• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Crayon Shin-chan Manga to Launch on August 5

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:30 am Reply with quote
I wonder if this series will be a more modern version of Shin Chan? Hard to tell. Hopefully, one day Funimation dubs more of Shin Chan.

Though in some sense, I do think the series does need to end eventually one day.
ArsenicSteel

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:42 am Reply with quote
What modern version of Shin chan?
Well the series has been going on for 20 years so if you have been watching it for that long I can kind of understand why you might want it to end. Wait, no I can't. The series is a 100% episodic comedy just like the Simpsons. There is no story that is getting dragged on and on, just jokes. So until the jokes wear out and the ratings fall, Shin chan looks to stay as one of the staple long running shows in Japan.
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:51 am Reply with quote
ArsenicSteel wrote:
What modern version of Shin chan?
Well the series has been going on for 20 years so if you have been watching it for that long I can kind of understand why you might want it to end. Wait, no I can't. The series is a 100% episodic comedy just like the Simpsons. There is no story that is getting dragged on and on, just jokes. So until the jokes wear out and the ratings fall, Shin chan looks to stay as one of the staple long running shows in Japan.

I said if the newer version will be more modern. I don't live in Japn and sure don't speak Japanese, so I sure don't know.

The reason that I said this series should end some day, is because eventually there must be some conclusion. I am not saying I don't like the series (if I didn't, why would I support the anime version of Shin Chan.)

But whatever, I am not even sure if the manga of Shin Chan is still be published in the United States of America.
ArsenicSteel

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:04 am Reply with quote
You said it needs to end one day. If Japan can have an anime on the air that started in 1969 and American can have a show that is going on 20 years, I don't know why you would say Shinchan needs to end.

I am still curious what qualifies as modern to you since you asked the question. It is going to be a new publication. That makes it current and modern already, to me.
Greed1914

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:38 am Reply with quote
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:
I wonder if this series will be a more modern version of Shin Chan? Hard to tell. Hopefully, one day Funimation dubs more of Shin Chan.

As much as I'd like that, I've figured it wasn't going to happen after AS dropped it. Considering the extra work involved in re-writing the whole thing and the lower sales on long-running episodic material, like Case Closed, I can see why they wouldn't want to continue it.
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:57 am Reply with quote
Greed1914 wrote:
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:

As much as I'd like that, I've figured it wasn't going to happen after AS dropped it. Considering the extra work involved in re-writing the whole thing and the lower sales on long-running episodic material, like Case Closed, I can see why they wouldn't want to continue it.

Yeah, it will probably never happen (like seeing an English dubbed Hare and Guu series finale) but maybe one day.
doctordoom85

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:40 pm Reply with quote
Actually, FUNimation has said there's a good chance of seeing Shin-Chan "Season 3" on DVD in the near future. If the episodes were already dubbed to be put on TV, then I imagine FUNi would release them eventually.

However, do I see them going past those episodes already recorded? No, probably not.
Greed1914

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:12 pm Reply with quote
doctordoom85 wrote:
Actually, FUNimation has said there's a good chance of seeing Shin-Chan "Season 3" on DVD in the near future. If the episodes were already dubbed to be put on TV, then I imagine FUNi would release them eventually.

However, do I see them going past those episodes already recorded? No, probably not.

I'm not going to hold my breath. It's been over a year since the last set came out, so if they had more of it I would think that something would have shown up by now since sitting on it serves no purpose. Although, I wouldn't mind being wrong on this.
SonicRenegade84

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:53 pm Reply with quote
Greed1914 wrote:
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:

The reason AS dropped it is because it received bad ratings due to it being put in bad time slots. Oh sure, let's switch a good time slot that SC has already to a bad one just so we can make the Bleach fans happy -_-.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Greed1914

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:16 pm Reply with quote
SonicRenegade84 wrote:
Greed1914 wrote:
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:

The reason AS dropped it is because it received bad ratings due to it being put in bad time slots. Oh sure, let's switch a good time slot that SC has already to a bad one just so we can make the Bleach fans happy -_-.

Um, what does that have to do with what I was talking about? I never said why AS dropped the show, only that doing so probably decreased how much more Shin-chan we'd see.

And AS did give the show a chance. It aired earlier in the anime block on Saturdays, and I think it might have started on weeknights when AS was testing it. It didn't get the numbers they wanted after a while, so why wouldn't they swap it for something that does get those numbers?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1