• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Media Blasters Announces Amaenaideyo!! DVD Release

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joshuafer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:39 pm Reply with quote
I do enjoy the occasional harem comedy, so will probably have to check this out, anyone seen it ?
Mevious

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:54 pm Reply with quote
I liked Doujin Work, but I don't know how well it will sell. I never expected Amaenaide to get licensed, though. It's a pretty mediocre harem anime.
omnistry

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:04 pm Reply with quote
Amaenaideyo!! was okay. Not great; but some good laughs.

Doujin Work is pretty funny, though. Glad it's getting a release. I wonder if the live-action segments of the show will be with it.
e-imi

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:15 pm Reply with quote
I am SO happy about this!

I will be pre-ordering both of those. Very Happy
Ryllharu

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:22 pm Reply with quote
"Ah My Buddha"? I suppose they are trying to pick up the harem fans by making a slight and vague reference to Ah My Goddess?

The series was mediocre, but perhaps harem ecchi still sells well.

On the other hand, I liked Doujin Work, a reflective look at fanart circles but in a strange way that ends up being from the outside looking in. It sounded wrong on almost every level, but it was pretty funny. There's a lot of otaku humor though. If Haruhi and Lucky Star sell, it probably will too.
icepick314

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:25 pm Reply with quote
Dojin Works is pretty funny...i haven't checked out the series but i've seen few scanlations here and there...it's pretty fun 4-panel comic and one of these days, i should sit and check out few episodes...

i've seen both seasons of Amaenaideyo...while it's somewhat fun harem series with lots of ecchi comedies, it's one of those series that it has funny moments but not something really memorable...it's good buy if it's cheap release....i'm hoping Media Blaster did license both first and second season....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
bleuster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:27 pm Reply with quote
Man, it's been almost a year since Doujin Work was announced for a U.S. release, and it's only 13 episodes. Better late than never, I guess.
I'll mark that on my calender.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
wilson_x1999

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:42 pm Reply with quote
joshuafer wrote:
I do enjoy the occasional harem comedy, so will probably have to check this out, anyone seen it ?

I did and I've tried to forget about ever since.

I'd say it's below mediocre.

Doujin Works is funny and I'll be getting that :3
ShugoYotsuba

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:49 pm Reply with quote
Doujin Work, finally gets announced!!!
YAAY!!!! I can't wait to buy it!!

(my female half Konata doing thumbs up is how I feel right now!!)
bci110

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:51 pm Reply with quote
ShugoYotsuba, you just gave me an idea for my next avatar Laughing !

As for the two new MB licenses, they sound like rentals to me. I'm a little weary about watching another harem series, but Doujin Work sounds interesting. Is it fair to compare it to Comic Party, or are they completely different?
bci110

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:04 pm Reply with quote
TRSI has the first volumes for both series listed on their website:

Ah! My Buddha DVD 1: The Aroused One (Hyb)

Doujin Work DVD 1: Pencil & Paper (S)

So based on this information Amaenaideyo!! will have an English-language dub, whereas Doujin Work will be a sub-only release.
shezni

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:08 pm Reply with quote
Ah, Doujin Work! I've read all of the manga so far, and I've checked out a few episodes of the anime, so I'm pretty excited about its release. Don't know how well it will sell, but I'm hoping for the best.

Can't say I'm too excited about this harem title, since I'm not into harem whatsoever. Heh, since it's harem, I'm sure it'll do alright, unless it's abysmally horrible.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:27 pm Reply with quote
bci110 wrote:
TRSI has the first volumes for both series listed on their website:

Ah! My Buddha DVD 1: The Aroused One (Hyb)

Doujin Work DVD 1: Pencil & Paper (S)

So based on this information Amaenaideyo!! will have an English-language dub, whereas Doujin Work will be a sub-only release.

Makes sense, since Doujin Work fits the idea of being a title that doesn't really deserve a dub.
Zalis116

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:22 pm Reply with quote
Ryllharu wrote:
"Ah My Buddha"? I suppose they are trying to pick up the harem fans by making a slight and vague reference to Ah My Goddess?

The series was mediocre, but perhaps harem ecchi still sells well.
I'm liking this new title. Considering that the other options are to leave it as the original title (which to most will look like one long incomprehensible foreign word) or use a literal translation ("Don't spoil me" sounds kinda lame imo), "Ah My Buddha" is a much more colorful, descriptive name to put on the shelves.

Yeah the show's not great, but it's not without merit either. There's some fun parody moments, and a few tender/tearjerking moments if you're a sucker for "sad supernatural sidestories." And there is some semblance of an actual plot, although some might call it a "story detracting from fanservice" situation. I'd compare it to Yumeria (from the same director), only instead of the guy "charging" the girls by fondling them, the girls "charge" the guy by flashing him. Good ol-fashioned oh-this-is-so-wrong ecchi guilty pleasure fun. In terms of dub speculation, NYAV Post managed elevate the mediocre Shinto-themed Shrine of the Morning Mist above its source material for M-B awhile back, so maybe they can do the same with AMB.
RauTwilight

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:44 pm Reply with quote
So MB got Amaenaideyo!!, wonder if they got both seasons or just season 1 since well you know they could just combine both seasons and release it under the same title (like ADV did for Tokyo Majin for example) or simply separate titles (like the original Japanese release). Well I guess only time will tell...Cool
seen both seasons technically found season 2 more enjoyable than season1.

As for Doujin Work never heard about it/ nor seen an ep of it so I got nothing to say about it... well except its plot looks good Smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3