• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Belgian Police Close to 2007 'Manga Murder' Victim ID

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jaymie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:51 pm Reply with quote
"Dess". They deserve life for that alone.
prime_pm

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:43 pm Reply with quote
You dessin' me?
RoverTX

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:51 pm Reply with quote
I wonder if they really misspelled that or if the dutch speaking world breaks す down to ss in romaji...I mean if your going to leave a murder note you think they could spend a few seconds looking up how to write it correctly.
Redlinks

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:55 pm Reply with quote
Sigh, it's people like this who give us anime/manga fans a bad name. I'm sick of hearing people do things like this because of Death Note.
Sakurazuka_Reika

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:08 pm Reply with quote
Damn, I'm sick of Death Note and manga/anime in general getting a bad name becuase of idiots like these. And why on earth would anyone do something so stupid? Did they imagine something like this happening? :

Police inspector 1: Sir, several dismembered body parts have been found!
Police inspector 2: What? This is terrible! Who would do something like that?
Police Inspector 1: Actually, we found 2 notes near the body pieces. We think they might have been left there by the murderer. We are deciphering them now.
Police Inspector 3: Let me see them. *looks at notes* These say "I'm a Kira", who is a fictional character in a popular manga.
Police Inspector 2: So this Kira guy is the killer?
Police Inspector 3: that is what the note appears to say sir.
Police Inspector 2: Well then, since it is impossible to go inside a manga and arrest a fictional character I declare this case closed *walks off*
Police Inspector 1: But if we follow the same reasoning , doesn't that mean that a fictional character could not have come out of the manga and killed that person?
Police Inspector 3: Who cares. That means we get off early today, no?
Police Inspector 1: I guess...
Entire police force: Yay!!!

Ugh...I'm pissed off now >.>

Sorry for the weird post. I'm lacking sleep at the moment...
Fabe

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:20 pm Reply with quote
Sakurazuka_Reika wrote:
Damn, I'm sick of Death Note and manga/anime in general getting a bad name becuase of idiots like these. And why on earth would anyone do something so stupid? Did they imagine something like this happening? :

Police inspector 1: Sir, several dismembered body parts have been found!
Police inspector 2: What? This is terrible! Who would do something like that?
Police Inspector 1: Actually, we found 2 notes near the body pieces. We think they might have been left there by the murderer. We are deciphering them now.
Police Inspector 3: Let me see them. *looks at notes* These say "I'm a Kira", who is a fictional character in a popular manga.
Police Inspector 2: So this Kira guy is the killer?
Police Inspector 3: that is what the note appears to say sir.
Police Inspector 2: Well then, since it is impossible to go inside a manga and arrest a fictional character I declare this case closed *walks off*
Police Inspector 1: But if we follow the same reasoning , doesn't that mean that a fictional character could not have come out of the manga and killed that person?
Police Inspector 3: Who cares. That means we get off early today, no?
Police Inspector 1: I guess...
Entire police force: Yay!!!

Ugh...I'm pissed off now >.>

Sorry for the weird post. I'm lacking sleep at the moment...

Decoy maybe? They plant notes referencing a manga and the cops waste time staking out comic shops and anime/manga clubs.
dtm42

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:54 pm Reply with quote
You mean they have arrested four people but they don't know whom the victim is? Oh come on, that's pretty slack detective work. Cross reference a list of missing people by the DNA markers of the legs (i.e. check which ethnic group the deceased belonged to), and then start with missing people who fit the profile who went missing close to where the legs were found. Do DNA comparisons with relatives of the missing people to rule out one person after another, and that should give you a pretty decent shortlist. Then, since you've arrested four men already, just study their acquaintances and enemies and see if any of them have gone missing.

Really, it has been two years, what has the Belgian police force been smoking?
Sunday Silence

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:33 am Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
You mean they have arrested four people but they don't know whom the victim is? Oh come on, that's pretty slack detective work. Cross reference a list of missing people by the DNA markers of the legs (i.e. check which ethnic group the deceased belonged to), and then start with missing people who fit the profile who went missing close to where the legs were found. Do DNA comparisons with relatives of the missing people to rule out one person after another, and that should give you a pretty decent shortlist. Then, since you've arrested four men already, just study their acquaintances and enemies and see if any of them have gone missing.

Europe has a very messy immigration problem as of late. For all we know, the body parts came from some immigrant from Iraq or Iran.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1