• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Fullmetal Alchemist TCG Announced

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Djablesse

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 2:24 pm Reply with quote
...I didn't think there was another way for FullMetal Alchemist to make me even more broke. Guess I was wrong... Surprised
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
rankothefiremage

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 4:12 pm Reply with quote
how very true...........
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
zeroligerx

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 6:25 pm Reply with quote
well if anyone come across the japanese card feel free to tell us how it play and it better then the case closed game that will come out
Treeloot

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 6:50 pm Reply with quote
Another TCG almost nobody will play. I mean, how many people really play the YuYu Hakusho TCG or the Shaman King one?
Necros Antiquor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 6:54 pm Reply with quote
Nooooooooooooooo! Stop trying to cash in on every fad before it even gets going!
Emerje

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 8:24 pm Reply with quote
Strange, this is a new one for Joyride Studios, this is their first time doing a card game, they're better known for video game figures and scale model vehicles. I'm curious what made them decide to go for this license and why Square-Enix/FUNimation decided to go with them over another company with more TCG experience. I'm also curious if the relationship ends here and if they have other plans like new action figures and miniatures.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Nagisa

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:02 pm Reply with quote
Necros Antiquor wrote:
Nooooooooooooooo! Stop trying to cash in on every fad before it even gets going!

I don't see how it's any different from the way Japan cheaply cashes in on every majour anime to come along, Fullmetal Alchemist included.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Isaaru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:04 pm Reply with quote
Treeloot wrote:
Another TCG almost nobody will play. I mean, how many people really play the YuYu Hakusho TCG or the Shaman King one?

I dont know about the Shaman King game..

But the YU YU Hakisho game has been very successful. They went through at 5 expansions, and sells wells at the store I go. Sure its not Yu Gi OH status, but it has its own cult following, and that's good enough for the fans.

The FMA game has good timing. If it has good game mechanics, then it will do well at a time where Yu Gi Oh is cooling off.

Then with Naruto in the states soon, the CCG for that would be on the shelf by Christmas....thats going to be insane!!
midori kou

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:34 pm Reply with quote
Nagisa wrote:
Necros Antiquor wrote:

I don't see how it's any different from the way Japan cheaply cashes in on every majour anime to come along, Fullmetal Alchemist included.

So very true. Any one seen those Naruto TCGs? X3
Flipnofunk

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 11:02 pm Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
I'm also curious if the relationship ends here and if they have other plans like new action figures and miniatures.

Emerje

Someone has a ready produced figurines i seen some around the local comic book store and i don't think its foreign too because its using the american title but the werid thing is it looks exactlly like the japanese figures.
Emerje

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 11:08 pm Reply with quote
Flipnofunk wrote:
Emerje wrote:
I'm also curious if the relationship ends here and if they have other plans like new action figures and miniatures.

Emerje

Someone has a ready produced figurines i seen some around the local comic book store and i don't think its foreign too because its using the american title but the werid thing is it looks exactlly like the japanese figures.

Yep, I'm already aware of those, they're imported and distributed by Diamond Comic Distributors. As of now only Diamond has the distribution license, that's why I said "new". Wink

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
VespaChick

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 11:29 pm Reply with quote
Necros Antiquor wrote:

Theres been a FMA TCG out in Japan already, as well as a Gan Gan Vs TCG and separate packs based on each of the comics IN Gan Gan. If anything our marketing is tame compared to the massive products made for the series in Japan.
Flipnofunk

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 12:06 am Reply with quote
Necros Antiquor wrote:

i highly doubt they will get any profit on this because the only people that will buy this are the die hard fans and the collectors. The only place where they sell these cards the most would be US because the only place you can get it ( canada for my sakes) is either by dvd or fansubs and since fansubs for FMA are pretty much obsolete (unless you can get it of a site or really good friends). Trust me im a huge fan (i have eds pocket watch Very Happy ) and it wouldn't force me to buy cards (this isn't pokemon or yu-gi-oh its way better)
Shorty22

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 6:19 am Reply with quote
I guess I'll be the stupid one and just say it; How would a card game where you're trying to find the P.Stone work? I understand the concept of the several fighting TCGs out there, but how would one where you're trying to reach a certain goal work? Would you be trying to collect X amount of certain cards or something? But that can't be all, as you'd have to be able to deter your opponent in some way as well. Confused
Joe Mello

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 10:50 am Reply with quote
Yeah, this will be interesting. It's almost like an RP Card Game, perhaps a la Ani-Mayhem (which is before my time).

spoiler[ However, since the Philosopher's Stone requires human sacrifices (so says the dub) isn't it impossible to win? Wink ]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2