• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Your Love Sickness GN

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vashfanatic

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:59 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
a member of the yakua

I assume you mean yakuza?

I'm not a huge fan of short story collections myself, and I doubt something as steamy as this will ever wind up in my library for me to check out one afternoon. Everyone here let me know whether the review is on target.
poonk

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:12 am Reply with quote
I've also already posted about this in the manga forum here but this is the perfect opportunity to ask other BL fans: Is anyone else's copy of Your Love Sickness missing 32 pages? I just got my Amazon-preordered copy and it is without pp.145-177, by my estimation-- i.e. the last 8 of the "Cheeping" story and the first 24 of "Cross Your Heart" part 1, going by the table of contents. I've left a note in DMP's June forum and emailed them directly so I'm interested to see how it'll be rectified. Asking Amazon for a replacement is pointless if all copies are defective.

Can't comment too much on most of the stories as one is left unfinished and the other two-part story lacks ~24 pages of context/set-up. Crying or Very sad The fox spirits were sweet though, despite A'Ura's strange hairstyle.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
CCSYueh

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:31 am Reply with quote
Report it to Amazon via e-mail. It sounds like something that will have to come from DMP, but usually they're done thru the original dealers. It's happened a couple times. MediaBlasters had the issue on Level C. I believe I found it in a Viz or TP title. I know I've had to return books for this reason at least 3 times.
poonk

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:58 am Reply with quote
Thanks for the tip, CCSYueh, I've done so and await Amazon's response. You've had to deal with this 3 times, huh? Did the publishers end up reissuing the books and the vendors consequently sending them along to you? Or did you just get a refund and have to wait and reorder them?

Edit: Overnight I received an automated response from Amazon that they've sent out a replacement copy and with instructions to return the defective one. I'm not exactly holding my breath though, as this is obviously a publisher error and not a regular damaged book. So I'll have to wait and see if the replacement is also missing pages and go from there. *crosses fingers*
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
PrettyKitty$$$$$

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:27 pm Reply with quote
I received my copy lask week from Rightstuf and it wasn't missing any pages. So, I'm not sure how widespread the error is.

Anyway, I had the same reaction as the reviewer to this book. It was surprisingly entertaining as short story collections go.
CCSYueh

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:59 pm Reply with quote
Kitty did a re-print on Level C. It was Thunder Boys also. They had pages one could print to insert, but they also re-did the books because no one wanted to just stick a page in a manga randomly to fix the publisher's error. I believe there was a Super Gals (ADV, wasn't it?) I had to return
In all instances the books were replaced & often it was just a small part of the run that was messed up. I never lost the book (got a refund instead of a book)

It happens. I remember having to return a music book (Alice Cooper? Kiss?) that had blank pages in it so the shop just re-ordered it & it was ok, but that was my first experience with the lack of quality control in publishing.

Mine's reserved. This sounds interesting. I love it when I'm not expecting much out of the title & it's actually really good & the cover art suggests the guys are bulkier than I usually like so I was expecting average on this one.
poonk

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:57 pm Reply with quote
PrettyKitty20034 wrote:
I received my copy lask week from Rightstuf and it wasn't missing any pages. So, I'm not sure how widespread the error is.
CCSYueh wrote:
In all instances the books were replaced & often it was just a small part of the run that was messed up. I never lost the book (got a refund instead of a book).
Very good to hear this. I feel much more optimistic about my chances of getting a complete book as a replacement. I'll drop back in this thread when I receive it.

Edit: Got my replacement copy and it is thankfully intact. Must've been a limited publisher's error, luckily.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1