• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Adds 2011 Fullmetal Alchemist Film, Is this a Zombie?

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Animerican14

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 7:03 pm Reply with quote
Oh wow, that was quick on the license of Kore wa Zombie Desu Ka?! Is this the first fully announced license of the Q1 2011 anime season thus far, then...?

Hope this isn't the only big license of that season they're looking at... (OBVIOUS WINK WINK OBVIOUS NUDGE NUDGE)

Edit: Yeah, kinda completely forgot about those other shows that *have* been licensed. I guess I initially thought otherwise because this is one of the first shows of the season that I actually, even if only marginally, cared enough about during the QI Season (but even still, I've only seen the first 2 or 3 episodes). The only one of the season's series that I watched beyond the first few episodes, the only one I saw through to the very end, the only one that I'll be truly ecstatic about if licensed is... well, anyone that's seen my post history in the past few months can easily figure that out, heh. Wink

Last edited by Animerican14 on Sat May 21, 2011 7:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Rukiia

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 7:04 pm Reply with quote
I totally knew that they would get the rights to the new FMA movie. But Kore Wa Zombie Desu ka? is a surprise. Pretty awesome news!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 7:14 pm Reply with quote
Animerican14 wrote:
Oh wow, that was quick on the license of Kore wa Zombie Desu Ka? Is this the first fully announced license of the Q1 2011 anime season thus far, then...?

Hope this isn't the only big license of that season they're looking at... (OBVIOUS WINK WINK OBVIOUS NUDGE NUDGE)

Fractale, Yumekui Merry, Infinite Stratos, Freezing and maybe some others off the top of my head have all been licensed already. First three were all licensed mid season, and Freezing a few weeks after the season ended.
MrHatandClogs

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 7:18 pm Reply with quote
Ofc they were gonna license the FMA movie. But Mahou Shounen Zombie? LAME!!! Why would they waste their money on that pile of animated poo? Next.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 7:19 pm Reply with quote
We know for sure that Fractale and Freezing are licensed for DVD/BD sales, but I think Sentai only has a streaming license at the moment for IS and Yumekui Merry (though DVD/BDs are almost certainly to be released of those two)
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 7:20 pm Reply with quote
MrHatandClogs wrote:
Ofc they were gonna license the FMA movie. But Mahou Shounen Zombie? LAME!!! Why would they waste their money on that pile of animated poo? Next.

Maybe because its one of the most critically acclaimed ecchi shows of the last 5 years? I mean if Funimation licenses Freezing, they have no excuse to not license better ecchi shows as well.
opn

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 7:21 pm Reply with quote
Animerican14 wrote:
Oh wow, that was quick on the license of Kore wa Zombie Desu Ka? Is this the first fully announced license of the Q1 2011 anime season thus far, then...?

actually no. kore wa zombie desu ka isnt the first big license this year. that title belongs to fairy tail. anyway quite happy about kroe loved the seires when it was airing so i'll be buying it when its released. the fma brotherhood was no surprise. Laughing
JackCox

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 7:21 pm Reply with quote
Why won't they get Deadman Wonderland?
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 7:23 pm Reply with quote
opn wrote:
Animerican14 wrote:

actually no. kore wa zombie desu ka isnt the first big license this year. that title belongs to fairy tail. anyway quite happy about kroe loved the seires when it was airing so i'll be buying it when its released. the fma brotherhood was no surprise. Laughing

Fairy Tail is a license of the 48 episodes that aired from Fall 2009 to Fall 2010... thats not a 2011 license, so thats the wrong answer to his question.
opn

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 7:25 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
opn wrote:
Animerican14 wrote:

Fairy Tail is a license of the 48 episodes that aired from Fall 2009 to Fall 2010... thats not a 2011 license, so thats the wrong answer to his question.

oh i thought he was talking about new licenses this year my mistake.
Quote:
Why won't they get Deadman Wonderland?

waaaaay too soon for deadman. considering the manga was selling quite well for tokyopop funi would be stupid not to license it.

Last edited by opn on Sat May 21, 2011 7:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
ArsenicSteel

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 7:25 pm Reply with quote
opn wrote:
Animerican14 wrote:

Fairy Tail is from the 2009 season. I think he means anime that started in 2011 not continued.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 7:27 pm Reply with quote
A few anime have been licensed so far from this season... Hidan no Aria, Toriko, Maria Holic Alive, a few others too that slipped my mind as well.
opn

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 7:27 pm Reply with quote
ArsenicSteel wrote:
opn wrote:
Animerican14 wrote:

Fairy Tail is from the 2009 season. I think he means anime that started in 2011 not continued.

as said above i mis understood the question sorry. Anime smallmouth + sweatdrop also funi did confirm they wanted more one piece and when they do license more they would also license the movie's which is great.....so come on toei give funi the license. Twisted Evil
opn

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 7:28 pm Reply with quote
ArsenicSteel wrote:
opn wrote:
Animerican14 wrote:

as said above i mis understood the question sorry. Anime smallmouth + sweatdrop also funi did confirm they wanted more one piece and when they do license more they would also license the movie's which is great.....so come on toei give funi the license. Twisted Evil
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 7:30 pm Reply with quote
Yay, more of my money to spend! First... I need to get a credit/debit card.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5