• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 4th ToHeart2 OVA Series Titled, Dated

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
doubleO7

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:38 am Reply with quote
I wish someone would pick up the rest of the ToHeart anime and OVA series. I saw part of the first series, which RightStuf released, and I really liked it. I would buy them in a heartbeat if they were licensed.

Last edited by doubleO7 on Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Redlinks

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:59 am Reply with quote
I agree. To Heart is a great series. It deserves more attention here in America. But does To Heart really need another anime series? I've lost track at how many episodes and seasons there are for this. ^^;
Sailor S

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:31 pm Reply with quote
I think it's trying to stay in competition with Da Capo. Seems when one brings out a new release, the other soon follows suit.
TJR

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:14 pm Reply with quote
Sailor S wrote:
I think it's trying to stay in competition with Da Capo. Seems when one brings out a new release, the other soon follows suit.

That's probably just a coincidence. With To Heart 2, they release an OVA series every year (usually two episodes per run) simply because it sells too well.

For each volume, they manage a consistent 5000 copies each time, which results in another set being greenlit. However, it doesn't seem as if they're interested in launching a full TV sequel.
Cloud668

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:01 pm Reply with quote
I think they are only trying to pair one up with every release of the game. ad with Another Days, adplus with To Heart 2 Portable, and adnext with Another Days Portable. Doing spinoffs and ports is easy profit.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1