• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kamen no Maid Guy Manga to Bundle DVD with New Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chrno2

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:49 am Reply with quote
As sick as this show is I actually like it. I'd be shocked if it was brought over. I'm sure the manga is even more insane.
omnistry

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:04 am Reply with quote
All my friends and I love this show. We cannot picture it not being licensed in America anytime soon. (On my radio show I even use a sound effect of Maid Guy going "Ku ku ku!" to all of our delight Very Happy.)
Chrno2

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:10 am Reply with quote
omnistry wrote:
All my friends and I love this show. We cannot picture it not being licensed in America anytime soon. (On my radio show I even use a sound effect of Maid Guy going "Ku ku ku!" to all of our delight Very Happy.)

Hahaha!!! Good one. Found myself doing it as well. See this show is sort of good old fashioned crazy humor.
Warll

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:22 pm Reply with quote
The "ku ku ku" is a in joke for the MMO'ing viewers of the show: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leet#Kekeke
enurtsol

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:11 pm Reply with quote
Why is it that every extra DVD involves "unairable on TV due to unethical violations"?! Whatever happened to just expanding on the story? Imagine if American TV does that for their DVD boxsets. Laughing
Chrno2

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:39 am Reply with quote
Unethical violations? Hmmm...considering what I have seen in 'Maid Guy', I could only wonder what it could have been.
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:13 pm Reply with quote
Chrno2 wrote:
Unethical violations? Hmmm...considering what I have seen in 'Maid Guy', I could only wonder what it could have been.

Most likely a hot springs episode. Based off what members have said about this series, I highly doubt this series will be released into North America any time soon.
Panda Man

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:50 pm Reply with quote
I like it, but, I never really saw what was so bad about it. I might just be desensitized to offensive material. Would be nice to have it released here, and if Dokuro-Chan can be licensed, I think this can too. Though, I get the feeling I wont ever see a US release of Kodomo no Jikan. The manga would have been good, but I think naming it Nymphet kinda made it seem worse than it was. Should have kept a child's time.
omnistry

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:28 pm Reply with quote
Plus Madhouse animated this, and almost everything they've done in the past couple have seen a US release, or are awaiting a US release date.

The show's comic gold, plain and simple. If only Jason Statham can play Kogarashi in a live-action version Laughing.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:19 pm Reply with quote
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:
Chrno2 wrote:

Most likely a hot springs episode. Based off what members have said about this series, I highly doubt this series will be released into North America any time soon.

Hmm...I wonder what was said? But hey, there's always a possibility. Hell, folks thought 'RM' wasn't going to be picked up when 'Geneon' folded but look who decided to pick it up. If they can bring over the unlikely niche titles 'Dokoro-chan' and 'Punie', then there's a chance for 'Maid Guy'. If not, well...one can dream for the impossible.
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 3:28 pm Reply with quote
Chrno2 wrote:
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:
Chrno2 wrote:

Hmm...I wonder what was said? But hey, there's always a possibility. Hell, folks thought 'RM' wasn't going to be picked up when 'Geneon' folded but look who decided to pick it up. If they can bring over the unlikely niche titles 'Dokoro-chan' and 'Punie', then there's a chance for 'Maid Guy'. If not, well...one can dream for the impossible.

You yourself said this series was qoute on quote "insane" as well as the image in the article. I'll never watch this show, but I am sure the creator is going to make some money off this dvd bundle.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1