• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Your Top 10 / Worst 5 things. Why? (w/ index).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Agito∞

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:28 pm Reply with quote
This is hard since it's kinda hard to list, but here we go!

Favorites:

10. Azumanga Daioh

For one thing, is this Slice of Life on awesomeness. I love the humor and ow Normal life can be so entertaining. Sure there is Lucky Star, but Azumanga Daioh tops it 105%!
9. Space Runaway Ideon

Now I haven't this series but judging by the clips I've seen it basically tells you in a nutshell. And I love my tragic anime and this being the most tragic. A kid gets his head blown off. Messed up or what?~

8. Captain Harlock

I don't have to say anything about this series epicness. Only 2 words. Space Pirates. But stay away from Herlock, that's a boring as hell OVA.

7. NadesicoNadesico: Prince of Darkness
/Macross
Amazing Visuals, EXCELLENT writing and voice acting. But you have to know what happened in the game and series to know what the hell is going on... And Nadesico is basic like Macross in a sense from my point of view so it's tied, because Macross had to have a place here being a Sci-Fi anime Classic.

6. Karas
A latest masterpiece by Tatsunoko. The plot is engaging and has a mixture between Sci-Fi and Asian elements. Expect Top-Notch Visuals, Great Voice acting and perfect 3D Animation.

5. Cowboy Bebop
Ah, goodness al la Noir. Cowboy Bebop just had to be on here. I like how we get into the characters very well and the overall plot is quite a hook-up too. I really now the visuals and the action scenes in performance. And we all know how awesome Spike is. BANG.

4. Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

Basically it's a hotblooded, over the top anime series that is good for everyone! No messed up cast and whatnots! Sure GaoGaiGar is more hotblooded but I liked Gurren Lagann better for it's excellent writing, plot, cast, visuals and Overall feel and had no easy to find monster of the week format. Definitely the best series of the 2000s and more hotblooded than ever!

3. Mobile Fighter G Gundam

As you can see, I like Gundam. And this is my favorite Gundam series other than the U.C. Timeline in which I will get into next. Basically it's the 90's Gurren Lagann featuring Hot-Blooded Characters more Badassery than ever and many memorable lines. Plus it has that comedic feel with all of the stereotypes, but that's what makes G Gundam so Good!
GOD FINGA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Mobile Suit Gundam/Zeta/ZZ/CC/0080/0083/F91/V/08th/UC
It's hard to pick one series alone but I'd go with either Zeta, 08th or 0079. The Universal Century Timeline is the first Real Robot Timeline and very expansive and interesting. Spanning many mangas, novels and 4 series, 2 Movies and 4 OVAs, you know it's something to look at. Plus there is many Mobile Suits to see and a great cast that is memorable and enjoy about. And Char Aznable is the best Anime Villian ever, IMO.

1. Neon Genesis Evangelion
It's basically Mindfuck with Mechas, what else could you ask for? Sure the cast can be unlikable but that is the point, your not supposed to like the cast as the story progresses they learn their faults and begin to suffer from it. This basically kinda started the Hybrid Robot designs (Dubine started it, actually.) and the mech designs are ones you would never had seen before in this time. The character designs are incredible and well done. It takes a good mind to figure out what the hell is going on and that's what is so fun about the series. And with an amazing orchestral score it's bound to catch your interests. Overall it's a series everyone should give a shot. Just try go through the whole series, you can't enjoy it with watch the whole series. And that's why This is, IMO my most favorite Anime Series.

Now my least favorites...ugh. In no order whatsoever:

I expect the fanboys and fangirls to get all pissy and whine at me.

1. Naruto

What can I say? Even when it first came out I didn't like it. I did like the first few volumes, then it became, boring, long, mundane and had as much fillers as Pokemon did. But at least it isn't as bad as other series I have seen. And when Shippuden came, it got worse. [sarcasm]I never seen such an original plot.[/sarcasm]

2. Bleach

Take Yu Yu Hakusho, Rape it multiple times with complete beating, have a big as hell underdeveloped cast, retarded concept, more fillers than Pokemon and a boy with damaged teeth, Some Shonen Elements, ever single stereotype known to man and Oxiclean and you get this piece of shit. It's an overrated unenjoyable fillerfest with more originality than First Person Shooters. It's that bad. I have seen it and I hated the art style and it was boring as hell and overuses Big Breasts for no reason at all. I don't like Bleach and I doubt I will judging by where it is going to.

