• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Viz to Stream Naruto on Naruto.com Within 1 Week of Japanese Airing

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:08 am Reply with quote
Pfft. One week, that's sooo slow. All the neat discussions will be over by then. Rolling Eyes

Just kidding. Smile

Good new for Naruto fans.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
rankothefiremage

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:13 am Reply with quote
Within meaning 24 hr is also within what they could do.

-Gabe
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Vortextk

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:13 am Reply with quote
They're really trying to jump start into shippuuden and attract some fansub viewers huh?

Can't say I think it'll be a big hit, but I hope it does well enough to continue on other anime sometime down the line and it's nice to see a company trying to actively change it's model.
Leebo

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:19 am Reply with quote
Hope it's successful. Glad to see companies try to offer a product as close to what their fans want as they can.
posterior_praiser

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:20 am Reply with quote
Wow. This is a good step. I hope people will watch the official streams :/
vtnwesley

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:22 am Reply with quote
I bet on day one all the fansub snots will have at least a million new excuses. Don't like the fonts, no karaoke opening text, a week is too long, not stealing ruins the "rebel-without-a-clue" factor, must be mistranslated because the F-Bomb is missing, isn't on a pirate website with the community they love... Did I miss anything? ... ingrates.
Dezixn

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:26 am Reply with quote
This is pretty cool. I like the idea. Good direction they are taking here.

But really, a week? We all know Shippuuden is already fansubed in no time at all as it is!
Either be faster, or just get a contract with the current Naruto fansubers imo

vtnwesley wrote:
I bet on day one all the fansub snots will have at least a million new excuses. Don't like the fonts, no karaoke opening text, a week is too long, not stealing ruins the "rebel-without-a-clue" factor, must be mistranslated because the F-Bomb is missing, isn't on a pirate website with the community they love... Did I miss anything? ... ingrates.

QQ more please.
tsukikage

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:30 am Reply with quote
I don't watch Naruto, but this is kind of awesome.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Vekou

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:38 am Reply with quote
Good for Viz, this is what I like to see. If only this had been done with a good series...
bakaShin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:48 am Reply with quote
vtnwesley wrote:

Oh my aren't we the cynic. I am pretty sure most people who already have a method of watching new episodes are not going to change their ways. This is probably going to be much more helpful to the casual people who will now have a easy access to watching it.
Raven Shinobi

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:48 am Reply with quote
Good news for those who live in those specified regions, but I hope that more companies would offer some sort of an option for the international viewers like myself. I wouldn't mind supporting shows that I'm interested in by paying for each download or even viewing.

I was in love with Naruto until the time skip kicked in, but I've been hearing that the anime adaption of the post time-skip chapters has been good, so I might give the series a second chance when Viz begins to release them on DVD.

Last edited by Raven Shinobi on Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:52 am; edited 1 time in total
sanosuke32

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:49 am Reply with quote
dammit, I got so excited thinking maybe... finally... they would announce when the dub for shippuden will be airing, but no Mad

Even so, this is good news.
AirCooledMan_2006

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:53 am Reply with quote
Within a week? Why can't they do it in the same day, like Gonzo is doing with Linebarrels of Iron? By the time an episode of Naruto has aired, the fansubbers (Read: The cancer that is killing anime) have already subbed it, and most likely these speed-subbers may have done a crap job of subbing it (Mixing languages, eye-distracting crazy fonts, karaoke subtitles, obtrusive in situ explanation notes, etc.).

Still, it's nice to see another R1 company besides FUNimation doing streams of anime to help replace fansubs and rips. (Why the hell they haven't done this sooner is beyond me.)

Last edited by AirCooledMan_2006 on Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:17 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ghstmtrx

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:00 am Reply with quote
Hey this is pretty cool. I wonder if this will give any indication on how the show will be dubbed. (IE: How they translate some of the material they would consider for older audiences.) Either way I think this is a good move, I am sure there are a few fansubbers out there who would give it up for a official release, not alot but some.
DFBTG

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:15 am Reply with quote
If I read correctly they intend on putting up all of Shippuden, so I guess when they do I'll have more of a reason to start watching it again. Once the filler-like episodes (I say 'like' because I think they had some of Naruto's training in them) started I just said screw it and haven't picked it back up since. Still, I'm quite pleased with this. More companies should do something like this. Although I wish that companies would do this at the start of a show, not more than a few episodes into it (wasn't pleased at having to wait a month or so to watch episode 4 of Shikabane Hime after watching 3, but oh well, watched it eventually). I do wonder how many who normally watch fansubs will watch it legally now...probably not many, especially if the quality is poor (haven't checked out the site, or the currently up Naruto episodes, so...).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7