• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Biglobe's Top 10 Anime Songs of 2010

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:12 am Reply with quote
Wow. That first OP is terrible. The second one isn't that great either.

During my searches on Youtube, I found myself only really liking two: Utauyo!! MIRACLE and My Soul Your Beats.

I did enjoy Hikari no Senritsu von Kalafina and Brave Song, but I'd probably only listen to them once or twice and then skip 'em.

None of them were really mind blowing, though. However, my interest in Angel Beats did shoot up a couple notches. Mostly because there was a guy wielding an ax very nonchalantly. I find that quite interesting. I hope Funimation announces it in their roll-out this year.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
egoist

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:26 am Reply with quote
Notice that they all make heavy use of moe. I'm not against moe, but this is just...
House of Five Leaves not there. Really?

Just rename it "most popular" already, Biglobe.

Hey, I'd so love to buy a BD version of Angel Beats, and that show has Bandai written all over it. Hope...
Make sure you wait for a BD btw, the animation is outstanding.
Ulinox

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:01 am Reply with quote
Biglobe again, huh? I see these guys still hate One Piece. It's like they forged the results or something just so that One Day by The Rootless wouldn't be in the list.
Jaymie

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:27 am Reply with quote
Hell no to all of them. This list should've been titled "10 most overrated Anime songs of 2010" instead.
jojothepunisher

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:43 am Reply with quote
fudge! The first one was so bad, I stopped listening the moment they had that NYAN sound in the first 10 seconds. fudge!
rowsdower

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:38 am Reply with quote
Someone must have forgotten to include "eardrum-shatteringly awful" after that 10, because that's the only way to make any sense of this thing.
asimpson2006

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:42 am Reply with quote
I do like the Op for Mayoi Neko Overun, but is' not top 10 quality. The OP to Ladies Vs Butlers is much better.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kit-Tsukasa

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:51 am Reply with quote
agreed. Mayoi Neko's OP was bad. I call stuffed votes. Surprised to not see "Mai Kaze" from Hakuouki Hekketsu-roku, "Moon Signal" from Otome Youkai Zakuro, "Hiyoku no Hane" from Yosuga no Sora, or "Down Town" from Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru, all of which easily top Mayoi Neko. Oh and don't forget songs from Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu and Durarara!!

Either way, K-ON!! pulling 4 slots is not surprised, though definitely surprised to see No Thank You rank so low. Angel Beats is expected however.

I haven't watched enough Ika Musume or Oreimo to actually know what they sound like (still on ep1 lol).
Lord Geo

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:05 am Reply with quote
Yeah, I'm not one to question something like this when done by a professional, or at least one that you could call "professional", company, but this list just screams biased, and that's obviously because it's not even trying to hide it.

I, of course, have my own biases, but I'm sure that there's a lot of other songs that could easily make up the list. I'm not putting down the shows listed in the list, but there obviously wasn't a fair fight here.
BladeDragoonZETA

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:33 am Reply with quote
is anyone else depressed there isn't a single male vocalist among the whole collection?

and where is the awesomeness that was Star Driver's Monochrome?
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:16 pm Reply with quote
Wow Mayoi Neko Overrun! well it is a song that get stuck in your head
cohenmarioman

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:20 pm Reply with quote
So basically anime popular in Japan and with that site. Yeah, this list is shit.
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:26 pm Reply with quote
When Mayoi Neko Overrun was playing I remember reading someone's reaction here as to how great the song was, and my reaction was of course "What are you smoking?" (not that I actually responded, I don't tell single people their tastes suck) but as I thought about it I realized something- it's not that the song is "good" it's that it is fun, or rather it is fun and simple songs to sing along with like a goofball. These songs, especially the top one, are mostly kareoke ready songs.

And yes, there's an obvious moe factor going on here. Other than maybe Squid Girl, which is still very cute, these shows have got that going on.
loka

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:14 pm Reply with quote
I also think that it is missing Monochrome and Shiroi Kokoro (Oreimo ED4)
poonk

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:23 pm Reply with quote
BladeDragoonZETA wrote:
is anyone else depressed there isn't a single male vocalist among the whole collection?
I'm guessing that's just the bias of the users of the particular site that hosted the survey. I mean, I was fully expecting to see Sambomaster's "Kimi ni Kirei no Kizuite Okure" (the Kuragehime/Jellyfish Princess ED) on there but when I saw the list it was pretty obvious what was going on.

Last edited by poonk on Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2