• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Manga book protection cases

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rozzer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:16 pm Reply with quote
Greetings everyone,

I have a real quick question to ask and I cannot think of a better place than ANN to ask this question.

Does anyone know if there are any protective cases that you can store a Manga book volume inside? Basically the same idea for regular comic books that are made of thick plastic, which will keep it safe for years and years to come.

The real reason I ask this question, is because I just picked up two copies of Ultimo Volume 1. One copy I am going to use so I can actually read it, while the second one I want to store in a thick plastic type protective case.

So if anyone knows if they make these and can kindly point me in the right direction, I would be extremely grateful.

Thanks in advance to whomever can help me with this question.
sk1199

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:35 pm Reply with quote
There was a thread about where to find bags for manga but after looking through both the manga and the retail sections I can't find it. I remember that a site was found that sold bags at a reasonable price but I can't remember any details.
Hopefully someone else can find it or help you directly.
Psycho_Despair

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:59 pm Reply with quote
Oh I also need some for my MPD Psycho Vol.1. i want to keep it in a good condition, so far i got in the same plastic bag it came on. Mom almost threw it away. Good thing my Thrash is clean Very Happy
PiercingArrow

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:20 am Reply with quote
i used to buy this back then. http://www.animecastle.com/p-118231-manga-covers-193-small.aspx Unfortunately, i only bought 50 of em and i even have to pay for $10-$17 for shipping. at least thats what i remembered just to get the cover. this thing is the real stuff that u will like for your manga. Then one day when i came back to this site and bought 100 pcs more. But sadly, when it arrived i only got 15 pcs and they only charged me for like $3 + expensive shipping. so i got pissed off and contacted them and they told me that they're out of stock. I've been waiting for months now keeping an eye for this but as usual, its always out of stock. if anyone else knows where to find em or at least this one please let me know.
holangjai

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:25 am Reply with quote
if you go to http://www.midtowncomics.com/Neshop/SearchResult.asp?cboChiCat=203&chkshowthum=1# you can most likely use these, like how comic books come in bags. They fit well for manga size books. It's a pack of 100 bags.

What PiercingArrow is showing you are rather plastic sleeves you put on your manga to protect your book from grimy fingers and getting stuff on the cover of your book. It's a good investment if you are dirty or lend your books out for people to read.
Mylene

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:24 am Reply with quote
This thread has discussion of something similar to what you are seeking--I think. Toward the bottom I've linked to an option from Demco. Even if that's not the one you're looking for, it wouldn't hurt to look at the Demco online store. They have a variety of book protection products.
PiercingArrow

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:35 pm Reply with quote
oh yea, i recieved the samples i ordered on demco. when the item arrived, it wasnt what i expected to be like. the cover was blurry so i just put them aside for now and trying to find something else Sad Sad Sad
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1