• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Bones' X'amd: Lost Memories Opening Now Streaming

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mulrich

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:03 pm Reply with quote
A nice series, this one.

Some people like to call it "Postman Pat in Japan" because of the postal service thing. >_>
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:06 pm Reply with quote
Why is this even posted? The quality of your stream was awful, I could just go watch on YouTube in a higher quality of audio and video.
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:08 pm Reply with quote
That was worse the YOUTUBE quality, further proving that the legal version is far carppyer in terms of quality.
jsevakis
Former ANN Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:12 pm Reply with quote
I work with what I'm given.

Let me ask Sony if they have a higher quality version.
britannicamoore

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:16 pm Reply with quote
Thats really sad....is this the stream you were given or is it just the site or something?

never mind: thanks for the answer.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
halo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:30 pm Reply with quote
The Playstation downloads of the episodes are in HD (not sure if it's 720p or 1080i/p) and the video quality looks pretty good. The subtitle quality however, looked about bootleg quality. I have no clue why they would stream something like this. Then again, I don't understand much of Sony's moves.
Primus

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:31 pm Reply with quote
DmonHiro wrote:
That was worse the YOUTUBE quality, further proving that the legal version is far carppyer in terms of quality.

I'm sure Sony's High Definition PS3 stream is terrible Rolling Eyes
LordPrometheus

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:52 pm Reply with quote
Carping about quality aside, is the show any good? I liked the OP, for what it's worth.
edzieba

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:53 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
The Playstation downloads of the episodes are in HD (not sure if it's 720p or 1080i/p) and the video quality looks pretty good. The subtitle quality however, looked about bootleg quality.
The subtitles are actually very good. However, due to their choice of formats it is hardsubbed rather than softsubbed, they must cater to the lowest possible hardware (i.e. 4:3 over RF). It is intended to be displayed on a TV rather than a monitor, and this means that they have to keep the subs entirely within the 4:3 overscan safe area, which is why they appear bunched up when viewed in widescreen without overscan.
mulrich

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:05 pm Reply with quote
LordPrometheus wrote:
Carping about quality aside, is the show any good? I liked the OP, for what it's worth.

It's quite good, actually, and contrary to what someone else said in this thread, the subtitles are okay. They could pass for any other R1 company's subtitles.
omoikane

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:30 pm Reply with quote
LordPrometheus wrote:

Yes.

The first 12 episodes are available via PSN video store, so you can watch it on your PS3 (and port it to your PSP). I think when firmware v5 for PSP comes out, you can even watch Xam'd directly on a PSP without getting a PS3 involved by buying it from the web version of the PSN video store.

The subtitles for Xam'd looks like the typical white font used for foreign movies, and the translation quality is likewise.

As to the OP streaming on the ANN video thingy, well... let's just say that it provides a different experience than watching it at 720 with 5.1 surround sound. Which is also different than watching the 1080 trailer Sony put out themselves since this July. The latter is probably fine to be distributed since it doesn't have DRM or anything.

What I am stoked about is seeing (more) Boom Boom Satellites on American download-to-own sites. Now they just need to get their last CD on there. That whole CD is very nice. More than just 1 track please.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:32 pm Reply with quote
The audio was actaully weird for me...the left-channel audio seemed a lot louder than the right-channel...and only that video too. Hm..is that how the song is supposed to be because i never noticed that before
mulrich

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:36 pm Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
The audio was actaully weird for me...the left-channel audio seemed a lot louder than the right-channel...and only that video too. Hm..is that how the song is supposed to be because i never noticed that before

No, the song is not like that. The vid ANN is streaming is simply crappy. I hope Sony gives them a better version.
jsevakis
Former ANN Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:43 pm Reply with quote
Just replaced with a new version that looks much better. Sorry for the inconvenience.

As always, the subscriber version is higher bitrate, and that looks almost DVD quality now.
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:28 pm Reply with quote
Primus wrote:
I'm sure Sony's High Definition PS3 stream is terrible Rolling Eyes

I was talking about the OP posted on ANN. The least you could do is pay attention.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2