• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Star Driver Studio to Job Seekers: Do the Kiraboshi Pose

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Divineking

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:25 am Reply with quote
Wow...BONES must be really proud of themselves with this series. Not that I can blame them of course, it's FABULOUS!

I know it's not likely, but it'd be funny if ANN could get pictures of the guys doing the pose!
Kyogissun

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:27 am Reply with quote
But can they do it... WITH SA PAUNCH?!
garfield15

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:43 am Reply with quote
When an entire audience of people at Anime Fest are asked to do a pose, you know it's important. Laughing

Bones must love this series.
vashfanatic

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:44 am Reply with quote
If they send me a version of Takuto's outfit when he's transformed, I will do it. I will do it and send a hundred photos BECAUSE I WANT THAT OUTFIT!!

And yes, I am female. IT'S THAT FABULOUS!
Big Hed

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:51 am Reply with quote
Well I'm impressed by Bones' passion. This series continues to entice me. But just to be clear...

Divineking wrote:
... it's FABULOUS!

vashfanatic wrote:
IT'S THAT FABULOUS!

Do you mean like...

... This kind of fabulous?
swienke

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:04 am Reply with quote
@Big Hed

As a devoted Lelouch fangirl, even I have to admit that Takuto's outfit and poses make even Lelouch appear somewhat dowdy and subdued. It's not just FABULOUS, it's GALACTICALLY FABULOUS!

But I seriously love that poster...now I kind of want to watch Code Geass again.
Big Hed

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:28 am Reply with quote
Oh yeah, I forgot Takuto is the Galactic Prettyboy after all, isn't he? Razz
Cecilrosa

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:57 am Reply with quote
"trademark pose"...yeah I haven't seen that unique pose before *cough* Sailor Moon*cough* Mikuru Beam*cough*.

I know Bones has a great animation team, but their original works (not their adapted works like FMA and Soul Eater) having been getting worse for grabbing "inspiration" from other sources. X'amd was a collection of Miyazaki movie scenes (especially Nausicaa and Laputa: Castle in the Sky) and this show seems to be trying to draw inspiration from Gurren Lagann (especially in art style). I'm not against drawing "inspiration" from other popular sources, but if you are going to do it, take it to the next level of awesome like Gurren Lagann did for Gainax mech anime. I am not trying to accuse Bones of stealing ideas or being lazy, but I haven't been impressed by their recent original shows and Star Driver seems to be continuing the trend.
SaiyanHero16

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:34 pm Reply with quote
That is just plain awesome
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
pantsmca

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:40 pm Reply with quote
It's uh...cybodies...not cybuddies :/
mufurc

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:48 pm Reply with quote
Cecilrosa wrote:
and this show seems to be trying to draw inspiration from Gurren Lagann (especially in art style).

...if you seriously believe that you may want to look into the writer's (Enokido Youji) and the director's (Igarashi Takuya) other works, like Utena, Melody of Oblivion, Soul Eater, or even Ouran Host Club. (Never mind the fact that just because Star Driver has mecha it's not really a mecha anime. That's like saying Utena is a sports anime just because it has fencing in it.)
Egan Loo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:58 pm Reply with quote
pantsmca wrote:
It's uh...cybodies...not cybuddies :/

Ah, Bones used the "-buddy" spelling in its pre-broadcast brochure for the anime, but Aniplex used the "-body" spelling later on.
Shenl742

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:00 pm Reply with quote
mufurc wrote:
Cecilrosa wrote:
and this show seems to be trying to draw inspiration from Gurren Lagann (especially in art style).

...if you seriously believe that you may want to look into the writer's (Enokido Youji) and the director's (Igarashi Takuya) other works, like Utena, Melody of Oblivion, Soul Eater, or even Ouran Host Club. (Never mind the fact that just because Star Driver has mecha it's not really a mecha anime. That's like saying Utena is a sports anime just because it has fencing in it.)

And regarding Xam'd, I don't recall a scene from Ghibli film where a character spoiler[makes his arm eat his own head]. Plus, the director of that actually is a Ghibli vet so...
Big Hed

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:09 pm Reply with quote
God that scene was awesome. spoiler[Poor Furuichi, things just didn't go his way.]

And while I still haven't seen Laputa, I don't know where this talk of wholesale ripping from Nausicaa comes from. A little bit of exaggeration going on I think...
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:38 pm Reply with quote
I fully intend to do the "Kiraboshi" next time I try to pick up a chick, then I'll rush right back here and let y'all know how it worked out. Very Happy
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2