• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Adult Swim to Run 1st Bleach Film on September 5

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mario1234567

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:48 am Reply with quote
How about Run a New Show. >_> Geass, Fullmetal, Death Note, Big O and all that other junk is all old and Morbito Fails. There are Hundreds of shows out there, Pick something else for god sakes.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
ninjapet

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:31 am Reply with quote
Maybe showing the movie will be a good idea? I already own the dvd so I don't care really about it being on t.v
Josh7289

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:47 am Reply with quote
Ah, cool. I didn't expect this to happen. Now I can see it, woot.
jr240483

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:53 am Reply with quote
Mario1234567 wrote:
How about Run a New Show. >_> Geass, Fullmetal, Death Note, Big O and all that other junk is all old and Morbito Fails. There are Hundreds of shows out there, Pick something else for god sakes.

I wouldn't say that.Though their old,its still popular enough.Especially fullmetal and Big O.

Also Moribito isn't a failure by a long shot.Sure it takes a while for the action to heat up,it's still one of the most decent fantasy anime series i've seen since Record of Lodoos War and Scrapped Princess.

Either way,i have a felling that AS is running out of new bleach epsiodes which is why their releasing the movie,besides it's still a preety decent movie and it's good for people who are both dub junkies and who are tight on the wallet in this economy and couldn't afford to buy the dvd.

Also this news means that anime on TV is not dead as yet,but to prove it they should listen to the users of their forums and try to get other anime series like funi's One Piece and Naruto Shuppuden on AS.Hopefully this news on the movie's release will mean that those series will be on AS as well.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Revolutionary

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:05 pm Reply with quote
Meh. Naruto Shippuden and One Piece are fine not being on TV.

They both have legal Simulcasts straight from Japan along with streaming online.

Seeing as Bleach's streaming is way behind, I don't want that to happen to One Piece. I have a feeling that Bleach doesn't have a Simulcast solely because it's on TV and they want to show the "new" episodes (which are what, a hundred episodes behind Japan?) on Adult Swim first.

Besides, One Piece and Naruto are not fit for Adult Swim.
game

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:01 pm Reply with quote
Mario1234567 wrote:

it's could be hard to replace fullmetal and death note with something equally as good also NO morbito doesn't fail
jr240483

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:09 pm Reply with quote
Revolutionary wrote:
Meh. Naruto Shippuden and One Piece are fine not being on TV.

They both have legal Simulcasts straight from Japan along with streaming online.

Seeing as Bleach's streaming is way behind, I don't want that to happen to One Piece. I have a feeling that Bleach doesn't have a Simulcast solely because it's on TV and they want to show the "new" episodes (which are what, a hundred episodes behind Japan?) on Adult Swim first.

Besides, One Piece and Naruto are not fit for Adult Swim.

Then i guess you must have not seen the 4kids version of One Piece as yet,otherwise you wouldn't say that.Not to mentioned only the sub version of one piece is online, officialy that is cause it;s dub is unfortunately right now probably one the most ripped and illegaly streamed version on the net(2nd to naruto) in my view

Also i do agree about naruto not being a fit on AS,but that's for the original one.

I'm a dubber at heart and watch subs as a last resort,however when i saw the official sub on Hulu and not those fansubs, Shippuden is kinda too violent for the original CN block.there were barely little editing,(excpet blocking foul language and showing excess blood) on the original during it's toonami run,but it wont be the case if shippuden is on the regular block.

Also it would give credibility to AS if they did showed those series than just having only new epsiodes of bleach every saturday and a lot of people in their fourms wanted it as well so it would be good on all sides if they did got acquired by AS.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
The_Libertarian_Otaku

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:18 pm Reply with quote
Wow, [AS] hasn't aired a movie in, what, three years now?

This isn't any gain for me, though. If I want to watch the first Bleach movie, I've already got the DVD.

