• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Any ero-guro anime?

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
etienne6795

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:18 pm Reply with quote
I would like to know any ero-guro anime (no hentai nor manga). Something like mnemosyne and ghost talkers daydream but maybe with more violence. Thank you for all the answers.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:22 pm Reply with quote
Elfen Lied obviously comes to mind. I think Freezing has lots of gore in it too.
etienne6795

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:35 pm Reply with quote
I dont think elfen lied is ero-guro. Theres no torture and no erotism. Just a h**ny guy.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:42 pm Reply with quote
Gantz comes to mind
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:00 pm Reply with quote
etienne6795 wrote:
I don't think elfen lied is ero-guro. Theres no torture and no erotism. Just a h**ny guy.

I suppose you'll need to define it a bit better... I mean since you don't want actual hentai, I thought you meant shows with lots of fanservice and lots of gore.
etienne6795

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:04 pm Reply with quote
What I want is shows with torture, blood, and sex but not hentai kinda sex. Sex like in movies. Maybe a psychological theme on it. If youve seen Rin: Daughters of mnemosyne youll know what I mean.
Key

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:44 pm Reply with quote
Not a lot of it out there beyond Menemosyne which doesn't qualify as hentai. Elfen Lied, Gantz, and Freezing don't meet the definition because they don't really mix their sexual and violent components. I suppose the closest things would probably be Wicked City and Apocalypse Zero, and in both of those cases the content which could be considered ero guro is a relatively minor component.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
dragon695

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:30 am Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
etienne6795 wrote:
I don't think elfen lied is ero-guro. Theres no torture and no erotism. Just a h**ny guy.

I suppose you'll need to define it a bit better... I mean since you don't want actual hentai, I thought you meant shows with lots of fanservice and lots of gore.

I think it means more like something I'd like see sometime: seeing one of these oversized boob shows set in the sengoku period have one of those chicks get a boob lopped off during a sword fight. It is a touch of erotocism combined with the shocking horror of the reality of swordplay. Supposedly Manyuu does it, but it isn't quite as horrific as I think the reality would pan out to be. Although, I'm not really a guro fan, and my reasons for interest is merely because I would find it amusing showing fans of absurdly proportioned breasts what the consequences would be, since they tend to like their action shows packed with 'em.
jsc315

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:05 am Reply with quote
You may have a better chance in finding something that is borderline hentai like that in manga then in anime. Most of the stuff that comes to mind is stuff from the mid 80's to early 90's, but most of that stuff is over the top violence and not really what your looking for.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
etienne6795

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:26 am Reply with quote
Something close to what I am looking for is that part from higurashi no naku koro ni when one of the twins crucifies and tortures the little girl (I dont remember their names) but something gory like that and of course erotism throughout the plot. jsc315, if you know any, throw out the names...but for now thanks for all the replies
casemax

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:25 am Reply with quote
Hey etienne6795, I made an account just to reply. A real Ero-Guro anime title is 'Midori Shoujo Tsubaki' it's the adaptation of Suehiro Maruo's Ero-Guro classic 'Mr. Arashi's Amazing Freak Show' manga.

Keep in mind, it does have surreal elements but it's an authentic Euro-Guro tale of macabre & perverse deviancy.

Last edited by casemax on Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:24 am; edited 2 times in total
casemax

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:25 am Reply with quote
BTW it will be nothing like Rin: Daughters of Mnemosyne. That series is Horror / Tech-Noir. It has some Ero-Guro elements, yes. But jusy because something has sex & violence it's not Ero-Guro. Watch 'Midori Shoujo Tsubaki' - that's pure Ero-Guro.
casemax

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:22 am Reply with quote
Further, if you want more true Ero-Guro anime, look at the anime adapted from the legendary Toshio Maeda's manga. He is a world renowned Ero-Guro Manga pioneer & many of his titles have been adapted into anime. Among the best are:
Urotsukidoji 1-6
Demon Beast Resurrection 1-3
La Blue Girl 1-2
La Blue Girl: Revenge of the Shikima Realm
Adventure Kid

Although, they are indeed considered "Hentai" most of the Urotsukidoji series has great story lines, lots of action, & plenty of violent fighting. Junji Ito is not Ero-Guro but his style is very closely related to these artists, their is an excellent anime adaptation of his manga called GYO (not to be confused with the totally irrelevant series called GTO.) I don't know if ANY of these titles are at all what you're looking for, however they're the most popular & authentic Ero-Guro anime titles out there. I hope this helps. If you check any of these, write back what you think.

[EDIT: No serial posting! - Key]
gsilver

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:45 am Reply with quote
Maybe Kemonozume?

It's not hentai, but there's a lot of eroticism and gore, and it mixes the two to some degree.
cydarius

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:18 pm Reply with quote
The ero-guro anime I know(does have blood-gore-battles and sex) is Berserk film series (not the TV series but releasing these film in this time of decade). I seen the latest trailer for the Berserk third film for the first arc(the Egg of the Emperor saga) will be having more of it.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2