• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - Market Forces

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Primus

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:19 pm Reply with quote
SEGA is amazing. Today in Famitsu along with Ico HD, and Shadow of the Collosus HD, they had an announcement. The new Yakuza game for PS3 will feature a zombie outbreak. SEGA also announced Valkyria Chronicles 3... for PSP. Super trolls, and I approve.
robo-ky

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:36 pm Reply with quote
great job as always todd, and lolz @ your timing since everyone is geeking out about TGS. (i'm not since i doubt Zone of Enders3 is ever happening no new information on DWGundam3 GundamvsGundam games prolly not coming stateside ever. Yakuza3 does look cool tho.)
...and really don't tell me that's fei long's new costume Evil or Very Mad he's my main and c'mon capcom he's a bruce lee clone even the cliche yellow jumpsuit would've been better than bland all white can't wear after labor day suit. :sigh: guess i'll just play more blazblue
GATSU

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:38 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Square Enix's SaGa 3 remake is a little unexpected, as the GameBoy's third SaGa game (released here as Final Fantasy Legend III) isn't as much of a cult favorite in Japan as the second SaGa (released here as…well, you can figure it out).

That's ironic given that Saga 3 could be considered a prototype for Chrono Trigger.

Quote:
It also applies SaGa 2's storyline-manipulating concept: in SaGa 3, battles grant players Times Gear points.

That's cool. I always wished you could do more with that game.

Quote:
Methinks they'd change “Milfy.”

You never know. There's a character in Beet the Vandel Buster called Milfa. Rolling Eyes

Quote:
Square Enix declined to localize SaGa 2 despite the game's fairly good reception,

Never say never, though I do wonder why that company's betting on more Front Mission this year.

Quote:
Another unsurprising early revelation from the Tokyo Game Show is Ace Attorney Investigations 2, sequel to the Phoenix Wright spin-off that focused on prosecutor and rival Miles Edgeworth.

Bah, I'd rather have more Apollo Justice, especially since that last part of the Edgeworth game took forever to finish.
vtnwesley

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:45 pm Reply with quote
I played the Recettear demo earlier on, and now happily own the game. I absolutely love the gameplay and hope people give it a try. The demo is on their website and Steam. Anything more I can say about the game would be repeating whats in the review. It's good, it's interesting, go try it!
robo-ky

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:09 am Reply with quote
same here i've heard nothing but good things about Recettear. I'm not a huge JRPG fan myself but it's refreshing to see that someone is trying new ideas, that genre is in dire need of some innovation
belvadeer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:15 am Reply with quote
Super Street Fighter IV: Well, if I am allowed to insert an opinion, Blanka's alternate costumes are pretty cool.

Dissidia Final Fantasy 012: To be honest, I never understood the hype behind the first Dissidia. I never played it, and I have no interest in it. I had to endure watching my two best friends keep playing that game during our breaks at Anime Expo 2010. I really didn't care much for it. So this sequel really means little to me. Just because Lightning will be in it doesn't mean it will be amazing, just so people know. They should put in Ba'Gamnan from XII, if I had to suggest a character entry. Of course they won't obviously.

SaGa 3/FFL3: Oh my god, I remember this one back on Gameboy! It was so much fun. Eating the meat of monsters and turning into them or becoming a robot made that adventure so unique for its time. The bosses were also pretty tricky and it was neat having a guest tag along with your main four. The main battle theme was also very addicting to listen to. I hope this one comes! Very Happy

Recettear: To be honest, as far as a game like this goes, I'm looking more forward to Atelier Rorona and Totori. Of course, I won't disregard this game's potential success as it sounds like a lot of fun. The item shop is indeed a staple of RPGs and to play from the view of the owner will make for a unique experience. After all, how do you make change for a hero who brings in some incredibly expensive platinum sword when your shop has barely started out? Now you know how all those generic shopkeers feel! Anime hyper
Dessa

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:27 am Reply with quote
I think that about half of my RP is playing Recettear... it's all anyone is talking about in chat.
RevliSDawN

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:42 am Reply with quote
I picked up Recettear the day it was released and I already have an immense amount of time played. It's absurd how much fun it is even though it has such a simple premise.
Sheleigha

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:21 am Reply with quote
Can't wait for my Etrian to come in the mail! I heart my artbook bonuses Very Happy
Raneth

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:02 am Reply with quote
Recettear sounds like it could be fun. I'm a huge scrooge in games when it comes to items (I never use any items or spend any money, because I might "need it even more in the future." This ends with me never using anything, ever.) So playing from the shopkeeper's perspective should be interesting. I'm guessing I would be hugely sad if I sold something for less than what I should have.
ZajoII

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:12 am Reply with quote
Go Recettear! I found out about the demo in July or August, and I've been waiting for its release since then. Now that it's finally out, I'm too busy to play it! ):
It is a great game, though. The person who wrote this article is right: even though it's a simple premise, with two pretty simple gameplay segments, it somehow becomes engrossing and extremely entertaining. I'd highly recommend it.
And the script is definitely hilarious. "Capitalism, ho!"
gatotsu911

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:48 am Reply with quote
Quote:
If the first Dissidia's depiction of Final Fantasy VI's Terra is any indication, Lightning will inexplicably turn into a meek, self-doubting wallflower for the purposes of Dissidia 012.

QFT. Both the writing and characterization in Dissidia was SO BAD.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
PingSoni
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:52 am Reply with quote
Recettear looks adorable! I'd buy it in a heartbeat if it were available for a platform I own (Mac or Playstation).
GW-9800

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:13 am Reply with quote
I played the original Saga 3 so many times. Loved that game to death. If the DS remake ever makes it over here, I'm buying it day one.
Shenl742

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:10 pm Reply with quote
gatotsu911 wrote:
Quote:
If the first Dissidia's depiction of Final Fantasy VI's Terra is any indication, Lightning will inexplicably turn into a meek, self-doubting wallflower for the purposes of Dissidia 012.

QFT. Both the writing and characterization in Dissidia was SO BAD.

...but Terra started out as meek and self-doubting in Final Fantasy VI as well! And in BOTH games she got over it by the end.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2