• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Japanese Animation DVD Ranking, November 5-11

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Megiddo

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:35 am Reply with quote
Wow, looks like Noitamina is strong as ever.

Happy to see Library War selling well... it's a great series.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:49 am Reply with quote
What happened to the rank #s?

And who would watch the Lilo bastardomesticatization?! Laughing
Egan Loo

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 1:08 pm Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:

ANN now uses the rank numbers for all Japanese DVD sales in a given week, not just the animated DVDs. So, Library War Vol. IV may be the top-selling release among just the animated DVDs, but it is the #7 DVD overall. That makes it easier to compare sales of animated DVDs to sales of live-action adaptations of manga, like #15's Sunadokei (Sand Chronicles) DVD.

The rank list is still in order, so you can mentally add in numbers for the animated DVD rankings. For example, Naruto Shippūden The Twelve Guardian Ninja Arc #3 DVD was the #9 bestselling animated DVD last week.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:13 pm Reply with quote
Egan Loo wrote:
enurtsol wrote:

ANN now uses the rank numbers for all Japanese DVD sales in a given week, not just the animated DVDs. So, Library War Vol. IV may be the top-selling release among just the animated DVDs, but it is the #7 DVD overall. That makes it easier to compare sales of animated DVDs to sales of live-action adaptations of manga, like #15's Sunadokei (Sand Chronicles) DVD.

The rank list is still in order, so you can mentally add in numbers for the animated DVD rankings. For example, Naruto Shippūden The Twelve Guardian Ninja Arc #3 DVD was the #9 bestselling animated DVD last week.

Well, I'm more referring to the ones with no rank this week and last week, just a couple of blank dashes....
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1