• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Bleach Episodes Return to Adult Swim Tonight

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Airforce1

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:36 am Reply with quote
About f-ing time!
the-antihero

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:54 am Reply with quote
I don't get how that filler-infested anime can enjoy viewership.
CG-LOVER

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:04 am Reply with quote
I'll be watching...but I'm not expecting much from it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Guren Alchemist4

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:21 am Reply with quote
Took forever
Weiss_Yohji

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:24 am Reply with quote
the-antihero wrote:

Hey, the Bount arc had some of the best filler episodes in any long-running shounen anime!

About time we got new episodes of Bleach! How long does it even take to dub them all?
Apollo-kun

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:30 am Reply with quote
Weiss_Yohji wrote:
the-antihero wrote:

Hey, the Bount arc had some of the best filler episodes in any long-running shounen anime!

About time we got new episodes of Bleach! How long does it even take to dub them all?

Well, I'm assuming it doesn't take that long, but historically, when Adult Swim airs "Bleach", they air new episodes for several, several, SEVERAL consecutive months. My hunch in regards to why it took so dang long is because they probably prepared several dozen new episodes for airing. Which means, fellow Bleach addicts, that we won't have to be Bleach-less for a lonnnnnng time to come.

I mean, y'know, unless you watch fan-subs, but why the hell
would ya do that? ;P
Gasero

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:23 am Reply with quote
Oh, I guess Adult Swim is still going with anime. I was wondering how much longer they could keep up that charade.
the-antihero

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:30 am Reply with quote
But you're forgetting that the voice actors have other projects to work on at the same time as Bleach, for example Johnny Young Bosch has to dub his character of Tales of the Abyss since the anime has just been licensed. That's why it takes a while to dub anime.
Anime Remix

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:52 am Reply with quote
Finally we can enjoy some more English dub glory of Bleach! Smile

Even though it's a Filler Arc, I'm still fine with it. Anime exclamation
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:10 am Reply with quote
About time but I what more new fullmetal
Revolutionary

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:43 am Reply with quote
So it's just filler? I couldn't stand that awful and boring Bount arc so I don't know that I'll be tuning in.
LuckySeven

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:10 pm Reply with quote
All comments about filler and shonen aside, I think Bleach sticks around because it still pulls in decent ratings no matter where they stick it on the lineup. Plus, this last hiatus was the first one in about two years. It was quite a bit longer than the last one, but the show is back on my TV so that's a good thing even if I don't always give each episode my full attention.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime
braves

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:21 pm Reply with quote
Weiss_Yohji wrote:
the-antihero wrote:

Isn't that because it ripped off part of its storyline from one of the best long-running shonen anime? I saw more than one person comparing the Bount arc with major elements from the Three Kings saga.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
John Casey

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:34 pm Reply with quote
Weiss_Yohji wrote:
the-antihero wrote:

Lul.

braves wrote:
Isn't that because it ripped off part of its storyline from one of the best long-running shonen anime? I saw more than one person comparing the Bount arc with major elements from the Three Kings saga.

I'm...I'm sorry, but I'm really not seeing very many chunky comparisons between Bounts and the Three Kings. I mean..if anything, it's the Amagai arc that's a lil bit closer to it...

Anyways, I could care less about these damned fillers. Just hurry and get them over with so we can move onto spoiler[Zaraki VS. Nnoitra] already.
jr240483

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:13 pm Reply with quote
Apollo-kun wrote:
Weiss_Yohji wrote:
the-antihero wrote:

Well, I'm assuming it doesn't take that long, but historically, when Adult Swim airs "Bleach", they air new episodes for several, several, SEVERAL consecutive months. My hunch in regards to why it took so dang long is because they probably prepared several dozen new episodes for airing. Which means, fellow Bleach addicts, that we won't have to be Bleach-less for a lonnnnnng time to come.

I mean, y'know, unless you watch fan-subs, but why the hell
would ya do that? ;P

exactely. why would anyone would wanna do that now it's returning tonight?

However they were running two new eps every single week from ep 53 all the way to 167. No one should be susprised with the long hiatus cause to dub a very long series with the same VA from ep 1 aint easy. Especially with some of those VA have other comitments to other anime projects (a.k.a Orihime and Toshiro's VA are also commited to Gundam Unicorn ),not to mentioned that most of them will also be doing double duty for Naruto Shippuden
( making an edited TV version & Uncut version ) since stuopolis studios are dubbing both of them.

At least new epsiodes are returning and Hopefully AS has learned it's lesson from this and not do a massive new eps flooding with out a short hiatus for new eps to be produced. At least their doing that with FMA.

Unfortunately some people might not care about the new epsiodes since this arc is a filler arc like with the bount arc (which I really really like) but at least the filler archs on bleach are good enough to watch unlike that massive 100+ filler flooding for the original naruto , so it's kinda saying something. and it might be even better than some of the previous cannon material for the series.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3