• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Kaze no Stigma.

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 2:01 pm Reply with quote
Kaze no Stigma

This is a new show by the world famous Gonzo studio, while most people are still talking about the other Gonzo show this spring this show hasn't really got any attention.

To start the show basically tells us what the title of the show means....Kaze no Stigma = Stigma of Wind....I didn't know that. Also my fansub made a small note to explain what Stigma meant Smile.

Opening theme, wow more pop garbage but then again I could say that about nearly every US show being produced nowadays. As for the animation and character design, the characters appear to have that standard anime look with the long hair, but I still like it for some reason.

So to start we have lots of name calling chants, which has always bugged me, but I understand you want everyone yelling your catch phase.....I admit I did a fair amount of DBZ yelling in my younger days "Believe it!". So the main heroine voices is already starting to bug me a bit, maybe it was just that scream that bugged me.

Honestly as I watch this episode it doesn't feel like I am enjoying myself it seems like this show is on just to be on.....I don't know if Gonzo has a quota it needs to hit each season but this show feels weak. With the characters designs looking quite boring and recycled from several over series I am fighting just to get through this episode. I guess that's what happens when you spent all your time and money on RXJ. Maybe this show will get better once the two leads meet up, and battle in out wind and fire style.....

Oh no! Another wind user who can use the power of wind....and now Kazuma is to be blamed it's like the Fugitive with super power, and underage kids. Alright the power of wind vs fire....awesome except the fights ends in two seconds.

I would so want wind power just so I could fly around that would be super sweet, and think about how much noise you could make in a wind chime store.

Verdict: The foremen has ruled that you spent your time watching Romeo X Juliet rather then this, but if you have some free time and like your characters with fire power (oh yes I went there) then give it a shot. Maybe you'll find enjoy it.
Iwatch2muchanime

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 2:06 pm Reply with quote
I don't really like you tone of verdict there Delta. Very Happy I just say watch both Kaze no Stigma and Romeo X Juliet. It'll take up all your time and leave you with no room for friends......man I'm having trouble keeping up with my anime.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 3:41 pm Reply with quote
Iwatch2muchanime wrote:
I don't really like you tone of verdict there Delta. Very Happy I just say watch both Kaze no Stigma and Romeo X Juliet. It'll take up all your time and leave you with no room for friends......man I'm having trouble keeping up with my anime.

I've been burned one too many times by Gonzo....Especially with shows that have promise, I rather not waste my time now and be corrected later on when more people have viewed it. I don't even have enough time right now for the anime I actually want to watch, my time for shows that are already sub-par to begin with has been taken over by Work.
Iwatch2muchanime

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 5:21 pm Reply with quote
Well I don't know what it's like to be taken over with.....WORK, but my school is beating me in the head since it's my senior, EVERYHTING's IMPORTANT, DON'T F*CK IT UP, FINAL YEAR, WOOOOOOOOO!!!!. Yet I'm blowing some of it off anyway because I don't care. But the amount of homework and all fuss from me parents is really shortening my anime time. I mean I just got the "Low Disk Space" pop-up 20 sec. ago and had to get rid of 'Ail Maniax" which I was going to use in an AMV I was making, but stopped and deleted it because I got rid of it, just to release some space for a crap load of shows I have on here.

I still have some Kujbiki Unbalance on here, To Heart Remember My Memories, the last 4 ep. of Pumpkin Scissors, Kiba 46-50, Ayakashi Ayashi 10-24 which have been on here forever, Bakumetsu Kikansetsu Irohanihoheto 11-22, Jigoku Shoujo Futakamori 10-22, NIGHT HEAD GENESIS 15-23, Sci-Fi HARRY 8-20, Zoids Genesis 37-51, and One Piece 242-305 because SCHOOL is INTERUPTING my sweet, sweet time on this......I'm falling behind a lot and I don't like it.

Amazing and Ironic how school is interupting and setting the base for my life at the same time.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime
frentymon
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:22 pm Reply with quote
One of my favorite shows of the new season so far. Initially it looked like a carbon copy of Shana (but with GONZO instead) but it turned out to be radically different as far as plot and characters go. The main character who can't use fire is the kind of mysterious guy you'd expect to be a side character and show up periodically, but the fact that he's actually the person the series follows made things pretty cool. The plot has amazing potential at this point and I hope GONZO can pull it off. I'm slightly hopefully because GONZO usually doesn't do stuff like this and the stuff they usually don't do they tend to actually handle properly, so yeah.
frentymon
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 12:54 am Reply with quote
After Episode 3, I must say I'm definitely impressed.

One of the interesting things about this show is where the plot is headed, as Episode 1 merely introduced the setting, world, characters, and only vaguely hinted at potential plotlines. Episode 2 went off in a different direction completely, with Episode 3 coming back on track with the spoiler[mysterious wind users, whom previously seemed to have little relevance to the plotline.] The current storyline could range from lasting only 1-2 more episodes to perhaps the entire rest of the series ( would prefer the former), and it's still really amiguous at this point where the rest of the series is headed.

