• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Persona 3 Film's Teaser Video Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
StrawHat313

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:47 pm Reply with quote
I wonder what there going to name him since he didn't have a name in the game. In persona 4 didn't he have a preset name of Yu but u change it to ur own liking? The Persona 4 Animation must've sold a lot for them to do this so I'm happy. I always liked Persona 3 more then 4 anyways.
Saffire

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:54 pm Reply with quote
Pretty sure P4's protagonist is nameless in the game as well, but Persona 4 Arena calls him that so it is canon. The manga adaptation for P3 named the protagonist Minato Arisato, so that's an option.
Digimontamerfreak

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:03 pm Reply with quote
isn't that name uncannon though? im concerned about how much would be out into social links and the over all lucidity of the series though, a 1-2 hour movie won't touch base on the things that made the game good. it'll feel rushed unless they try to do what they did with garden of sinners and other movies and releases it at a 1-2 hour duration over several movie titles but i digress, i'm staying positive. seriously tho why strt with p4 just to go backwords sigh.
Hagaren Viper

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:48 pm Reply with quote
Is it bad that the thing Im worried about the most in this adaption is that they probably won't call the MC Minato anymore?
doctordoom85

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:10 pm Reply with quote
Hopefully the film will do well enough that they'll do a full-length series.
opn

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:17 pm Reply with quote
Saffire wrote:
Pretty sure P4's protagonist is nameless in the game as well, but Persona 4 Arena calls him that so it is canon. The manga adaptation for P3 named the protagonist Minato Arisato, so that's an option.

Unlike P4 P3 had a drama CD and the MC had a different name in it. Thats probably the name their going to use.
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:50 pm Reply with quote
Somewhat excited about this although it's not on my priority list right now.

Still looking forward to it though.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
elscar

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:13 am Reply with quote
excited for this, hopefully it will be a decent adaption! i thought P4A was done pretty well
casualfan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:32 am Reply with quote
Atlus just loves the last two persona series. I don't blame them, though. They have the momentum on their hand and they're definitely not going to waste it.
A 2-hour movie would be way too short for the series. Either they completely ignore the social links, or they are actually going to make multiple episodes. I'm hoping for the latter.
formerroadie1

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:23 pm Reply with quote
WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!
teh2ndrunner

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:42 pm Reply with quote
A P3 film sounds excellent. Personally I've stayed away from Trinity Soul because I didn't like the first episode and the appearance of 'Akihiko senpai' didn't wow me enough to persevere.

I hope this gets a dub w/ the original VAs like Persona 4 did (ofc that may depend on how well P4 does in the states with this no Japanese audio on the BD etc).

I don't know how they're gna handle this. The social links may make it almost impossible to cover in 2 hours or so. Then again, P3 had much less depth to the story and S.links, so maybe that wont be a prob.

Also, I hope P3 developers actually PAY their animators up front this time instead of pissing them off, resulting in some unfortunately sub par work on P4 the animation, which could have looked even more badass.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1