• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Evangelion Race Car Team Debuts with Plug Suit Cosplay

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bored_Ming

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 10:57 am Reply with quote
Evangelion Race Team : You Can (Not) Finish?
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 11:08 am Reply with quote
The "car babes" or whatever they're called look cute, but the drivers just look lame in their cosplay.
s.alsa-man1991

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 11:21 am Reply with quote
littlegreenwolf wrote:
The "car babes" or whatever they're called look cute, but the drivers just look lame in their cosplay.

It may be because they have to be able to drive in those suits. It's not supposed to be full-on plug-suit cosplay, it just needs to resemble it. I don't think anyone in their right state of mind would want to race in a latex suit instead of the standard (fire-resistant!) racing attire.
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 11:26 am Reply with quote
Even with an anime theme car still cant make me watch boring racing
Pippin4242

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 11:45 am Reply with quote
I know it's pretty much par for the course, but am I seriously the only one offended by the women being put into super-revealing costumes that only barely resemble Rei's plugsuit? Was skin-tight just not enough?

*~Pips~*
jsyxx

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 11:49 am Reply with quote
Needed more pics of the car babes. xD
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 12:20 pm Reply with quote
Pippin4242 wrote:
I know it's pretty much par for the course, but am I seriously the only one offended by the women being put into super-revealing costumes that only barely resemble Rei's plugsuit? Was skin-tight just not enough?

*~Pips~*
Horses for courses. It's a petrolhead thing. Wink
_V_

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 1:28 pm Reply with quote
indeed
ReiClone88

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 1:42 pm Reply with quote
Focus on the center and pull the switch...
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 1:44 pm Reply with quote
Pippin4242 wrote:

*~Pips~*

Well, unless you're from the Victorian era, what's there to be offended by? I suggest you stay far away from beaches where bathing suits show off way more in terms of skin. That and health books; they have drawings, and sometimes nude photos.

That said, where are pictures of the Mach Go Go Go! car mentioned in the article? More interested in their Speed Racer theme, if they actually go with one.
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 1:59 pm Reply with quote
Now this is one tie-in that I agree with. Plus it is rather appropriate given the sport, unlike the multitudes of other Eva tie-ins.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Pippin4242

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 2:10 pm Reply with quote
littlegreenwolf wrote:
Pippin4242 wrote:

*~Pips~*

Well, unless you're from the Victorian era, what's there to be offended by? I suggest you stay far away from beaches where bathing suits show off way more in terms of skin. That and health books; they have drawings, and sometimes nude photos.

Because it's very misogynistic. I would understand it better if it wasn't actually inaccurate, but they've taken two near-identical costumes and interpreted them as a baggy jumpsuit for the men, and a bra and hotpants for the women.

At the beach, everybody wears whatever they want, and it's not endorsed by any company. That's cool. At a racetrack? Only having women exposed? It's weird, and I don't like it.

*~Pips~*
Enner

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 2:44 pm Reply with quote
Pippin4242 wrote:
littlegreenwolf wrote:

Because it's very misogynistic. I would understand it better if it wasn't actually inaccurate, but they've taken two near-identical costumes and interpreted them as a baggy jumpsuit for the men, and a bra and hotpants for the women.

At the beach, everybody wears whatever they want, and it's not endorsed by any company. That's cool. At a racetrack? Only having women exposed? It's weird, and I don't like it.

*~Pips~*

That, or it's perverted. There's all these men around fast and powerful machines in a competitive environment. I'm sure that a lot of them would like to look at pretty women, preferably in revealing race queen attire.
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 3:28 pm Reply with quote
I assume the Angels compete in the GT500 category. Have those yellow flags at the ready, race marshals!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
machetecat

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 4:56 pm Reply with quote
Pippin4242 wrote:
littlegreenwolf wrote:
Pippin4242 wrote:

*~Pips~*

*~Pips~*
Welcome to the world of Sports Racing. It's a guy's sport, (and I'm not saying that only guys watch it, I'm saying they're the main demographic for the sport on TV) so of course they're gonna get the sexy girls for models and put them in sexy outfits.

Is there an international racing event? If so, I hope these guys make it that far, so I can tease my dad about this the whole race. Maybe even throw in stuff about the show to drive him nuts. Anime hyper
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2