Why not get a new show for once, though? I'd name some, but the list would get very, very long.
Kit-Tsukasa

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:28 pm Reply with quote
D. Gray-Man, although bad, would be a show probably worth showing seeing as most people who watch the stuff on AS don't read manga anyways Razz
Darker than Black would be another one, but for this and the above title, Funi would have to comply with Adult Swim, which I doubt will ever happen.

The issue here is Viz, Media Blasters, and Bandai lacking any titles "worth" showing on AS since Funi has been scooping up all the titles like Soul Eater, Shikabane Hime, and Eva 1.0. Speaking of which, they should really show NGE instead of Death Note Razz
Mario1234567

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:38 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Also this news means that anime on TV is not dead as yet,but to prove it they should listen to the users of their forums and try to get other anime series like funi's One Piece and Naruto Shuppuden on AS.Hopefully this news on the movie's release will mean that those series will be on AS as well.

He he Your looking a bit to far into it.

If anything should be on TV its Naruto and One Piece.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
MetatronM

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:02 pm Reply with quote
Kit-Tsukasa wrote:
Speaking of which, they should really show NGE instead of Death Note Razz

Adult Swim lost the rights to Evangelion two or three years ago.
LuckySeven

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:07 pm Reply with quote
Well since I haven't seen this yet, I'm looking forward to seeing it. I will agree that they need to get new shows, but stuff takes time to get done.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime
Revolutionary

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:12 pm Reply with quote
jr0904 wrote:
Then i guess you must have not seen the 4kids version of One Piece as yet,otherwise you wouldn't say that.Not to mentioned only the sub version of one piece is online, officialy that is cause it;s dub is unfortunately right now probably one the most ripped and illegaly streamed version on the net(2nd to naruto) in my view

I'm not quite sure where you were going with this part of the post and I have no idea what part of my post your were responding to.

I HAVE seen the 4Kids dub of One Piece.

And as of recently, the first six episodes of One Piece dubbed by FUNimation are up on the US official One Piece site and FUNimation's video portal.

The first four were up on Hulu before the whole Simulcast leaking occurred, but they aren't back up for some reason.

Quote:
Also i do agree about naruto not being a fit on AS,but that's for the original one.

I'm a dubber at heart and watch subs as a last resort,however when i saw the official sub on Hulu and not those fansubs, Shippuden is kinda too violent for the original CN block.there were barely little editing,(excpet blocking foul language and showing excess blood) on the original during it's toonami run,but it wont be the case if shippuden is on the regular block.

Still Naruto is a kid's show. I know that Bleach is (and a few other anime on AS), too... But still.

Quote:
Also it would give credibility to AS if they did showed those series than just having only new epsiodes of bleach every saturday and a lot of people in their fourms wanted it as well so it would be good on all sides if they did got acquired by AS.

Well I'm no expert, but in trying to figure out why Bleach's legal streaming is so behind here I think it's because of the fact that Adult Swim is airing it.

Trust me, I don't want One Piece to come back to TV only for them to cancel the Simulcast deal and have our furthest streaming stuck back in the Arlong Park arc. (or whatever arc it was before Skypiea. I forget. It's been several years. Anime hyper)

The fact that Adult Swim airs the newest episodes in America (legally) first, gives them more viewers. Like me, if Hulu had all of the way up to where Adult Swim is right now or even further I wouldn't even watch it on Adult Swim.

But again, I'm no expert. Just in trying to figure out why Naruto and Bleach are streamed differently, both being properties of VIZ, the only conclusion I could come up with was Bleach being on TV and Naruto not. It's like either you have up to date streaming, or you have it on TV. And personally, I'd take up to date streaming over a TV deal anyday.
Greed1914

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:40 pm Reply with quote
That's good news, even if I did already see it with Netflix. Although it still boggles my mind that they haven't shown the FMA movie. They still run the show, and it's one of their most popular programs, but the movie never appeared.
doubleO7

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:49 pm Reply with quote
AS will probably air the new Inuyasha series when Viz has finished dubbing it
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3