• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Black Lagoon, Hayate's Mell to Sing at Otakon

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zalas

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:55 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
The singer's voice can be heard on the soundtracks of several anime series, such as Black Lagoon, Hayate the Combat Butler, Rideback, Shakugan no Shana, and Sky Girls.

I don't quite remember her doing anything for Shakugan no Shana. I thought the only singers from I've who worked on that were Mami Kawada and KOTOKO...
Egan Loo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:02 am Reply with quote
zalas wrote:
Quote:
The singer's voice can be heard on the soundtracks of several anime series, such as Black Lagoon, Hayate the Combat Butler, Rideback, Shakugan no Shana, and Sky Girls.

I don't quite remember her doing anything for Shakugan no Shana. I thought the only singers from I've who worked on that were Mami Kawada and KOTOKO...

MELL was part of the Love Planet Five unit along with KOTOKO, Mami Kawada, Eiko Shimamiya, and Kaori Utatsuki. Love Planet Five was created specifically to sing the Shakugan no Shana movie's theme song, "Tenjou wo Kakeru Monotachi."
LagannImpact

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:42 am Reply with quote
I may never be able to make an Otaku pilgrimage to Japan, but going to an Otakon or an Anime Expo would probably be the next best thing! Good Lord; EVERYONE'S going to be at BOTH events! Red Fraction rules and Otakon attendees are LUCKY!

The best AWA ever gets is Vic, Travis, and Monica; of course, with all the speculation surrounding FMA:B, not going this year would be folly! Very Happy
Kougeru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:03 am Reply with quote
wish very badly that i could go >.< Mell is the only artist coming to america this yaer (so far) that i care about enough to spend the money to travel cross country
Chrno2

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:28 am Reply with quote
Aw man, another cool concert coming up and I can't go. I'm gonna miss out hearing "I gotta big gun. I took it from the lord."

Didn't know she did more songs. Again I've never many of these shows so I couldn't say I'd recognize her voice. Just 'Red Fraction'. That's it.
zalas

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:23 am Reply with quote
Egan Loo wrote:
zalas wrote:
Quote:

MELL was part of the Love Planet Five unit along with KOTOKO, Mami Kawada, Eiko Shimamiya, and Kaori Utatsuki. Love Planet Five was created specifically to sing the Shakugan no Shana movie's theme song, "Tenjou wo Kakeru Monotachi."

Ah, that's right. Totally forgot about the movie! (Although the movie adaptation was better than the series ><)
SongstressCela

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:13 am Reply with quote
Interesting, but I'd much rather have Kotoko, Lia, or Eiko. Mell is far, FAR from my favorite I've girl. Plus her music is usually just too damn harsh.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime
loka

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:20 pm Reply with quote
zalas wrote:
(Although the movie adaptation was better than the series ><)
Lies!

I'm very happy to hear this news. I like all of her anime songs.
jr240483

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:08 am Reply with quote
zalas wrote:
Quote:

Same here.I've seen the 1st season and i've haven't seen anything like that at all.Just checked the encyclopedia for it and no luck there.Either way, i'd definately liked red fraction.Ashame its so far cause i would really come if i could.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1