3. Gundam Seed

It's a Soap Opera with Gundams. Yippie.

4. Gundam Seed Destiny

It's a Low-Budget Christian Soap Opera with Gundams by Stephanie Meyer. Yippie.

5. Makai Senki Disgaea

As accurate as a blind man firing an arrow at a small target. Watch the anime and play the game. The game is 5 times better than this shit. I mean they got it all wrong! The voice acting is semi decent but this brutally raped plot just killed it. Besides the only 2 good series Geneon has licensed/made was Trigun and Fafner.

6. Anything Shoujo

I'm a guy. A GUY. Do you really expect me to like anime series dedicated to girls? It has too much goddamn Bishonen and Yaoi....

Good Lord. >.<

And there you go, folks.

Last edited by Agito∞ on Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
war_ripper03

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:33 pm Reply with quote
MY TOP 5 FAVORITE ANIME

1. GUNDAM SEED DESTINY

Arrow It was COOL! I really LOVE Gundams...Everything was very nice...specially the Characters (namely; kira yamato...lacus clyne...athrun zala...cagalli yula attha...shinn asuka...stellar...)

2. GUNDAM SEED

Arrow Just like GSD...its one of my favorite Anime...the story was so great...

3. TORA DORA

Arrow I love it...Taiga Aisaka was the Best..!

4. CODE GEASS

Arrow For me...it was very good...even the spoiler[main character dies in the end (Le Loush Britania)]...it just okey...one of the best tragic ending...

5. FRUITS BASKET

Arrow I love it too...

TOP 5 WORST ANIME

1. VOLTES V

Arrow I hate it!!!Super..!

2. MAKIBAO

Arrow I dont like his *toot*...its quite disturbing..!

3. DRAGONBALL Z

Arrow I just dont like it...thats it...

4. DORAEMON

Arrow I don't know why...But in some cases I just cant really understand why I hated this Anime...

5. Hunter x Hunter

Arrow Duh!!! The story was cut!!!

[Mod Edit: Please tag spoilers in the future, thanks. - Keonyn]
Wrathful

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:09 am Reply with quote
I guess it's for me to do the list as well now I watched fair amount of animes. And I like to separate the list from movie to the series.

Movie

1. Samurai X - Although I've never voiced it, I like history a lot. Combining the great story and a badass main character, you have a best anime movie I've ever watched. I watched in Japanese version I guess because it's authentic. I think this movie has one of the most tragic ending.

2. Princess Mononoke - Leave it to Ghibli animation for heartwarming anime movie. They are equal counterpart to Pixar. Great character, great story and action. Nice all around.

3. Memories - Back when I watched it, I've got to confess I wanted nothing to do with animes or Japan stuff. I watched FMA without realsing it was an anime. Anyways after watching it, I was expecting all mecha and flashy action scene, I've got more than I expected. Quirky humour and philosophical stories were what I got.

4. Grave of the Fireflies - It's a quintessential movie to be seen. No more words need to be said.

5. Kiki's Delivery Service - That was one of the first Ghibli animation I've seen. It was a long time ago, I don't remember the plot but I remember being mesmerised by the movie.

Series

1. Haibane Ranmei - It's a series that has everything I ask for. Nice story, characters and acting are all flawless for me. One thing I didn't like was how short it was but the ending was perfect.

2. Berserk - This has been my all time favourite despite the pisspoor ending, it makes up for it with the excellent characterisation and bloody action. Like others said, the villain is far from cliche. It was very interesting to see what the characters were thinking inside.

3. Texhnolyze - As strange as it is, I can only watch it when I'm in a certain mood. This anime is to me the most atmospheric series I've ever seen. The environment is dreary, dark and oppressing, it's very immersive and engaging series. This anime gives me somewhat depressing and gloomy feeling.

4. Minami-Ke - Nowadays I find it hard to see truly funny anime that's consistent except this one. All the characters are quirky and the interactions are humorous. And I love the serious expression these characters display cue from Bible Black (which I don't know about). Hard to see why this has yet to be licensed.

5. Great Teacher Onizuka - This anime is like Roller Coaster Ride. It is set in very realistic school environment and Onizuka is a very colourful character. The ending was also disappointing as well as the show loses a bit of a steam in the end.

