• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn's Prologue Video Posted

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
slipperybogle

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:49 pm Reply with quote
The archer looks pretty hot with her 3 Musketeers get-up. I wish, however, that they could scale back the j-rock and epic cutscene-ness and just focus on showing why your average joe might want to give the game a look. All the glowing swords and goop and incessant chanting seem predictable by now. Pretty bored by this battle unless it's supposed to be some kind of meta-commentary on the development history of the title ('A Realm Reborn' seems to fit that interpretation). Will admit, though, that seeing the Mithra triggered fond memories of NHK for me.
blarg01

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:33 pm Reply with quote
slipperybogle wrote:
The archer looks pretty hot with her 3 Musketeers get-up. I wish, however, that they could scale back the j-rock and epic cutscene-ness and just focus on showing why your average joe might want to give the game a look. All the glowing swords and goop and incessant chanting seem predictable by now. Pretty bored by this battle unless it's supposed to be some kind of meta-commentary on the development history of the title ('A Realm Reborn' seems to fit that interpretation). Will admit, though, that seeing the Mithra triggered fond memories of NHK for me.
err, orchestra with someone, Susan Calloway, from Detroit singing in English is not J-rock...

I'll give you a brief, non-story driven, rundown of 14:
- Squenix made 14
- it bombed (I was in the beta and yeah, wasn't good at all...)
- Never was released on the PS3 even thought they said it was ever since the beta release.
- They gather most of their resources and remake 14.
- A lot of other Squenix games are pushed back because of this
- Release their final patch for the original 14 and kill off everything. (complete server wipe of original game)
- Re-brand 14 as a new game, of sorts, by renaming it "A Realm Reborn - Final Fantasy XIV"
- Completely remade game engine than before and more to offer than the original game.

Also, they have released video of actual gameplay of the beta version. Just have to do a simple search, is all.
slipperybogle

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:40 pm Reply with quote
blarg01 wrote:
err, orchestra with someone, Susan Calloway, from Detroit singing in English is not J-rock...

Ahh, I'm sorry. By 'J-Rock' was only referring to some of the character designs, not the actual music in the video.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1