• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
PR: Sentai Filmworks Announces Clannad English Dub

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
psychopuppet

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:42 pm Reply with quote
Just remember these are test runs you don't buy its back to sub only.
sailorsarah08

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:45 pm Reply with quote
Good thing I haven't bought Blue Drop yet. So the moral of the story? Wait to buy on sub only releases? I wonder what Clannad fans will have to complain about now, I can only imagine.
SXAniMedia

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:47 pm Reply with quote
sailorsarah08 wrote:
Good thing I haven't bought Blue Drop yet. So the moral of the story? Wait to buy on sub only releases? I wonder what Clannad fans will have to complain about now, I can only imagine.

What? Did you read the press release and how they selected which titles are getting the dub? The moral here is those who bought the sub-only releases helped realized the fruition of these dubs. If folks didn't buy, they would have remained sub-only.
egoist

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:12 pm Reply with quote
So, lazy-eyes (aka: Clannad) gets a dub, huh? Oh, I don't know about that. Wonder how their eyes' laziness will work out with an American VA. Hopefully it makes a lot of money. The Japanese cast sounded too generic or retard to me, so I might give this a shot or two, no matter how many bottles of whisky it takes.
DerekTheRed

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:19 pm Reply with quote
Man, I wish one of those titles at least slightly interested me so I could show support for Sentai's dubbing efforts. Maybe I'll get the FotNS show if I'm having a slow month somewhere down the line.
ZenErik

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:27 pm Reply with quote
I love Clannad, and while I don't really care much to hear it dubbed, I would be interested in "upgrading" to the version with the dub if they fixed all of the errors in the season 1 dubs.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
chrisc1978

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:31 pm Reply with quote
sailorsarah08 wrote:

Clannad After Story: No Dub
sam6782

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:33 pm Reply with quote
YES!!!! Finally Sentai is actually dubbuing something. Hopefully if this keeps up Gintama and Eyeshield 21 will eventually dubbed. THAT WOULD BE EPIC!!!!!
Zalis116

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:47 pm Reply with quote
sailorsarah08 wrote:
I wonder what Clannad fans will have to complain about now, I can only imagine.
Steven Foster doing the ADR directing rather than Kyle Jones of Air and Kanon fame, perhaps?

I have to view this news with a mixture of anticipation and trepidation. Hopefully they won't undo whatever profitability these shows saw the first time around. I mean, was Legends of the Dark King ever popular?
Crystal

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:57 pm Reply with quote
Sweet! I bought the first one, so I'll probably upgrade it! This is actually convincing me to buy some more of the series!
_V_

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:33 pm Reply with quote
I'm happy that Neo-ADV seems to be getting back on its feet; many companies aren't putting out dubs at all, anymore.
ZakuAce

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:13 pm Reply with quote
chrisc1978 wrote:
sailorsarah08 wrote:

Clannad After Story: No Dub

Guess Clannad fans are just going to have to buy it and show Sentai there is a big enough market out there to dub After Story
strike_zero00

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:49 pm Reply with quote
I thought since that they mentioned Clannad it also included After Story, it would be stupid if they just dubbed the first but not the second season.
Kid Ryan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:15 pm Reply with quote
This is awesome news, hopefully Sentai will go back and eventually English Dub most of their other licenses Smile.
Crystal

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:43 pm Reply with quote
Baby Naruto wrote:
This is awesome news, hopefully Sentai will go back and eventually English Dub most of their other licenses Smile.

In the end, it's up to the fans. If it does well, they will, if it doesn't, they won't.

I wonder if buying stuff they re-release on DVD also supports whether or not they will.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2