6. Azumanga Daioh - Simplicity at its best. Osaka made it better.
Soundmonkey44

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:09 pm Reply with quote
My Top 10 Anime are

#10: Dr. Slump: I love this series, think its rediculious we can get the manga in the U.S., but not the Anime..I mean its by toriyama for petes sake..c'mon somebody bring one of the Series or movies to the U.S. already!

#9: Soul Eater: I think this is one of the best Modern Shonen Anime/Manga series. Great Art-style and intersting Characters & Story always keep me coming back for more.

#8: Fist of the North Star: I would be out of my mind not to have this on here somewhere..its over the top violence in action makes it one of the best older anime series in my book. Not to mention Kenshiro is pretty cool.

#7: Lupin III (TV & MOVIES): Funny, action packed, and just a pure Delight to watch

#6: Black Lagoon: Whats not to love, its like an anime version of a U.S. action flick.

#5 Claymore: One of my favorite Modern anime & manga series: a franchise with a mostly all female cast that actually treats them like People..instead of Sex objects.. GENIUS!!!

#4 The Studio Ghibli Films: OK this is probably cheating, but hey, I love their movies

#3 Dragonball: Its just really Fun to watch, and has alot better pacing then DBZ.

#2 Tenchi: OVA, Universe, Tokyo, Doesn't matter. The Tenchi Franchise is one of my Favorites, becuse its a perfect balance of Action, Comedy, Romance, Sci-fi,etc.

#1: Case Closed: I love this series, the stories the characters, the art-style, I find it all very Pleasing & Entertaining! (I wish Funi would show it more Love!)
[/b]
gSebastian

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:06 am Reply with quote
[EDIT: Don't one-line. Put reasons. -TK]
egoist

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:56 pm Reply with quote
Agito∞ wrote:
6. Anything Shoujo

I'm a guy. A GUY. Do you really expect me to like anime series dedicated to girls? It has too much goddamn Bishonen and Yaoi....

Good Lord. >.<

No, it doesn't. Bishonen and Yaoi is another kind of anime. Shojo is more like romantic comedies such as Skip Beat! (which is pretty open to men, if you ask me), or the more girly type, like Shugo Chara. Shojo is a pretty wide genre, pretty much like shonen (aka its female counterpart). I've seen lots of girls who enjoy shonen, and lots of men who enjoy shojo (I'm one of them).
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:11 pm Reply with quote
Don't worry egoist, I'm sure once he's about 18-20 years old, he'll realize how silly and wrong that comment is. Or once he realizes about half of the really good anime/manga out there is shoujo. Whichever comes first.

I've actually considered doing a top 10 list recently since I'm pretty sure Kodocha (a shoujo anime btw) just mixed up the pot. I don't know, I just feel like that after a certain point, you don't really need a list. All you really "need" is a favorite that you can tell people when they ask you. Do I know what my #1 favorite is? Last year I would've said Kanon in a heartbeat, nowadays, I'm not sure. Is it still Kanon? Is it Deathnote? School Rumble? Slayers? Something I haven't seen yet like Gankutsuo? Who knows, because I sure as hell don't.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
egoist

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:48 pm Reply with quote
While my #0 and #1 are definite for at least a few years to come (since the franchise is still ongoing), I wouldn't be so sure about the others. So, I have to agree with this:
Quote:
I don't know, I just feel like that after a certain point, you don't really need a list.

I don't feel the need to categorize my favorite list (and the difference between my #0 and #1 isn't exactly numeric; I might explain it in the future, if I do a top10-20).
So, right now I'd do a list for fun. I doubt it's accurate and stable, but heck, what's stable nowadays. You can expect my new top list within the next 3 months. Doubt there's anything to look forward to though. Razz

It will be pretty hard, though. I'll be weighting stuff I've watched up to 5 times, like Code Geass, and GTO, against newest ones, like Higurashi (which definitely is part of my top5).

Last edited by egoist on Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Renton_Thurston

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:14 am Reply with quote
This is my top ten anime in no order, well alphabetically, but you know what I mean:

Baccano! - I started this series thinking an anime about the mafia would be cool. When I had watched for a bit and found out it had a ton a great characters, comedy, weird romances, horror, a fantastic English dub, and immortality all on a train called The Flying Pussyfoot I was hooked.

Berserk – I love Berserk for Guts, he is a badass that has only knowledge of the battlefield. He is the “Black Swordsman” and the “100 Man Slayer.” Oh, and did I mention he carries around a giant sword that he uses to cut people in half, cause yea he does that a lot.

