• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - Sola Survivor

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zawa113

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:44 pm Reply with quote
Oooooh! Persona 2 for PSP?! Must get! Hopefully they'll put both games on the PSP eventually, for they shall get my money.
Fallen Wings

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:07 am Reply with quote
Quote:
I admit that I find the majority of Leiji Matsumoto's works bland and repetitive.

I resent that D: Nah. It is cool. Even though I'm a huge Leiji fan - I can only like the major series, his smaller works are fairly repetitive.

But yes. That stepping selection video is quite weird. I recommend everyone watch the guy on the right towards the end ...

I'm excited about Persona 2 though.
Captain Crotchspike

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:15 am Reply with quote
Quote:
GALAXY EXPRESS 999 DS
Developer: Culture Brain
Publisher: Culture Brain

Huh, Culture Brain is still alive?

...and it seems they've made Akagi games, no less. That's interesting. Also Uchi no 3 games and something called Oshare Princess, which doesn't seem to be based on anything...

Not that I'm interested in a scrappy little developer with a terrible track record like Culture Brain or anything! N-no! I don't love you!

Covnam

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:06 am Reply with quote
I won't mind waiting if it means that Atlus USA is able to put both Persona 2 games on a single disc for the US release.
If anyone knows... just how separate are these games? Should it really have been Persona 2 & 3? Or are they actually very connected if you play through both?
Sheleigha

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:12 am Reply with quote
Covnam wrote:
I won't mind waiting if it means that Atlus USA is able to put both Persona 2 games on a single disc for the US release.
If anyone knows... just how separate are these games? Should it really have been Persona 2 & 3? Or are they actually very connected if you play through both?

I think there's just the subtle differences. Probably like Nier Replicant and Gestalt, but a little more noticable... Oh, and there is no way a UMD could hold two games on one disk :/ That's asking for alot. You just need to find the PS1 copy of Eternal Punishment.
teh*darkness

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:27 am Reply with quote
Sheleigha wrote:
Covnam wrote:

I think there's just the subtle differences. Probably like Nier Replicant and Gestalt, but a little more noticable... Oh, and there is no way a UMD could hold two games on one disk :/ That's asking for alot. You just need to find the PS1 copy of Eternal Punishment.

At the rate Atlus is going, my copy is gonna be worthless within a year or two... should I keep holding onto it in hopes that EP won't get a PSP re-release, then my copy would be more valuable than ever, or should I just unload it on some poor schmuk at the gamestore? I'm not really a fan, and I don't use ebay or craigslist or anything. I seriously don't know what to do with it, now that most stores won't take trades of PS1 games... Confused

PS> Thank you, Todd, for the CoD callout at the very bottom. While I'm not interested in that game, it did make me smile to see it there. To be honest, your mention of the Ys release in last week's column alerted me to its impending release, and I now have the LE version in my collection. Thanks for keeping me up to date with what's coming out each week, and the enjoyable commentary. Smile
Dagon123

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:31 am Reply with quote
“not doing anything new so as to avoid failing, not doing anything outstanding.”

Pretty much, glad somebody spoke up. now if only more Western Developers would act this way...
Tamaria

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:48 am Reply with quote
Sheleigha wrote:
Covnam wrote:

Nope, the two games are very different. Innocent Sin is the first game and Eternal Punishment is a kind of sequel that takes place in parallel version of the Innocent Sin world. The characters of Innocent Sin made a big mistake in their game and Eternal Punishment is kind of like a do-over, but with mostly different main characters. Eternal Punishment refers to things that happened in Innocent Sin, but events play out differently, you see a different side of the characters and so on.
ninjapet

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:38 am Reply with quote
Neat, Persona 2 remake. No doubt that we will be getting a English release some time in the future.

Finally I can get a hold of the game, the only way to play the first game in English was to get a rom of it and play off the fan patch. So I'm quite happy seeing as I've been wanting to play Persona 2 for a while.
sepherest

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:29 am Reply with quote
Sheleigha wrote:

They're two separate games but part of one overall story. Basically without going into spoilers, Innocent Sin is the "cause" and Eternal Punishment is the "effect." You can easily play Innocent Sin without Eternal Punishment or vice versa, but you miss out on half of the story. EP made a pretty decent standalone though, but IS felt a lot better to me when I played EP after it, because you can catch the scale of what happened because of the game.

And for anyone who doesn't know the main site is up and has the remade OP, it's on youtube as well. They're also keeping the original for the game too, so it's like how most other Megaten games have two opening videos.

Quote:
Those games include a Windaria dungeon hack

Whoa, I didn't know people liked Windaria enough to warrant it's own game..
naninanino

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:50 am Reply with quote
Sigh. The link to the article was insightful. Perhaps that is what leads to games like Neptunia being released. I'm really disappointed that PS3s JRPG lineup gets yet another weak fanservice game.
Brand

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:54 am Reply with quote
I really thought the first Cooking Mama was cute but now with sequels, gardening, crafting, and now babysitting I'm just getting annoyed. Call me back when any of these suggested games are real.

A sequel to Tail Concerto? I'm in! I just watched a trailer for Solatorobo and it looks absolutely great for a DS game. I'm pretty darned impressed.

I also can't wait for Persona 2: IS on PSP. I'm kind of glad even though the characters have been redrawn, they at least keep with the same character designs. They are so iconic, I can't imagine the game without them. Kazuma Kaneko is my all time favorite character designer. I want to see more of is stuff on a home console and not just a hand-held.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
TsubomiKoneko

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:03 am Reply with quote
I was actually complaining to my boyfriend a while back about that. I was sitting there going "Okay, so they put Persona on the PSP... and Persona 3... WHERE'S PERSONA 2!?" and I kept hoping it would happen.

I really really really hope this comes to America, I was so angry when I found out that Eternal Punishment was only half the story.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:15 am Reply with quote
Man lots of stuff this run.

So they're releasing 'P:IS' for PSP. Ok we can live with that. But why the hell did they change her hair color? If that's supposed to be the boxer isn't her hair supposed to be red? I'm curious how the game mechanics are going to be improved over the old PS1 version.

Ah more info on that game that's about girls who are human versions of consoles. Well, at least PS3 is still supporting some form of 2D in 3D.

I'm very curious out this new spiritual successor to 'TC'. I have to admit this is an interesting development. Though I have to admit the trailer is pretty damn interesting. Humans somehow get mixed into this. Anyone who has seen the trailer will see what I'm talking about this. Reminds me something out of Utawarerumono.

I'll give this a try as long as it doesn't require any timer events. Well, at least the furry community of the East and West side will be happy.

Inafune leaving Capcom? That's some interesting news. Well, as long as he keeps his part on MML3 then he can do whatever he wants.

Babysitting Mama? Well, you weren't kidding. I gotta see this in action.
sepherest

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:09 am Reply with quote
Chrno2 wrote:
Man lots of stuff this run.

So they're releasing 'P:IS' for PSP. Ok we can live with that. But why the hell did they change her hair color? If that's supposed to be the boxer isn't her hair supposed to be red?

The boxer is Ulala, and she's a main character in Eternal Punishment, not Innocent Sin. The girl in the article is Tatsuya's friend Lisa Silverman. She does hand-to-hand combat as well but it's martial arts. They didn't drastically change any of the artwork, Soejima even did the in-game ones the first time around. Kaneko was the director and did all the concept art. It's just updated.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2