• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion (TV) - dub.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dtm42

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:19 pm Reply with quote
So I heard that Adult Swim has royally screwed you guys (and gals) over. I stopped viewing that thread because of all the hysterics, but am still curious to know how this will affect you people. Is anyone going to stop watching as payback against Adult Swim? Because I hope not. As I told someone through Private Message, if you've watched this far, you are practically obliged to finish it. You owe it to yourselves; the ending to season one should not be missed.
GenshikenServo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:45 pm Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
So I heard that Adult Swim has royally screwed you guys (and gals) over. I stopped viewing that thread because of all the hysterics, but am still curious to know how this will affect you people. Is anyone going to stop watching as payback against Adult Swim? Because I hope not. As I told someone through Private Message, if you've watched this far, you are practically obliged to finish it. You owe it to yourselves; the ending to season one should not be missed.

I'll never stop! You'd have to pry Code Geass out of my cold, dead hands at this point!
Laughing

It should be easy if they keep airing them online. Really the worst thing about this is that there's no longer any chance to walk into Hot Topic and find a Zero/Lelouch shirt anymore.
Anime cry
daedelus

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:59 am Reply with quote
I'm still going to watch it via my DVR. That is, if Comcast gets the schedule change.(They haven't as of yet Rolling Eyes)

I guess a temporary solution would be to program it to record the two Inuyasha episodes. That would cover it.
Ohoni

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:34 am Reply with quote
Well, they do post this version on the Internets, so it's not like people HAVE to watch the terrestrial broadcast.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:57 pm Reply with quote
Ohoni wrote:
Well, they do post this version on the Internets, so it's not like people HAVE to watch the terrestrial broadcast.

So very true though it's a real shame they're doing at this late of the game; we haven't gotten to the GOOD episodes yet that may boast up the ratings! Well, Episode 20 is out:

http://www.adultswim.com/video/?episodeID=8a2505951bc80ed4011c53575145060d

...and I remember this episode being so utterly cheesy! Laughing

Though it has it's good moments like:

spoiler[- Shirley discovering a note she wrote before getting Geass'ed that says Lelouch is Zero!

- Oooo, Euphie and Nina alone in the fireplace......

- Zero's new Gawain is one gigantic powerful Knightmare of awesomeness. C.C. in a pilot suit is a nice added addition!]
GenshikenServo

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:23 pm Reply with quote
Great episode!

I love a show that gets more and more exciting with each episode, and Code Geass pulls that off at the end of EACH episode.
Anime smile
BladeDragoonZETA

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:14 pm Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
Is anyone going to stop watching as payback against Adult Swim?

I won't

I have nothing to do during saturday nights so I'll keep tuning in to Bleach, Geass and Moribito.

If nothing else than to say "You guys ([AS]) are wrong; there are still people watching anime!"
wolfsbane12

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:48 am Reply with quote
If you don't watch then you'll prove Williams Street right. I want to know how season one ends so I just reset my alarm for 4:45 and 4:50 so I'll get up to watch it and Moribito.
Ohoni

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:25 am Reply with quote
Beh. One, watcing the shows at 5 just means that they can show the anime whenever they want and it doesn't matter, and that they should run more profitable shows in the better timeslots. If you want to make a stand, don't watch any of their shows.

Two, if you aren't in a Neilsen's household, YOU DON'T COUNT. Watch it, don't watch it, nobody cares, nobody will ever know other than yourself.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:14 am Reply with quote
Hell, this is later than most anime in Japan airs. Those late-night slots usually run only till about 3 AM at the latest, usually midnight or 1 AM I believe, which isn't so bad.

You're just asking for severely reduced viewership of rather popular modern titles.
einhorn303

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:38 am Reply with quote
What I'd love to see more than anything else in the world:

Someone taking one of the most retarded, "middle-aged-fat-male-crotch-in-face" style, with vomitting and horrible singing, clips from Tim And Eric Awesome Show! Great Job, and uploading it to nicovideo with a flashing red caption of: "ON AMERICAN TV, CODE GEASS'S TIME SLOT WAS MOVED TO 3 AM SO IT COULD BE REPLACED WITH THIS SHOW," in Japanese ww

Something like this (actual clip from the show): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5_2uZ6v_Nw

Edit: Or possibly this for something longer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMLHx_MVLvU
Chaos42

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:56 am Reply with quote
sorry don't know why it doubled

Last edited by Chaos42 on Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Chaos42

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:56 am Reply with quote
id like to say the following about the adult swim scheduling is that they are the first against the wall when the revolution comes (right next to the marketing department of the serious cybernetics -corporation=see the hitchhikers guide to the galaxy for the reference)

Last edited by Chaos42 on Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:38 am; edited 1 time in total
BladeDragoonZETA

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 4:30 am Reply with quote
just a note

the little scene where Deithard shows up with the people watching the news will be important later on
Ohoni

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:43 am Reply with quote
I love that dude, how he gets his little "O" face whenever Zero does anything remotely interesting. Wink
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 29 of 60