The main character, Kazuma, is also really likeable. He's generally calm and cool-headed, different from the generic shounen whiny brat/"tough guy" types. He's slightly arrogant but not overly so, lets his anger out but keeps it controlled, and proves to his former clan his worth. I mostly like how he transformed, in a mere 4 years, from someone seemingly pathetic and useless to someone strong, confident, intelligent, and level-headed. His relationship with the main protagonist girl, Ayano, is also interesting as at this point she seems to be gradually losing her contempt for him and replacing it with respect.

At the rate it's going, it should be one of the best shows of the Spring 2007 Season. I don't think Gonzo is going to screw it up, they have a specific spectrum of genre of series that they tend to mess up, and everything outside of that spectrum, they generally execute properly (looking at Kaleido Star, Welcome to the NHK, Gankutsuou, Basilisk as examples).
omar235

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 3:05 pm Reply with quote
I have to say I have taken a liking to it, I wouldn't say it is the best I have seen of the 07 series so far but it is pretty good. I like the main character, Kazuma, alot.
I like the plot so far also. I am surprised about all the killing that has aparently gone on, not alot of people seem to be sad. I mean it just seems like these random members of the family where just meaningless no really says much about some of the characters that die who seem to be rather close to the family leadership. Eh anyways it is deffinatly entertaining and I look foward to watching more.
LuckySleven

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 5:24 pm Reply with quote
Watched the first episode and so far I think it's interesting and I'll think I'll continue wathing it but it feels like it's a rip-off of Shakugan no Shana without the whole adorable stuff, etc.
DragonMasterZero

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 3:04 am Reply with quote
When I saw Ayano chan first bring out Enraiha I instantly thought of "Form Blazing Sword!" from Voltron Laughing

This series seems really interesting so far. I hope they dont run with the current plotline as the whole series, but wrap this bit up in the next couple episodes.

I really like the main character, he's not a whiner like so many other protagonists, nor is he ridiculously overconfident.
frentymon
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 5:19 pm Reply with quote
Just saw Episode 4.

I'm liking Kazuma even more now. I haven't seen a likeable main character in a shounen series in just about forever, but Kazuma is just a suave badass. Am liking how Ayano's relationship with him is improving exponentially as well.

Great show. Massive potential.
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 5:40 pm Reply with quote
frentymon wrote:
Great show. Massive potential.

But isn't that Gonzo specialty technique shows with super potential that rarely live up to what they could. I am still waiting for more episodes and for more positive reviews, but it's good to know the series didn't start tanking right off from the beginning.
jdmac1

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 10:22 pm Reply with quote
I am also watching the series and so far very good. I do have a question for someone. I keep reading your not allowed to talk about downloads or asking questions about getting a episode if your missing one.

Then how is it we all talk about new shows when we are downloading the anime? From the site I go to they will pull the show if it gets a license. Which can be annoying as heck when your like 20 esp into it and then WHAM it’s gone.

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but seems contradictory.
LuckySleven

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 11:01 pm Reply with quote
jdmac1 wrote:
I am also watching the series and so far very good. I do have a question for someone. I keep reading your not allowed to talk about downloads or asking questions about getting a episode if your missing one.

Then how is it we all talk about new shows when we are downloading the anime? From the site I go to they will pull the show if it gets a license. Which can be annoying as heck when your like 20 esp into it and then WHAM it’s gone.

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but seems contradictory.

Well simply put, ANN doesn't want to get sued or get in trouble for actions that break some copyright laws. ANN wants to keep itself "sparkly clean" so that it's reputation would be something of a good nature. Since it's all just talk-talk-talk, I believe ANN won't get in trouble for anything. Unless someone forgets to pay the bills for hosting :3
hentai4me

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 2:45 am Reply with quote
ANN doesn't mind how YOU get anime, they do mind how you tell OTHERS to get it. Basically put you can discuss any anime you want...just don't provide info on how to get it except from legitimate sources.
Clodus

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 12:04 pm Reply with quote
At first I started watching and noted the first 5 minutes of it seemed like a rip off of shakugan no shana as previously stated and noticed i had some bias in the back of my head repeating that. Once I noticed that, i dropped the series and waited til i cooled down. now im back and i've seen ep 2 and so far I am really liking where the series is going. I pretty much have to agree with frentymon' s review in the fact that this series does have remarkable potential and Kazuma being a BA. Ayano however didn't seem to appeal to me as she seems spoiled and immature but i did like the fact she can eat alot for some reason. Ren is very cute and what look like to me a girl at first but i find it matches his personality very well and is one of the most original characters I've seen. since kazuma is 22 and ayano is 16, i cant help but wonder will there be any romance between them? The storyline so far is very captivating and i enjoyed the drama in ep 2 spoiler[when Kazuma fought his father and he unleashed the blue god flame or somethin which supposively only 11 people in the history of the clan has done, not only that but it seems he's accomplished so much in so short of time]
I have heard some strange things about gonzo, saying that at first they start a series very good but it tends to get lower quality at the end but its hard for an inexperienced anime fan like me to comment on that.

useless sidenote: is it me or have i been noticing alot of main characters acting cool lately, a few that comes to mind are syaoran from tsubasa, light from death note, lelouch from code geass, and ichigo from bleach even though its probably just me.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4