Death Note – If a book fell from the sky and had the power to kill people by writing their name in it, would you be interested? No? How bout we add in two geniuses. One picks up the death note and makes it his goal to rid the world of criminals, and the other is the best detective in the world and has been assigned to find the person who is causing the deaths of all these criminals. You should be interested now.

Durarara!! – Just like Baccano! This series has a lot of characters, but just like Baccano! It is easy to love them all. In a city with a gang war going on, there is also a headless motorcyclist, a demented information broker, an unbelievably strong man, an equally strong man that just wants you to buy some of his sushi, and three high school students. I really like it when an anime surprises me, and this one sure did.

Eureka Seven – I don’t want to give away too much because figuring things out is one of the best parts of the show. The concept of this may seem simple. Boy meets girl, boy falls in love with girl, but it is so much more than that. This boy, Renton, met the girl, Eureka, because she came crashing down in a giant robot that was surfing through the sky. He ends up going with her and joins Gekkostate, a group that loves riding trappers and fights the military in their giant robots. There is so much more to this show than I can describe here, but I can tell you that is definitely worth watching.

Eyeshield 21 – YA-HA! Kill them all! If I heard that from my teammate that can always find a machine gun to shoot into the air, I would probably run as far away from him as I could. In this over the top football anime the Deimon Devil Bats are led by a teammate like that, Yoichi Hiruma. The story begins when Hiruma discovers some new talent for his small football team, Sena. Sena is reluctant to join, but is kinda forced into it under the name of Eyeshield 21, the title given to the fastest high school running back. The team grows with very interesting characters all with the dream of making it to the Christmas Bowl.

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood – Ed is a state alchemist that travels with his younger brother, Al, who is a living suit of armor. They are on a mission to Ed’s arm and leg back and Al’s whole body back. The lost Al’s body and Ed’s arm and leg when attempting human transmutation to bring their mother back. I can’t say if this show is better than the original anime because I never watched all of the original, just a few random episodes on adult swim.

Gurren Lagann - "Who the hell do you think I am?!" If I had to guess I would say that you are Kamina, a man who started a revolution by stealing a giant robot to fight other giant robot, and always believed in his Bro, Simon. This series is all about way over the top action. I think you could define over the top by saying Gurren Lagann, and I love it.

Hellsing Ultimate – My reason for loving this show is similar to why I love Berserk. Like Guts, Alucard is a badass. He is a vampire that can cause a lot of blood to flow. I like this better than the original anime because I tend to like shows that follow the manga, and who doesn’t want to see some Nazi Vampires.

Neon Genesis Evangelion – Shinji Ikari goes to see his father, who he hasn’t seen in years, only to find out that the only reason he is there is pilot an Eva, a badass giant robot. Since Shinji “mustn’t run away” he does what he is told and gets pilots the Eva Unit 01 and fights giant monsters called Angels. But if you watch this anime you will find that there is a lot more going on than a simple robot vs. monster battle.

Some of my other favorites that didn't make the top ten:
Claymore
Code Geass
Kenichi: The Mightiest Disciple
Ouran High School Host Club
Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom
Suzuka
Trigun

I have two shows that I watched all of and did not like:

Tokyo Majin - I didn't like the last half of the series, felt rushed and had a terrible ending.

Vampire Knight - I just got bored while watching this show, there wasn't much going on. I won't be watching the second season.
kMark

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:35 pm Reply with quote
My Top 10 Favorite:

#1:Death Note
At first I thought, "A book that can kill people? Lame." But once I watched the second episode, I became an addict. I watched Death Note in about 1 1/2 days because it was that suspenseful. A battle of the wits, sounds interesting? Tsugumi Ohba, the writer of death note, did a fantastic job with the plot. This is a must watch.

#2:Samurai Champloo
I have always loved anything to do with samurai. Samurai Champloo has very unique characters. Mugen and Gin are amazing samurai Wink and you will think twice before messing with them.

#3:Cowboy Bebop
I don't even know where to start with this. Cowboy Bebop is just unique. Everything from the music, characters, and the plot. I'm not a very big fan of theme songs but Cowboy Bebop has a very cool jazz-style theme song.

#4:Naruto Shippuden
Every since I was a little kid I have wanted to be a ninja. It was like love at first sight. There are a lot of great fights that will keep you hooked. Many interesting characters and very cool jutsus Smile.

