• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Trigun: Badlands Rumble Film's Teaser Trailer Posted

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mewtwo

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:37 pm Reply with quote
The trailer doesn't stream properly for me. Sheesh.
joystick1101

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:41 pm Reply with quote
omg omg omg omg!!!! Very Happy I soooooooo hope this gets an American release, but wait wasn't Trigun Geneon? so... c'mon FUNImation? who'm I kidding of course funimation, who else.
Julia-the-Great

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:41 pm Reply with quote
Me neither. Anybody post it to YouTube yet? Crying or Very sad
Shadowlord

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:38 pm Reply with quote
If you open the asx file with Notepad, you'll find the following address:
mms://jvc.wmt.biglobe.ne.jp/jvc_wf/trigun/trigun_the_movie_trailer.wmv
Download the file with any good download manager and it'll work fine.
The_Libertarian_Otaku

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:46 pm Reply with quote
About time we got more news on the Trigun movie!

Now, why hasn't the TV series been rescued yet? Come on, FUNi! YOU NEED TO RESCUE THIS SHOW YESTERDAY!
vashfanatic

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:27 pm Reply with quote
I have such mixed feelings about this! Trigun was one of my first series, I think maybe my third or fourth, and Vash was my first silly fangirl crush (hence the name), so obviously the thought of having a movie-quality version of Trigun makes me happy. And yet... the plot to this sounds just like a filler episode rather than really adding anything to the story. I mean, I'm highly likely to buy it should it be licensed because I'm a nut for this series, but at the same time, I dunno, it's sort of odd that they're making this 12 years later.
MetatronM

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:01 pm Reply with quote
vashfanatic wrote:
I have such mixed feelings about this! Trigun was one of my first series, I think maybe my third or fourth, and Vash was my first silly fangirl crush (hence the name), so obviously the thought of having a movie-quality version of Trigun makes me happy. And yet... the plot to this sounds just like a filler episode rather than really adding anything to the story. I mean, I'm highly likely to buy it should it be licensed because I'm a nut for this series, but at the same time, I dunno, it's sort of odd that they're making this 12 years later.
I'm still pretty convinced this is an attempt to resurrect the anime franchise in order to justify a Trigun Maximum anime series.

There's nowhere else to really go with the original anime, and if you're planning on adapting the manga more directly down the road, you wouldn't use its material for a movie either. So the only real option is to go with a new made-up story.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:57 pm Reply with quote
vashfanatic wrote:
And yet... the plot to this sounds just like a filler episode rather than really adding anything to the story.

Why does it need to add anything to the story? The Cowboy Bebop movie was essentially a filler story, too, but it was amazing.

Trigun is already finished. Think of this as a fun supplementary to the TV series.

It certainly looks beautifully done in the trailer. I'm looking forward to it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Niomo

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:24 pm Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:

Trigun is already finished. Think of this as a fun supplementary to the TV series.

They can try, but I find it a bit weird that the characters will not know each other but will most likely be interacting with each other as well...

unless they pull the classic "one character leaves just as the other gets there, so they never see one another"

Trigun was one of the first anime that I finished to completion, so suffice to say, I'm a bit excited. especially about the movie/HD quality Anime hyper
jdnation

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:33 pm Reply with quote
So this will be basing itself on the manga huh? nice!
Youkai Warrior

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:41 pm Reply with quote
I am so excited for this. I hope it gets a U.S. release. As for the TV series, if it gets rescued, I hope it gets rescued soon, because I'm tempted to get the Geneon releases, but if there's a chance for it to be re-released as a collection, well, I kinda want that.
mglittlerobin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:42 pm Reply with quote
I LOVE Trigun, I bought all 6 Trigun Remix volumes on Rightstuf for $10.00 each volume, but I do think the movie's animation looks really SWEET! If they get the English dub cast back I'll be even happier, No one can play Vash except Johnny Bosch!
vashfanatic

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:21 pm Reply with quote
mglittlerobin wrote:
No one can play Vash except Johnny Bosch!

Except, you know, Masaya Onosaka. Seriously, I can't stand JBY in that role.
mglittlerobin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:42 pm Reply with quote
vashfanatic wrote:
mglittlerobin wrote:
No one can play Vash except Johnny Bosch!

Except, you know, Masaya Onosaka. Seriously, I can't stand JBY in that role.

Haven't watched the Japanese, but I think JYB does a better job when he does Vash than when he does Ichigo.
rainbowrabbit

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:43 pm Reply with quote
mglittlerobin wrote:
I LOVE Trigun, I bought all 6 Trigun Remix volumes on Rightstuf for $10.00 each volume, but I do think the movie's animation looks really SWEET! If they get the English dub cast back I'll be even happier, No one can play Vash except Johnny Bosch!

mglittlerobin, would you mind telling me what the Trigun Remix is? What's special about those DVDs? I bought the 8 DVD set back in high school, but I'm curious about this remix.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2