• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Fanroad, Ace Assault, Big Comic 1 Mags End in Japan

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BleuVII

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:12 pm Reply with quote
Good. I bought Ace Assault for it's Xam'd - Lost Memories: Pilgrim's Compass series, but as for all of the other series... I've never seen such a huge waste of talent and paper. This being in Shounen Ace will surround it with more likely companions.

It's always sad to see publications go under, but seriously, the manga industry needs some trimming right now. There's so much crap being published that it's hard to sort through it.
peachsncreamsoda

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:35 pm Reply with quote
29 years is a long time Shocked , what a shame ...
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:50 am Reply with quote
Twenty nine, almost thirty years, that is a long time. Though I've never heard of any of the companies, I do hope the people that were with the company are able to find new jobs.

Now and days, it's increditablity difficult to find original, well done manga. Finding interesting shonen shows isn't as easy as once was years ago. Comedy is even harder to find though, as most the time its either hit or miss.

Slice of Life series are reltively new to me, so there is plenty of those series to chose from.

Times are changing though, so hopefully we'll see better magizines being published.
fighterholic

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:31 am Reply with quote
Shogakukan has been having to do some cuts here and there. They had to end Young Sunday, and now they're ending Big Comic 1. Although I don't think it was that necessary to put it out in the first place, the original Big Comic has had some very good series to read over the years. You're taking somewhat of a chance when going for a spinoff in an industry where anything can happen.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1