#5:School Rumble
Amazing. At first I was a little skeptical about school life anime, but after watching the first few episodes it really pulled me in. A mixture between comedy and romance in an anime was really great. I have almost died of laughter watching this show.

#6:Fooly Cooly
Fooly Cooly was the first anime that I've ever seen knowing that it was actually anime. One could say it really introduced me into the world of anime. This show was just so strange that I loved it.

#7:Gundam 00
I grew up watching gundam and I have always dreamed about piloting one. Out of all the existing gumdan series out there, Gundam 00 has to be my favorite. It was similar to Gundam Wing but the gundams in 00 don't seem invincible like they did in wing.

#8:History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi
I have always had a strong love for martial arts and this show really grabbed my attention. Watching Kenichi get stronger through the show and defeating his enemies with the martial arts he learned was great. The dojo masters were unique and I loved them.

#9:Bleach
Oh boy, when I first began to watch this I was insanely addicted. Everything about it was unique. I mean, who doesn't think shinigami's with swords that have special powers? What really brought Bleach this far down my list is the ridiculous fillers. I personally don't mind watching fillers but Bleach goes overboard. I mean they even stop mid-way through the story and throw a filler in. They could at least wait for that part of the story to finish and then add the filler in afterwards so everything isnt like "omgwtf?".

#10:Air Gear
Air gear was one of the first anime shows I've ever seen and really encouraged me into watching anime. I loved everything about air gear. Everything from the rollerblading, unique music, characters, and story was great. The only problem I have with it is that it was canceled.

#11:Kateikyoushi HitmanI just had to add this here. I love the whole idea about a mafia. The first 10 or so episodes are pretty dull but once you get past that stretch it gets good. Reborn

Top 5 Least Favorite Anime:

#1:.hack//SIGN
I was really disappointed in this show. I thought there would have been more action which is what kept me watching it. The story wasn't very great and it wasn't very entertaining to me.

#2:Soul Eater
I had heard a lot of good things about this show from friends, but after watching it I didn't enjoy it at all. The storyline was ok and what was with their names? "Death the kid?" lol?

#3:Dragon Ball GT
I loved Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z while I was growing up, but I felt GT was going a little too far. I personally think they should have stopped after DBZ.

#4:Shaman King
After watching this, I realized I wasted a lot of my precious time. It seemed too childish for me.

#5:Tengen Toppa Guren LagannDon't get me wrong, this was an amazing show. Although I have not finished it yet, I do plan on doing so. spoiler[When I got to the part when Kamina died, I just flipped out. He was my favorite character and seeing him die really upset me.] It totally changed the atmosphere of the show for me. Although he may have come back but because I haven't finished it, I don't know.
tsubasachan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:02 am Reply with quote
Tsubasa's Best, in no particular order:

>Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood -- 'Nuff said.
>Hellsing Ultimate: vampires never got better than this. The characters are deep, the plot is great though sometimes cliche and i love the Bram Stoker references, the animation is incredible. And it has Alucard. Twisted Evil
Byosoku 5 centimeters This anime made me cry. A true insight into the realities of life; you might not end up with the person you were meant to be with. If nothing else I love it for the animation. I've never seen anything like it...
> Cowboy Bebop
>Princess Mononoke
Gun Grave Easily the best anime series yet. I found myself wondering which character plays Brandon... and realised that it's an anime.
>Samurai Champloo
>Gintama: Amazing series, and i don't know why more people don't watch it. It's parodied just about every series possible. It's hilariously funny, unbelievably random, but the characters have so much depth, and when it goes into a serious arc it tops all shonen anime EVER. Yes.

Tsubasa's Worst:
Pokemon
Twelve Kingdoms It bored me very much...
Saiunkoku Monogatari
07 GHOST
Slade-X

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:46 am Reply with quote
Best Animes

10.School Days-Ecchi Love story
Its a story of a boy namd Makoto falls in love wth a grl.One of his classmates will agree to set up their relation and she helps him.But in return she kisses him and he loses his love intrest in the girlfriend and goes after classmates.Then he becomes a polyamorous boy.

