• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Error Reports

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2003 11:03 am Reply with quote
If you have a minor error to report, please use the error report script.

It is much easier to make sure that all errors get fixed if I only have to go to one place to read about them. If you have a complicated error report to make, one that may require some disscussion, then please use the error report script and bring it up in the forum as well.

Every page in the encyclopedia has a "Report an error on this page" button at the bottom of the page. After pressing that button please read the instructions that are shown.

We really appreciate corrections, we don't want to have false information in the encyc, but it will be much easier to handle them through the structured error report script as opposed to the forum.

Thanks.

-t

Last edited by Tempest on Tue Nov 09, 2004 10:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Angel Lily

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 1:46 am Reply with quote
There are two sperate entries for Pokemon Jirachi Wishmaker. One of them has little info while the other has a lot more.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 4:28 am Reply with quote
I suggest you to report this in the "Duplicate Entries" thread.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Sarki-Kun

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 12:33 pm Reply with quote
Er....Just a really insignificant mistake. I was looking to Utena's site (for getting some info.), and saw that the spanish translation was El anillo mágico...Er...I think it would be from Revolutionary girl Utena, Utena, la chica revolucionaria. Maybe it's something I don't know about the real title. However, as I said, it's nothing important. I'm sure that no ones taking care about it, but...as Tempest said "If you have a minor error to report" . But well, I don't want to be a little crappy guy...The Encyclopedia it's perfect Embarassed
chris keck

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 6:50 pm Reply with quote
Sarki-kun,

Keep in mind that El Anillo Mágico may be the title chosen by the Mexican distributor, not a direct Japanese-Spanish translation of shoujo kakumei utena.

gokigenyou,
chris keck
chris keck

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 7:04 pm Reply with quote
It's funny. Tempest makes a post asking people to use the proper form to submit minor errors (and not use the forum I assume) and right off two people use the thread to submit minor error reports.

Maybe the Report Errors button should me placed somewhere more obvious on the Encyclopedia pages.

chris keck
cookie
Former ANN Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 6:50 pm Reply with quote
Sarki-Kun wrote:
[color=darkblue]as I said, it's nothing important

If it's not important, please do not mention it in the forum; use the button in the encyclopedia instead.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
NeoBritt

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 2:44 pm Reply with quote
On Nobuo Hida's page (#4221), it doesn't mention that he played Ryo McLane in the FAKE OAV.

Also, on Masashi Ehara's page (#7638), it doesn't mention that he played Berkeley Rose in the FAKE OAV.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 3:04 pm Reply with quote
NeoBritt wrote:
On Nobuo Hida's page (#4221), it doesn't mention that he played Ryo McLane in the FAKE OAV.

Also, on Masashi Ehara's page (#7638), it doesn't mention that he played Berkeley Rose in the FAKE OAV.

That is because both Nobuo Hida and Masashi Ehara are misreadings. The names in this case are supposed to be "Nobuo Tobita" (#666) and "Masashi Ebara" (#510), and both of those characters are already in correctly. Japanese VA's end up misspelled in English credits quite frequently because of different readings of the kanji. Just sent in an error report yesterday on the Ebara/Ehara thing.
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 3:05 pm Reply with quote
NeoBritt wrote:

They are played by Nobuo Tobita (飛田展男, #666) and Masashi Ebara (江原正士, #510), respectively. BTW, thank you for providing duplicate entries.

In the future, you can add additional roles for voice actors, but be sure to verify your source of information before submission. We have enough duplicate entries (mostly misspelled names) already, yet the number of duplicates is still increasing day by day.

EDIT: Ah, EmperorBrandon, you were faster. You posted it while I was still typing.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 3:20 pm Reply with quote
EmperorBrandon wrote:
That is because both Nobuo Hida and Masashi Ehara are misreadings. The names in this case are supposed to be "Nobuo Tobita" (#666) and "Masashi Ebara" (#510), and both of those characters are already in correctly. Japanese VA's end up misspelled in English credits quite frequently because of different readings of the kanji.

That's why I always look up hiragana and/or romanji before submitting info whenever possible. Beware that even Japanese websites may contain similar errors (I've seen different hiragana on different webpages for the same person), so it's best to look up people's official site/page set up by their agent companies (here are Mr. Tobita's and Mr. Ebara's official pages) or by themselves.
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 3:28 pm Reply with quote
And since we're on the subject, I looked around and found two more duplicates for Nobuo Tobita:

Norio Tobita (#4403)
Tatsuo Tobita (#14040)

Both of these entries have roles credited to Nobuo Tobita as listed in this Japanese seiyuu database. Known about "Norio Tobita" for a while now, since that spelling was listed for Soemon Obichi in Saber Marionette J in Bandai's release (and I later entered it in correctly). Sending an error report about Norio must have slipped my mind back then.

I try to avoid entering misreadings in myself, but they always seem to pop up quite frequently on DVD credits, so they do get entered in. Checking out Japanese seiyuu sites that have romanized names and/or furigana for a lot of seiyuu has helped me identify the mistakes a little better recently.
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 7:39 pm Reply with quote
Ahh, sdb.noppo.com is a must-see for seiyuu information. However, even a good site like that contains the notorious o/oo/ou/oh/ô problem. My rule is to stick to the hiragana written atop/beside their respective kanji (thus I prefer using oo/ou instead of oh/ô), unless he/she has an 'official' romanized name.
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 10:35 pm Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:
Ahh, sdb.noppo.com is a must-see for seiyuu information. However, even a good site like that contains the notorious o/oo/ou/oh/ô problem. My rule is to stick to the hiragana written atop/beside their respective kanji (thus I prefer using oo/ou instead of oh/ô), unless he/she has an 'official' romanized name.

All are legitimate to some extent, but sticking directly to the furigana is probably a good bet. I've seen "oo" converted to "oh" quite frequently (particular on the front of the family name, such as "Akio Ohtsuka", "Ikue Ohtani", etc.), on websites and in DVD credits. That particular site seems to do it pretty much all the time, which comes out weird in such instances as "Satomi Kohrogi" (in which case, I'm very used to "Koorogi"). The only place I really see "ô" used frequently is on IMDb. It's kind of a catch-all for the long "o" sound, but just looks odd to me.
jfrog

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 1:08 am Reply with quote
I can't find an error report button for this particular problem, but hopefully it'll get noticed here.

Windy Tales is a TV series, not a special. I don't have any links in English that prove it (beyond the fansubbers, which isn't allowed), but I've seen more than one episode of it, so...yeah.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4