• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Aria's Kozue Amano to Launch New Manga in November

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eldritch

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:31 am Reply with quote
I dont Understand...¿The Octuber Issue released on August 30?

"will launch a new manga in the magazine's January issue on November 30. " Here another doubt for me. I cant understand the magazine´s edition system.

Thanks for answer...
Senna

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:41 am Reply with quote
Shouldn't the title of Koge-donbo's latest be something like "Pavane for a tearful/crying girl," and not "Pavane for a dead girl"?
Egan Loo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:51 am Reply with quote
Eldritch wrote:
I don't Understand...¿The Octuber Issue released on August 30?

"will launch a new manga in the magazine's January issue on November 30. " Here another doubt for me. I can't understand the magazine´s edition system.

Thanks for answer...

Many Japanese magazines are postdated two months ahead if they are released at the end of the month. So an issue that just got released at the end of August may be postdated two months ahead to October.
Egan Loo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:53 am Reply with quote
Senna wrote:
Shouldn't the title of Koge-donbo's latest be something like "Pavane for a tearful/crying girl," and not "Pavane for a dead girl"?

The Japanese word for crying is "naki" but there is another Japanese word for dead/deceased that is also pronounced "naki," but with a different kanji. Koge Donbo*'s new title uses the latter kanji, since it is an apparent wordplay on Maurice Ravel's Pavane pour une infante défunte (Naki Ōjo no Tame no Pavane or Pavane for a Dead Princess).
ringoiero360

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:46 pm Reply with quote
can't wait to see what it is. I loved Aqua and Aria Smile
Demonic+Elemental

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:47 pm Reply with quote
Wow. This is interesting and awesome news for me, which [b]literally[/b] made my day better. Mag Garden is one of my favorite Japanese manga publishers out there and it's nice to know and hear news that they have some new projects for their magazine.

Hmm...Even though it's not finalized, [i]Angels Falling Down[/i] sounds like a pretty decent and workable title.

I believe that there are two manga included in their "Blade Brand-New Operation 2008" campaign that involves sports: one based on soft tennis, and the other for lacrosse. Even though most sports manga aren't my cup of tea, those somehow peaked my interest.

I pretty much hoped that Kozue Amano will be working on a new manga, and knew about it by going to Mag Garden's [i]Comic Blade[/i] website. It's great to know that it's happening. I may not read Japanese, but I can't wait to buy that issue of [i]Comic Blade[/i].
Eldritch

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:12 pm Reply with quote
Thanks Egan loo!
Delpheno

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:52 pm Reply with quote
I can't wait to see what Kozue Amano has up.

Better not suck.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:31 pm Reply with quote
Aria............ Aqua............ What's next, "Area?" (Y'know, earth-sounding.) Laughing
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1