9.Bleach-its a gud anime.
Its a anime which is concepted on Soul Reapers who protects souls frm devils.Devils target high spirited people a Tenager called Ichigo is targhted and a Soul Reaper cums to rescue Ichigio.Here Devil defeats Rukia but to rescue Rukia Ichigo some how steals sum power of Rukia and becums a soul Reaper.Story goes on with sum exicting events.Most characters are well characterized.But Ichigo is like a God.
=Still Airing

8.Gundam 00-Gud anime
A gundam series but it has a gud story line.
=Completed Series

7.Initial D-Racing type
A teenager namd Takumi is a realy wierd charcter but one day for his frndz he enters a street racing contest and beats one of the pros. New Spreads and cum people cum to chalenge him.Races are really gud.
But the animation is litle dull. =Completed Series

6.School Rumble-Funny School Anime
I realy enjyd watchn each and every episode of ths anime.
Harima is a punk but he falls in love wth a grl calld Tenma.He tries to confess to her but many obstacles arrive in between thm.Its a hilarious anime. =Completed Series

5.Full Metal Panic Series-Super anime
Sousuke Sagara a agent of mercenary group Mithril goes on certain misions.First mision to protect a girl.There are realy funny moments and gud Figthing moments too. =Completed Series

4.Hajime No Ippo-Boxing related anime
-Its a anime whch will gve u goosebumps.A boy named Ippo Makunochi will be bullied all the time.But one day a Man comes to aid him in trouble and asks him if he wants to join Boxing .With super hard work he becums a good Boxer. =Completed Series

3.Naruto& Naruto Shipuden-Good Charachter Line Up.
-Its a well characterized anime not only the Hero but all others are given Importance in ths Anime.But its too Long.
Naruto =Completed Series
Naruto Shipuden =Still Airing

2.Death Note-Well Executed anime.
-Its a story of a boy Light Yagami who gets a Death Note which can be used to write anyone name he will Die.He uses this book to get rid of all Criminals in the World =Completed Series

1.Code Geass-Bible of Animes. Awesome Story Line.
-Its a story of a Boy named Lelouch who gets a Special Eye which can be used to make others agree on any Wish of His.He takes Revenge on the people who kills his Mother and who captures Japan. =Completed Series

Worst Animes Ever:-
1.D Gray Man
-this is a dum anime wth nothn intrestng to watch.The story is like a boy namd Allen Walker a Exorcist of an organization.His aim to kill Earl Of Millennium and his army of Akumas.Most misions are dum also this hero is a Douche bag from beginning to end.
=Completed Series

2.Air Gear-Its a anime related to Roller Skating where a boy named Ikki who is a orphan and is being taken care by 4 Sisters.These girls were once a pro team in Storm Riding.Ikki finds a pair of Ats hiden in room he uses this to get to a chalenge he wins it.His aim to become Storm King.Hero of the anime is God in the 1st episode itself.I watched ths anime only bcoz there are sum gud Nude seens of the sisters. Very Happy =Completed Series

3.Darker than Black-I didn't cumplete this anime bcoz I cpouldnt bare to wtch the nxt episode.....So I dnt knw the story line...

By
Slade-X †
Kipcha

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:06 pm Reply with quote
Top 10 Best Anime
10. Spice and Wolf – It is rare to find a series this dialogue and character driven. There are points where this series feels a little slow, but overall, this is certainly a must watch. Just be aware, this isn’t a “Let’s see how many action scenes we can fit in!” sort of series. It has a nice, laid back feel to it.

9. Cardcaptor Sakura – This was a genre changer, after all. Along with Sailor Moon, this series has become the face for the Magical Girl series and for good reason. Cutesy and overall diabetes inducing, one just cannot help but love it.

8. Code Geass – I am counting this as a series whole. Sure, it is riddled with plot holes and many people find it overdramatic, but it is rare for me to enjoy a mecha series this much. It is exciting and always leaving me wanting for more. I adore the way the characters are developed, and overall find this an enjoyable, entertaining series.

7. Black Lagoon – This was a series that was recommended to me, and I’ll admit, I was hesitant to give it a try. From what I had seen, it didn’t really look like my kind of series. After giving it a shot, though, I was amazed to find that not only were the characters pretty well developed through the series, it was genuinely exciting to watch.

6. Jigoku Shoujo – This is a series that has fans very divided. It is a “Monster of the Week” formula (Except for the amazing finales to each season) and in the end, we all know that by the time the episode ends, someone is going to Hell, although not always in a way we would expect. However, the characters we would consider the main cast, Ai and gang, are very memorable and you find yourself caring about them, especially when hearing about their tragic pasts. The animation is superb and the character designs are unique and memorable. The voice acting was very well done (After all, I don’t think it is possible to forget Enma Ai’s famous line when she finally gets to the “dragging down to hell” business).

