• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Viz Showcases Anime at MIPCOM Global Industry Event

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChibiGoku

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:01 am Reply with quote
156 episodes of Mar...?

Err... That can't be right, considering there exists only 102 episodes.
braves

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:05 am Reply with quote
Hey, Viz, about you release those in the U.S. first before looking for international buyers. Rolling Eyes Mainly taking about NANA and Honey And Clover.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Dop.L

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:28 am Reply with quote
Yeah, I'm with Braves on this one, I want my NANA and Honey and Clover DVDs and I want them now!
doctordoom85

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:22 am Reply with quote
Not to mention series that were halted. What, are we not good enough to get all of MAR? Confused
Jacut

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:26 am Reply with quote
braves wrote:
Hey, Viz, about you release those in the U.S. first before looking for international buyers. Rolling Eyes Mainly taking about NANA and Honey And Clover.

Hum, well, to Viz, USA IS an international market since Viz is a subsidiary fully owned by Shueisha and Shogakukan (100% Japanese company) so I don't understand you point exactly. They don't want to edit their titles themselves and would rather have a/some sublicensor(s) in Europe and in the USA to sell their series to, and that's exactly the goal of the MIPCOM event.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Alex_Strife

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:30 am Reply with quote
Okay, this is nice. But since they were showing off animes that aren't even out yet, does that mean they also showed the dubbed versions of NANA, Honey and Clover, and HXH? I'm still waiting for them to announce new licenses though.
jsevakis
Former ANN Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:31 am Reply with quote
MIPCOM is really mostly for the broadcast industry, so I don't think they're there to try to sell it to DVD companies.
braves

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:47 am Reply with quote
Jacut wrote:
Hum, well, to Viz, USA IS an international market since Viz is a subsidiary fully owned by Shueisha and Shogakukan (100% Japanese company) so I don't understand you point exactly. They don't want to edit their titles themselves and would rather have a/some sublicensor(s) in Europe and in the USA to sell their series to, and that's exactly the goal of the MIPCOM event.

The point is that they've held onto these titles forever and they still haven't done anything with them, nor given a heads-up with a specific release date. I mean, Viz Europe got H&C back in '06 and it still hasn't been released by them anywhere. All they seem to care about are their big Shonen titles, and even then, they don't give those proper treatment.

Meh, these titles would probably get dropped anyways....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ConanSan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:51 am Reply with quote
hey maybe Jetix uk can get Hunter x Hunter and make a huge mess out of that too...
Grico

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:07 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, I wish they would go ahead and release Nana. Its most frustrating when a show gets licensed so you have expectations and then they just sit on it forever.
Daimao Raki

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:11 pm Reply with quote
braves wrote:
Jacut wrote:

The point is that they've held onto these titles forever and they still haven't done anything with them, nor given a heads-up with a specific release date. I mean, Viz Europe got H&C back in '06 and it still hasn't been released by them anywhere. All they seem to care about are their big Shonen titles, and even then, they don't give those proper treatment.

Meh, these titles would probably get dropped anyways....
They should just let go to a company that will release them.
zanarkand princess

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:08 pm Reply with quote
Grico wrote:
Yeah, I wish they would go ahead and release Nana. Its most frustrating when a show gets licensed so you have expectations and then they just sit on it forever.

I really wish NANA would come out too but as a full moon fan I'm used to their shojo beat titles not getting treated well and I kind of anticipated something like this. I also expect for vampire kight to eventually get the same treatment.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1