• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
New York Anime Festival 2008 - Del Rey Manga

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GATSU

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:03 pm Reply with quote
Pretty bland without the Kodansha connection. I hope the latter company learns from Gutsoon's mistakes.
oriana3k

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:26 am Reply with quote
Quote:
a second Phoenix Wright compilation of manga shorts, revolving around the character of Miles Edgeworth, is also on track for next summer

Is that right? Both Amazon and Del Rey's site list volume two for late February 09.
Anath_19

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:46 am Reply with quote
Quote:
...and a follow-up volume is in preparation, although it will not be completed until the summer of 2009.

This news makes me a sad panda. The first Faust volume was awesome, and I was hoping we'd get the next sooner rather than later. Well, at least it will be coming, that is a good thing.
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:22 am Reply with quote
After Genshiken ended, I felt Del Ray manga became slightly bland and quite frankly, uninteresting. I initally thought Negima was a great series....Until the fanservice became a huge problem for the story and enjoyabilty. In each page, there is fanservice of some kind, just like how Naruto states "belive it" every couple of minutes.

Kujibiki Unbalance would be as bad as Negima, if the Genshiken shorts weren't added. Too bad for Del Ray, I once was really interested in this company.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1