5. Ouran High School Host Club – When looking for a romantic comedy, this should be the very first place you look. With a likeable heroine, a rare thing in many shoujo series, and an amazing supporting cast, every single character has their own feel and personality to them. The animation is very good and I must admit that I love the character designs.

4. Sword of a Stranger – The first and only film I will be including in my list, I remember being absolutely amazed the first time watching this film. Now this is what an action film should be. Every single fight sequence was exquisite with memorable music and likeable characters. Really, in my eyes, there was nothing in this film that could have been done better.

3. Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood – I remember watching the first Fullmetal Alchemist series before I had read the manga and thinking, how could they make this any better? I adored everything, the storyline, the characters and the pacing, not to mention good art and cool action scenes. But although the original was a very good series, Brotherhood stepped it up a whole nother notch. Although the art style takes a bit to get used to, the animation is definitely much higher standard then the original. Just take a look at some of the action sequences and you will see a noticeable difference. The characters that many of us came to know and love that were omitted from the original (Ling, Ran Fan, Olivia Armstrong, to name a few) now made an appearance and overall, it seemed to me that the storyline was superior to the original.

2. Romeo x Juliet – I will admit, it is my distaste for the original play that makes me love this anime so much. It follows the basic formula, two members of a family that are constantly feuding (In this case, one slaughtering the other) falling in love, and the chaos that follows. However, Romeo x Juliet takes this and creates something unique and entirely different from the original. It packs an emotional punch for the finale scene, which is beautifully animated, and along the entire storyline you grow to really care about what happens to the characters because they are likeable. You feel for their situation and partway through the series I remember hoping for an anime original ending, but with that, I suppose it would not be Romeo and Juliet.

1. Clannad – For this placing, I am including After Story with the original Clannad because I do not consider the two to be separate series. Clannad is, essentially, a two season long story surrounding Tomoya Okazaki, a youth delinquent who feels as if life has nothing to offer him and floats through his days making trouble with his friend Sunohara. That is, until a girl named Nagisa Furukawa comes into his life and this is where our story begins. Clannad follows a similar formula to many harem series out there, our protagonist becoming involved in the lives of a number girls following a formula. We all know it, the girls including the shy cutie, the tsundere, the quiet intelligent, etc. And yet, it manages to take something that has been done so many times and turn it into something unique, touching and overall, just beautiful. I know there were quite a few people whom believed the ending to be something that ruined the series, but I think it is something that made this series great because nothing else would have really be satisfying. When you watch this series, be prepared for tears, laughs and an overall emotional roller coaster.

Worst Anime
5. Akane-iro ni Somaru Saka - I shudder to remember this series.

4. Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan - Have to say, I genuinely dislike almost everything in this series.

3. Kanonkon - No, just... No.

2. Kirarin Revolution - I'l admit, I was at one point a fan of this series but after soooo many episodes, it got so... Old. Then then changed the animation and that was the nail in the coffin.

1. Green Green - What can I say, even by ecchi standards this series is just plain shallow and revolting.
eaglesdome810

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:43 pm Reply with quote
[EDIT: No lists. Put reasons. -TK]
Soundmonkey44

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:06 pm Reply with quote
After Much thought & Deliberation..I have finally decided to post my version of the TOP 5 WORST ANIME (the ones that make me cringe and curl up in the fetile positon!)

#5: Reign the conquer: why? Because it exsists.

#4. Strike Witches: Its nonesense, just pure nonesense, I like silly things, but this show is silly in a bad way, oh sure loli & moe cat girls fighting aliens in jet propelers sounds funny on paper, but when the show tries to take itself seriously when I can't its just doesn't make sense to me.

#3 Master of Martial Hearts: Take the Concept if IT, make it even more genaric & sexed up, you get MOMH...and a headache.

#2 Green Greens: There is not a single good thing about this show, not a 1. bland, gnenaric, bad story, dumb characters even the ecchi is fail.

#1: Queens Blade: Claymores Anit-thesis. A show where Hentai gals try to pass for knights. A show that does nothing buy pander to the lowest common denominator! filled with sic & odd fetishes, this show is an abominations to medival fantasty media! (and should justly be wiped off the face of the earth!)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 93 of 122