• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Blue Exorcist TV Anime's 1st Promo Video Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dragynstorm

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:39 pm Reply with quote
I'll admit, I was a little bit hesitant about the anime, but now I'm rather excited! The trailer looks good!!
egoist

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:55 pm Reply with quote
Hmm. My favorite seiyu, followed by Lelouch's seiyu, A-1, and DTB's director. This is gonna be a lot better than I first thought.
Divineking

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:05 pm Reply with quote
Alright! The animation looks pretty solid, and the character designs are a slight improvement over the manga. Having the director behind Darker than Black is also a plus.

Sheesh, between this Deadman Wonderland and Toriko, Spring 2011 is shaping up to be epic!
bahamut623

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:19 pm Reply with quote
I'm excited! No Studio Pierrot and they have a director with a great track record. I'm assuming Viz will simulcast it since they'll be releasing the manga the same month the anime premieres. Seems likely.
iamthevastuniverse

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:20 pm Reply with quote
The manga's character designs are clearly better then what is seen in the trailer of the anime..but the music played in the trailer was great..hopefully the anime will have a soundtrack similar to that..this is without a doubt a must watch for me..I'm a fan of the manga so I'm quite curious how this is going to turn out..I'm looking forward to it.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:28 pm Reply with quote
Looks purty cool! Wish it was starting in January instead of March. Agree on the music in that trailer; quite kick-ass.
Cutiebunny

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:31 pm Reply with quote
(huggles Ao no Exorcist shikishi board) Eeeee! And A-1 Pictures is doing the animation work. It probably wouldn't have been my first choice, but, definitely not my last.

I'll be looking forward to watching the series in April.
nynextew

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:32 pm Reply with quote
I really love the manga, but I don't know about the anime. For me, it all depends on the monster designs and how well the fight scenes are portrayed.
RestLessone

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:47 pm Reply with quote
I hope VIZ or someone simulcasts this one. I quite enjoy this series, and already plan to get the manga. Having the anime and manga would be wonderful~
v1cious

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:02 pm Reply with quote
Art style reminds me of Fullmetal Alchemist for some reason. The will probably be on my spring watch list.
pika-pon

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:55 pm Reply with quote
Yes! Looking at who's going to be involved in the making, is really getting me excited!!
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:35 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, this is one heck of a staff, I love this director's work!
Also Keigo Sasaki's character designs for Senkou no Night Raid were great as has been Hiroyuki Sawano's awesome score for Gundam Unicorn.
Already seeing their influence in the extra polish of this cool trailer and art, looking forward to it now.

I had no idea this was going to be so big, this just jumped up my list of anticipated upcoming anime with this trailer and the staff they've assembled for this thing.

nynextew wrote:
I really love the manga, but I don't know about the anime. For me, it all depends on the monster designs and how well the fight scenes are portrayed.

Tensai Okamura's been really good at delivering action scenes so I'd be extremely surprised if they are not well portrayed. Smile

egoist wrote:
Hmm. My favorite seiyu, followed by Lelouch's seiyu, A-1, and DTB's director. This is gonna be a lot better than I first thought.

Agreed, it sounded interesting and I was going to check it out but this show just became a whole lot bigger than I expected knowing that DTB and Wolf's Rain's director's doing this and they've got a great crew and great VAs on board.
Dakaran

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:52 pm Reply with quote
This looks insane and I'll be watching. One thing I saw in the trailer is a character looking exactly like Gray in Fairy Tail, eh? >.<
getsugatenshoumke79

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:19 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Looks purty cool! Wish it was starting in January instead of March. Agree on the music in that trailer; quite kick-ass.
This series isn't starting in March, it's starting in April.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1