• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
PR: Viz Media at Wonder Con Booth #835

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
driverstart

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:58 pm Reply with quote
What the... Black Lagoon is a Viz Media title, not a Viz Signature title.

Anyhow, new exciting things will be added to Signature line in the future? Outside of Children of the Sea and Ooku being released, I wonder what other titles they have in mind? Maybe some new horror from Kazou Umezu? That would be nice!
jr240483

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:17 am Reply with quote
I hope for this panel they give out some info for the english dub versions of Naruto Shippuden cause so far i only hear info on the subs
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ConanSan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:13 pm Reply with quote
I hope they give CN the verbal pock-cunch they deserve for all the bloody nonsence they've pulled in regards to Naruto.
EdoRocksMySocks

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:21 pm Reply with quote
Conan-san wrote:
I hope they give CN the verbal pock-cunch they deserve for all the bloody nonsence they've pulled in regards to Naruto.

Quoted for truth and necessity. I wanna know what the hell is going on with the dubbed version of Shippuuden.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
CCSYueh

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:31 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
San Deigo Comic-Con

i before e except after c applies here

I've always assumed they would be there because it's sort of more their neck of the woods than San Diego
jr240483

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:24 am Reply with quote
Conan-san wrote:

what you mean? The edited versions of naruto are actually fine and it's barely any heavy edits.

It ain't like hack jobs of 4kids WHATSOEVER!!!

Also because of the success from CN's broadcasts, viz media brought out the uncut box sets,so i was kinda sure it would be a no brainer for the dub versions. Now i'm not so sure cause with the online versions out,the dubs won't do so well cause it'll be slightly edited,unless it goes to AS,but with no news on any dub versions other than the same cast will be on shippuden,i'm getting worried they might pull a media blasters switch and release it sub only which will seriosly have dubbers like myself calling out "BLOODY MURDER" or "BOO-DOO PEOPLE,MURDER PEOPLE!!!!!" on viz's CEO's.

it won't be a preety site.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Top Gun

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:33 pm Reply with quote
jr0904 wrote:
Conan-san wrote:

what you mean? The edited versions of naruto are actually fine and it's barely any heavy edits.

I'm fairly certain he's referring to the absolute scheduling morass on CN's part that has left the last few episodes of banal filler in complete limbo for a few months now, not the (as you said) very minor editing that the series has undergone for the TV broadcast.
ConanSan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:48 am Reply with quote
jr0904 wrote:
Conan-san wrote:

Also because of the success from CN's broadcasts, viz media brought out the uncut box sets,so i was kinda sure it would be a no brainer for the dub versions. Now i'm not so sure cause with the online versions out,the dubs won't do so well cause it'll be slightly edited,unless it goes to AS,but with no news on any dub versions other than the same cast will be on shippuden,i'm getting worried they might pull a media blasters switch and release it sub only which will seriosly have dubbers like myself calling out "BLOODY MURDER" or "BOO-DOO PEOPLE,MURDER PEOPLE!!!!!" on viz's CEO's.

it won't be a preety site.
I can see fair on this one. It's hard not to assume everyone is hating on this because of the few that think that because Nauto is speaking in English that the show is ruined foreva (Though as a side, the fillers did a decent enough job of doing that anyway).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1