• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Haruhi Anime Collaborates with Online Toy Wars Game

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 10:05 pm Reply with quote
Wow the game look fun kind of looks like Unreal Tournament
mudduck454

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 11:45 pm Reply with quote
sad part is, I wont get the chance to play it, I bet it will only be for japan, I would gladly pay to play this game.....
Nineofclubs

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 11:50 pm Reply with quote
chain gun kyon would've been more fun, pretty neat though.
Joe Mello

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:16 am Reply with quote
firedragon54738 wrote:

I was thinking TF2. A lot like TF2.
MahoMana

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 2:01 am Reply with quote
Rock Hippo is hosting the game in English under the name MicroVolts.

It's currently in closed beta and I have a key. I can agree that the game rips off elements from TF2.

But a few good points that make this game unique is that there are no weapon classes and that health and items only spawn from kills you or others have made. Although these game concepts are not original, they make the game a good challenge.

Plus, it's anime-ish style makes the game look cool, right everyone?
iecchi

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 2:06 am Reply with quote
this game already have a english version its call MicroVolts http://www.microvolts.com/microsite/
v1cious

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 2:30 am Reply with quote
Looks like a cheap Team Fortress 2 mod. Probably is.
TopGunman

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 3:52 am Reply with quote
Wow, just look at Haruhi!
sailorsean

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 4:00 am Reply with quote
The video sort of reminds me of an Anti-Toy Story.
mudduck454

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:25 am Reply with quote
thanks for the links, I am now registered, and hope to get a beta key,
either way, I will get this game after it is released...
mdo7

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:52 am Reply with quote
Joe Mello wrote:
firedragon54738 wrote:

I was thinking TF2. A lot like TF2.

I'm glad you mention that. In South Korea, this game is known as HAVE Online. I remember reading that article off of Kotaku a year ago and yes I was suprised to see it being a Team Fortress 2 rip-off. Look at these picture, and this is no coincidence.

'

Also I recalled that another South Korean game company ripped off Portal.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
SonicRenegade84

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:39 pm Reply with quote
Honestly, does it matter if they ripped off a game? As long as it's awesome, we should give it a try.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
mdo7

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 2:49 pm Reply with quote
SonicRenegade84 wrote:
Honestly, does it matter if they ripped off a game? As long as it's awesome, we should give it a try.

Well that would depend to whoever you're talking to. I really don't mind a rip-off since most of our games had influences from other game. I know Team Fortress is not always original since there were other team-based multiplayer game before them, so I would have to yell that TF 2 was a rip off of those. I did remember reading this article about Gameloft (famous for making cell phone game and clones of famous game) ripping off Starcraft with Starfront, yet Starcraft was considered a rip-off of Warhammer 40K.

Also I love it when people say that we remade too much Asian film but yet, Asia is starting to remake our film like Japan remade Sideways and Ghost. I wonder how long until Japan will decide to remake Twilight (no not in anime form) and The Godfather (would be kind of cool if Sonny Chiba play Vito Corleone for the remake), and people will say "Screw the original American film, the Japanese remake is superior".

Also I love it how people claim we ripped off anime and manga, but never complain about how Asia ripped off some of our stuff like Team Fortress 2. Yep, example of double standard Asian supremacy.
mudduck454

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 2:52 pm Reply with quote
does it really matter that the games are similar?????

I personally never liked team fortress 2, I am a FPS type of person, but I also enjoy anime, so somebody was smart enough to incorporate something I like in to a game I didn't like, and that made me like it.

people will still buy TF2, people will buy this game, it is just a matter of taste. now if this game will allow me to play games with the japanese version, then I would like even more.

and on the same note, look at all the GTA clones out there, like saints row, just cause, and the like, they all are similar, but each have a different aspect that makes you want to play it...
mdo7

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 2:57 pm Reply with quote
mudduck454 wrote:
does it really matter that the games are similar?????

I personally never liked team fortress 2, I am a FPS type of person, but I also enjoy anime, so somebody was smart enough to incorporate something I like in to a game I didn't like, and that made me like it.

people will still buy TF2, people will buy this game, it is just a matter of taste. now if this game will allow me to play games with the japanese version, then I would like even more.

and on the same note, look at all the GTA clones out there, like saints row, just cause, and the like, they all are similar, but each have a different aspect that makes you want to play it...

That's true and also I remember GTA 4 sort of borrow the cell phone thing from Saint Rows 2, and Mafia 2 took some Blackhand combat from The Godfather: The game. So nothing is really original these day, that's why they have to throw in some creative idea to not make it a "clone" even though it is still a clone.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2