• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: North American Anime, Manga Releases Oct. 31-Nov. 6

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sheleigha

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:48 pm Reply with quote
I have my Ys LE on preorder Smile Can't wait to grab that! I LOVE how the spines of the Ys LEs connect together to form a picture (and indicates that Ys Chronicles will have an LE as well!)

Not too big a week for me... I will pick up some of the manga eventually, but they are series I have yet to start picking up yet^^
NJ_

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:11 pm Reply with quote
I was going to buy Dirty Pair this week but that'll have to wait a while. Why, because the Fist Of The North Star game is out. Very Happy
Emerje

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:41 pm Reply with quote
What's the deal with the Haruhi release? I see it's dated for today, but I've had my hardcover copy from B&N for a week now (it was already in-stock when I ordered it the previous weekend). I just assumed it was an October release, but that I look at the website it does say 11/2 release. Guess they got it in early?

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Hi-Chan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:06 pm Reply with quote
Animal Academy and Mariaholic also are released today.
Ghstmtrx

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:02 pm Reply with quote
Just bought my Hardcover copy of Haruhi from rightstuf today. Hmm, I need to pick up D.Gray-Man too. But it will have to wait.
Heminga13

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:15 pm Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
What's the deal with the Haruhi release? I see it's dated for today, but I've had my hardcover copy from B&N for a week now (it was already in-stock when I ordered it the previous weekend). I just assumed it was an October release, but that I look at the website it does say 11/2 release. Guess they got it in early?

Emerje

Every Haruhi book has been released a couple weeks early for whatever reason. The street date must not be enforced or something, at least for online shopping.
Anime_Rapture

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:43 pm Reply with quote
For some reason Barnes and Noble and Borders websites are saying that Crimson Hero 14 hasn't been published yet.
Sakurazuka_Reika

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:48 pm Reply with quote
It says that Bakuman volume 2 was released today but it was published I think on Wednesday last week and I got my copy in the mail yesterday....
lys

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:04 pm Reply with quote
Anime_Rapture wrote:
For some reason Barnes and Noble and Borders websites are saying that Crimson Hero 14 hasn't been published yet.

They're silly. I got my copy of 14 (along with the rest of this week's Viz titles) a week early from TRSI, so it definitely is in existence!!

Hi-Chan wrote:
Animal Academy and Mariaholic also are released today.

Hmm, yeah, where are the rest of Tokyopop's releases? VB Rose (YAAAAAAAY), Stellar Six of Gingacho, Happy Cafe... I got my copies last week, but I thought this Tuesday was the "official" street date.

(edit: publishing dates are so weird. books out a week early, a week late... it's nearly impossible to find two sources in agreement with each other!)
Anime_Rapture

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:29 pm Reply with quote
Lys wrote:
Anime_Rapture wrote:

They're silly. I got my copy of 14 (along with the rest of this week's Viz titles) a week early from TRSI, so it definitely is in existence!!

I looked at the Shojo Beat site also and it says Crimson Hero 14 isn't available from them and to check local retailers.
malvarez1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:08 pm Reply with quote
I'll be reading Shaman King, Pokemon, D.Gray Man, and Hikaru no Go. I may also try out Bakuman.
sepherest

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:36 pm Reply with quote
Hm...The Strange Tale of Panorama Island was supposed to be released on the first but according to Amazon it's not shipping until December? I hope the publisher has more into on that, I was really looking forward to getting a copy. Confused
The Black Stones

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:42 pm Reply with quote
Just an FYI for the anime releases

Magic Knight Rayearth Season 2 Remastered and Genshiken Season 2 litebox got released this week as well.
juno_senei

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:26 am Reply with quote
You know...I spotted Crimson Hero 14 at my local Borders but thought I was seeing things - hahaha. I plan to go back tomorrow and pick it up.

Oh, and I am also very happy for the release of Story of Saiunkoku - finally!!!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1