

Blood Type: I don’t know, I'm not a doctor. Confused

Location: Pretoria, South Africa …(Summer too hot…Winter too cold)

Marital Status: Single, I think… you’d have to ask my girlfriend. She knows about that stuff. Confused

Ethnicity: Grandmother on mother’s side was French I think but mostly a South African Caucasian.

Religion: Christianity.

Drink/Smoke: I don’t drink and I don’t smoke.

Food: I have a rapid metabolism (or so I have been told). So I don’t put on weight easily.
Anime, Manga, Movies, Series, Games: Basically anything I can see on a screen and watch while chilling.

Dislikes:
Noise: Sometimes I like to nap when I’m chilling.
People who think anime and cartoons are the same thing. (Anime: Elfen Lied, Cartoon: Powerpuff girls).
Pretenders: Be yourself, there are many people that suck more than you do.

Favourite anime: Mushi-Shi… yes… Mushi-Shi.

Favourite Manga: Homunculus…no it has to be Berserk.

Favourite Book: Raymond E. Feist’s the Magician.

Favourite game: God of war.

Favourite Movies: Trilogies… The Godfather, the Lord of the Rings.

Non-Alcoholic Drink: Vanila and caramel milk shake.

Favourite Foods: All of them. If you eat it, so will I.

Favourite Sport: Erm… something popular… maybe badminton.

Favourite Music: Music I don’t have to dance to.

Job: Engineering Mechatronic’s student currently working at a nuclear energy cooperation and soon to be the ruler of the world. Twisted Evil

Hobbies: Chilling, chilling and chilling. Wink

Fun facts about me:
Arrow I can sleep for thirteen hours if necessary.
Arrow I have never initiated a fight so I have never really won one.
Arrow I can hold my breath for 10 seconds, can run at full speed for 10 seconds and can fall asleep in under 10 seconds.

Favorite Quotes: Where’s the food… I don’t know who said it but she’s out there somewhere…
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 57 of 233