• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
This forums first anti-Anime post.

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Tipster

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2002 1:09 am Reply with quote
Anime: There is something hypnotizing about this form of animation. It has even caused seizures in some cases.
The Japanese government; secretly angry at the United States for using nuclear weapons against Japan in World War 2, and hungry for the power and glory of the old Japanese Empire, realizes the potential power of Anime. The Japanese government slowly and covertly takes over all of the Anime companies. It starts marketing Anime to western countries by making the characters caucasian, and adding more westernish plots.
Japans goal: to brainwash all of the children of America and Europe, and eventualy take over the world!
It may seem innocent now, but eventualy, more anti-American, pro-Japanese content will be added to Anime. More and more will be added, until anyone who watches Anime will become a fanatic Japanese sympathizer!
This is not a theory; it is fact. I work for the CIA, I know things like this. Plus, it was in South Park episode #310, the Chinpokomon one, season 3.
Psycho Caterpie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2002 12:09 pm Reply with quote
Ooookay... Don't you seem to be a bit paranoid here? Even if you DO work for the CIA, it sounds a little farfetched tp me.
dudesup

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2002 1:58 pm Reply with quote
bah humbug
Morrolan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2002 4:13 pm Reply with quote
AAAAAAG!!
It tastes like burning! Shocked
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
The Tipster

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2002 5:20 pm Reply with quote
Plus, Anime is just gay and crappy. I don't see how anyone could be drawn to Anime, while there are other, better, American animation shows like South Park and the Simpsons. Confused
garry
Former ANN Editor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2002 5:40 pm Reply with quote
Tipster:

You really need some trolling lessons. I know things can be kind of dead around here, but that's just... sad.

Really, where's J69 when you need him?

Here's to the great debate.
Garry
Psycho Caterpie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2002 5:40 pm Reply with quote
Mad Evil or Very Mad What are you, biased or something?? If this keeps up, this'll be the ONLY anti-anime post!
The Tipster

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2002 7:15 pm Reply with quote
You fascist!
Anime and Osama bin Ladin are both Anti-American. So therefore, if you support Anime, you also suppot Osama bin Ladin! Crying or Very sad
dudesup

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2002 8:26 pm Reply with quote
Shut up ignorant fool. South park is a satire and if there weren't people man enough to make serious stuff south park wouldn't exist. So also eating arab food means supporting osama..... Shut up guy.
dudesup

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2002 8:28 pm Reply with quote
Try using logic and reasoning before speaking.
Morrolan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2002 10:34 pm Reply with quote
Dudes... you do understand that the more you actually respond to this guy, the more he laughs. He's trolling. The whole point is to get a reaction out of people.
Therefor, the only way to replay to one of these threads is something inane like this:

Arrow Have a fishy stick!!! Twisted Evil
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
The Tipster

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2002 10:43 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Therefore, the only way to reply to one of these threads is something insane...

Or, you could just get an administrator to close this topic. That's if this barbaric place even has an administration.
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2002 11:15 pm Reply with quote
I've been watching this thread since the first post, and at first I thought Tipster's posts were sarcastic, self directed Irony.

You can find a similar post I myself posted on the forum for Jackies Fridge, where I went on about how any could actually like something as lame as Anime. Over the course of the converstion I however made it clear that I was been ironic, that I in fact liked Anime very much.

Tipster on the otherhand has managed only to appear as a troll, so this topic is now locked.

Tipster's posting privileges haven't been revoked, I'm hoping that he was trying to be sarcastic and just took it too far.

update: 1:20 am est, Banned
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1