• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Shiki Horror TV Anime's Commercial Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JuicyB

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:14 am Reply with quote
Well whadda ya know, an anime about vampires that actually looks good for a change. Too bad there's no naked little girls in the video or I'm sure funi would be all over it.
egoist

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:26 am Reply with quote
Indeed. The vampires from Vampire Bund turned out to be "noble creatures" and not monsters (like everything else about vampires coming out lately). But this one, for a change, seems to be going for the monstrous nature of vampires, and I appreciate that. It's horror, and from the original creator of Ghost Hunt, so I can expect a at least a few scary scenes. The director seems to be really experienced, but mostly with children stuff, so I don't know if it was a good choice. The best thing is that it's 22 episodes; not the usual 12-13 stories like these get.
CCZilla

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:16 am Reply with quote
Loved the last shot in the trailer. Judging from this trailer, it'll probably be a title that I might check out...but it won't be top-priority.
gorbal

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:53 am Reply with quote
Some of the character design bugs me; doesn't seem to fit. But "Ghost HUnt" and "12 Kingdoms" were facinating and involving stories so I will definitely check it out.
garfield15

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:26 am Reply with quote
Yeah, I was already sold on this when I heard Gackt would be in it. Cool
Proximately

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:47 am Reply with quote
Sounds good to me. A vampire movie where the vampires act a bit more like beasts suit me well.
LKK

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:26 am Reply with quote
I didn't appreciate the article spoiling me as to the nature of the menace in the mysterious town. Up until now, everyone discussing the series elsewhere has been considerate about not spoiling such information. Mad
Peroxid

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:54 am Reply with quote
looks good.

I've read a dozen of chapters of the manga but than stopped when I knew it was going to be adapted into anime. The story is not your usual vampire story, but more mature.
RestLessone

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:29 am Reply with quote
So this is the one with Gackt?

I'm actually pretty interested. Nice to see vampires act destructive. I'll check it out. Being that I like Gackt's music and his performance in Crisis Core, it makes me happy to see him have a role in a series that looks well-done.
vashfanatic

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:34 pm Reply with quote
Am I the only one not seeing the 15-second commercial spot? All I see is the 1:24 trailer.

This looks to have the potential to be really scary... or really generic. Hopefully, given the author involved and that it's airing in the Noitamina slot, it will be the former. I'm not really loving the character designs, though.
uicno

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:50 pm Reply with quote
the story seems to be similar to that of Ookami Kakushi...this anime looks better yet I'll probably be way too scared to watch it...
Takeyo

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:26 pm Reply with quote
LKK wrote:
I didn't appreciate the article spoiling me as to the nature of the menace in the mysterious town. Up until now, everyone discussing the series elsewhere has been considerate about not spoiling such information. Mad

This isn't new. All of ANN's coverage of Shiki has included this tidbit, even the encyclopedia page. Hopefully, the reveal will occur fairly early in the show rather than being the final, "OMG!" moment.
Mistypearl

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:28 pm Reply with quote
[quote="Takeyo"]
LKK wrote:
Hopefully, the reveal will occur fairly early in the show rather than being the final, "OMG!" moment.

I checked out the manga after watching this and they actually take a long time to finally discover or think any vampire related. Though on the previous comment about spoilers, I don't know how else you would describe the show without mentioning vampires because "mysterious happenings cause by a mysterious attacker" is a bit vague and doesn't really fully explain the show so I kind of understand the spoiler. Though even knowing the cause of the deaths was by vampires, it was still awesome spoiler[ discovering in the manga version that the previously unnoticed mosquito bites on the victims were actually vampire bites. ] Anyway I loved Ghost Hunt so I will be looking forward to Shiki Smile
vashfanatic

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:50 pm Reply with quote
Plus, the characters in "Shiki" 屍鬼 mean something like "corpse monster" or "corpse demon." It wouldn't take a genius to figure out what that might mean...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1