• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: California's FanimeCon to Host J-Rock Band FLOW

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kyogissun

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 11:09 pm Reply with quote
And this is why living on the east coast BLOWS.

*sigh*
FMAvatard

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 11:12 pm Reply with quote
Kyogissun wrote:

*sigh*

Agreed utterly and completely. I would KILL to see these guys live. Anime cry

"Jibun WOOOOO~"
Kyogissun

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 11:17 pm Reply with quote
FMAvatard wrote:
Kyogissun wrote:

*sigh*

Agreed utterly and completely. I would KILL to see these guys live. Anime cry

"Jibun WOOOOO~"

The best Eureka Seven OP and two of the four Code Geass OP's...

Three songs I would...

Ugh...

UGGGGGGHHHHHHH.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

...God I... I need to go do something. I'm genuinely angry about this. I think I need to go play a first person shooter or something. I just... I really need to vent somewhere.
mewtwo

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 12:07 am Reply with quote
Tsuioku no hibi ga terasu ima woooooo~

*sigh*
Splitter

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 12:43 am Reply with quote
FLOW AND LM.C?!

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF- Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
frentymon
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 12:55 am Reply with quote
Hmm, this is pretty exciting news. Can't say I'm a gigantic fan of FLOW, but I've heard their music in Code Geass, Naruto, and Eureka 7, and they definitely put out good stuff. I've also heard that they're pretty good live, and tickets are free, so I'll definitely go check them out.

Kyogissun wrote:

*sigh*

Hey, don't complain, Otakon gets Home Made Kazoku.
Splitter

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 1:01 am Reply with quote
frentymon wrote:

Kyogissun wrote:

*sigh*

Agreed. The only ones who really have the right to complain are the midwesterners. We get jacksquat.
marth17

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 1:28 am Reply with quote
OMG Can't wait! This year is gonna be amazing Very Happy
Kyogissun

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 1:47 am Reply with quote
frentymon wrote:
Hmm, this is pretty exciting news. Can't say I'm a gigantic fan of FLOW, but I've heard their music in Code Geass, Naruto, and Eureka 7, and they definitely put out good stuff. I've also heard that they're pretty good live, and tickets are free, so I'll definitely go check them out.

Kyogissun wrote:

*sigh*

Hehe, I see I've been followed... Or was that just a lucky guess?

Still FLOW > Home Made Kazoku. It's not to say that I don't appreciate a guest like them, I do enjoy the OP they did for Eureka Seven and the ED for Bleach but aside from that, I'm a MUCH MUCH MUCH bigger FLOW fan.

So yeah... I'm gonna complain. I still get to see a pretty good group, but...

Ah well, I have a feeling there's still are Otakon announcements left to come, what with only 5 guests announced so far and only 2 being american VA's. I'm hoping for a superbly awesome guest akin to Crispin Freeman being there...

*still crossing his fingers very hard to see Yuri Lowenthal announced as a guest*
H0shi

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 1:59 am Reply with quote
Wish they can visit my country.... *sigh*
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
matthewlow

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 2:40 am Reply with quote
Pretty awesome. Guess I'll actually go to a concert at Fanime this year. Hopefully it doesn't conflict with the swap meet.
Amethyst Alchemist
Former ANN Editor

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 3:41 am Reply with quote
I'm endlessly jealous! They are seriously my favorite band, and I'm shocked they're coming stateside. I'd kill to be able to see them. Especially, World End gets me every time I hear it.

And I didn't realize Home Made Kazoku was coming too. I love them too. Have to admit *~Asterisk is a darn cool song.

Anybody got some plane tickets for me?
Kyogissun

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 4:14 am Reply with quote
Amethyst Alchemist wrote:
I'm endlessly jealous! They are seriously my favorite band, and I'm shocked they're coming stateside. I'd kill to be able to see them. Especially, World End gets me every time I hear it.

And I didn't realize Home Made Kazoku was coming too. I love them too. Have to admit *~Asterisk is a darn cool song.

Orange Range is behind Asterisk, Home Made Kazoku did Shounen Heart (Eureka Seven OP2) and Thank You!! (Bleach ED2).

Home Made Kazoku's gonna be at Otakon so it is a pleasant substitute. FLOW or HMK, they both play 'really' lively, upbeat and good music.

I especially love the beat for Home Made Kazoku's songs. Shounen Heart's just got that 'thumping' sensation that when you hear it, you can't help but rock your head or some other part on your body to the beat.

But FLOW... They just play some damn good loud and exciting rock music. World's End in particular is ****ing amazing...

However, they also have the capability to have a really mix of a good beat and lyrics, Days is particularly the best example of that.

Weirdly enough, as much as I love me some JIBUUUUNNNNN WOOOOO~ Colors is probably the third favorite. It's a good song but not as strong as the others.

However, the line of lyrics "Tozashita mado wo hiraku koto wo kimeta" is a strangely the most powerful part of the song. Maybe it's the way the lyrics and the instruments are blending together at that point, but I feel this strangely euphoric sensation everytime I hear it.

The same can be said about World's End, it's just a 'get pumped up' kind of song. There's so much 'power' in the tone of the song that it's almost energizing, the same way that Orange Range's Asterisk is.

...Forgive me, I've rambled. And I'm in a much better mood. Those going to FanimeCon, I hope you enjoy it. You got an awesome band for your convention.

And anyone who doesn't go to the concert and is attending the convention and browses here?

Yeah, you're all dead to me. XP
Amethyst Alchemist
Former ANN Editor

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 8:41 am Reply with quote
Kyogissun wrote:
Amethyst Alchemist wrote:

Orange Range is behind Asterisk, Home Made Kazoku did Shounen Heart (Eureka Seven OP2) and Thank You!! (Bleach ED2).

Oops. Embarassed Some fan I am. I was wondering if I had something wrong there. I do like both Orange Range and Home Made 家族. For the latter, I have to say Thank You!! is one of my favorites. And I definitely agree with the other points you were making in your post too.
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 8:45 am Reply with quote
matthewlow wrote:
Pretty awesome. Guess I'll actually go to a concert at Fanime this year. Hopefully it doesn't conflict with the swap meet.

Don't worry, swap meet is Thursday/Friday and MusicFest will be over the weekend, I forget which day. But no, they will not conflict.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2