• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Hayate's Hata Confirms New Anime Is Not 3rd Season

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kougeru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:47 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Hata did say that the new anime is being produced with feedback received from working on the Hayate the Combat Butler! Heaven Is a Place on Earth film.
Feedback that it sucked, I hope. I know some companies ignore all bad feedback and only read the few good things they hear.... I hope he's not doing that
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:48 pm Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
Quote:
Hata did say that the new anime is being produced with feedback received from working on the Hayate the Combat Butler! Heaven Is a Place on Earth film.
Feedback that it sucked, I hope. I know some companies ignore all bad feedback and only read the few good things they hear.... I hope he's not doing that

I hope that Japan also disliked the different character designs in the movie and they'll change them back.
VORTIA
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:59 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
Kougeru wrote:
Quote:

I hope that Japan also disliked the different character designs in the movie and they'll change them back.

Hear, hear!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
burnpsy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:42 pm Reply with quote
That won't happen. the manga is only moving further and further TOWARD that character design.
Thatguy3331

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:45 pm Reply with quote
the mangaka acctually being part of the staff? ok now this is something I want to see. I couldn't give a flying f*** about the character designs so, to me at least, its something worth watching.
VORTIA
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:53 pm Reply with quote
Thatguy3331 wrote:
the mangaka acctually being part of the staff? ok now this is something I want to see. I couldn't give a flying f*** about the character designs so, to me at least, its something worth watching.

Will the character designs stop me from watching? Honestly, no, but they will put me off buying character goods, which is often a large motivator behind anime production.

Last edited by VORTIA on Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
AnimeDuelist15

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:55 pm Reply with quote
Well f*ck, I'm done.

Time to read the Manga.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:00 pm Reply with quote
VORTIA wrote:
Thatguy3331 wrote:

Will the character designs stop me from watching? Honestly, no, but they will put me off buying character goods, which is often a large motivator behind anime production.

Yeah, this is kinda how I feel. I've bought a Hinagiku figurine already, but theres no way I'd buy any figurines that use her new bland design.

Last edited by RyanSaotome on Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:02 pm Reply with quote
i don't think they design the characters with western audience in mind. lol
Thatguy3331

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:04 pm Reply with quote
Spotlesseden wrote:
i don't think they design the characters with western audience in mind. lol

This.

Plus fortunatly I don't really collect figures so I can ignore this entirely.

It really pays to be the 3% sometimes Anime hyper
mad mac

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:26 pm Reply with quote
Quote:

If the character designs were driving down character goods, they would have noticed a long time ago because the manga has looked like this for years.

Not liking it is fine and all, (I have a few gripes myself) but this is very much not a movie thing or studio thing. The movie designs weren't an exact match for the manga, but they were close enough. Hopefully with Hata working closer with them they'll be a little more on point in the anime.
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:38 pm Reply with quote
Dude wtf. This, HXH. If it a 13 ep season okay, redo it; if its 26 ep season and as bad as Rosario Vamp Capu 2 okay; but if it in 50-70 range and pretty decent can we get a sequel, I am not interested in watching stuff I have already seen; HXH looks better, but its hard to watch right now because its all been done; maybe when they get past greed island okay.

And chances are if its a reboot, now way in hell is it going to last long enough to hit new material.
mad mac

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:45 pm Reply with quote
Quote:

And chances are if its a reboot, now way in hell is it going to last long enough to hit new material.

It's not a reboot. It's going to be new material from episode one, as far as we know.

Honestly, I suspect half the reason they're doing this is because the manga is five years ahead of where the anime left off and they know that catching up is impossible.
J3N0V4

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:11 am Reply with quote
...... the Hayate movie is almost exactly the same character design as the manga and it was very well received in Japan with people only saying the Negima movie was shit.... orz
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:18 am Reply with quote
J3N0V4 wrote:
...... the Hayate movie is almost exactly the same character design as the manga and it was very well received in Japan with people only saying the Negima movie was shit.... orz

Doesn't really matter if its the manga design, its still different from what we're used to in the anime. The movie designs just look bland as crap, and everyones hair is far too big for their head. For a show that has a lot of cute girls, making them look worse is doing a disservice to the fans.

The character design changes bothered me enough I couldn't really enjoy the movie fully. I can't imagine how a whole TV series of that would be like.

Last edited by RyanSaotome on Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2