• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 26 Bakugan: New Vestroia Episodes Planned for Spring

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Emerje

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:38 pm Reply with quote
I never thought this franchise stood a chance of being popular, it just seemed too abstract even for a Japanese series. But I find that more often than not when I'm in the toy aisle the Bakugan pegs are completely bare of the little transforming marbles and everything that goes with them and stores are reserving A LOT of shelf space to these, it's really something.

It's going to be an interesting holiday season, this will easily be one of the big sellers.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
doctordoom85

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:16 pm Reply with quote
Indeed. I work at a Toys R Us, and one of the most frequent questions is, "where can I find the Bakugan stuff?". Pretty popular.
Buster Blader 126

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:29 pm Reply with quote
I'm also quite surprised at how popular Bakugan has gotten. The first time that I got an indication of its popularity was when I was at Wal-Mart one day several months ago, and when I was at the checkout counter, I saw a sign saying "Bakugan limited to two per person." Needless to say, I was quite shocked.

It seems like it'll outlast Bedaman, which could've lasted quite a while longer given it had a sequel series and a spin-off series. Though in that case, the second season's dub was quite bad (new voice cast), and it didn't even premiere in the USA, to boot. It got canned in Canada after 26 or so episodes.
jr240483

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:53 pm Reply with quote
the series is interesting enough,however since nelvana is dubbing it,there's not sub version or english uncut version is is a real turn off for hardcore anime fans and will cause more people to watch the fansubs which is bad for the series.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Primus

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:17 pm Reply with quote
jr0904 wrote:
the series is interesting enough,however since nelvana is dubbing it,there's not sub version or english uncut version is is a real turn off for hardcore anime fans and will cause more people to watch the fansubs which is bad for the series.

Except Nelvana isn't dubbing this series since they're one of the co-producers. It was said by one of the audio staff that episodes had been recorded in English before those episodes were even broadcasted in Japan.
BakuganFan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:29 pm Reply with quote
I Didn't Know There's Gonna Be A New Bakugan Series Called New Vestroia. I Heard It Will Be Released In The Spring Of 2009. I Bet It Will Be The Coolest As The First Bakugan Series. Very Happy
Kid Ryan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:03 pm Reply with quote
When will this air on Cartoon Network (U.S.) English Dubbed?
BakuganFan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:45 pm Reply with quote
I Wonder If There Will Be New Bakugan During The New Season? Can't Wait To Find Out. Last Year, Dan And His 5 Bakugan Battle Brawlers Defeated Naga And Saved Alice's Grandfather Before Their Goodbyes. I Bet There Will Be New Characters And New Villians, But I'll Find Out.
ConanSan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:06 pm Reply with quote
Yay.Fun.
BakuganFan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:18 pm Reply with quote
Bakugan Is The Best Series With Will Little Marbles That Pop Up Monsters And Will Carry On Forever! ALL HAIL BAKUGAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ALL HAIL BAKUGAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BakuganFan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:19 pm Reply with quote
It's Spring. When Will The New Bakugan Show Air? I Can't Wait To Find Out.
BakuganFan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:26 pm Reply with quote
the new bakugan toys just came out like a few months ago.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1