• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Survey: What Was Your Favorite Fall Anime?

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:57 pm Reply with quote
I guess with anime that continues on to Winter, just watching all of it that aired in Fall counts as the "entirety"? (I counted Index as such since I've seen all of it up to this point) Also, where is Yumeiro Patissiere SP Professional?
Player No. 3

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:17 pm Reply with quote
Well, that was easy for me to finish; I only watched Star Driver and Kuragehime. Had to flip a coin to say which was my favorite. Normally, I'd picked Shiki, but that's Summer 2010.
Jrittmayer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:17 pm Reply with quote
Yay for more surveys! It's always interesting to see what other people have watched and compare how you stack up to them.

I'm still amazed at how popular P&S was for being such a ....boringly stupid show.

Also interesting to see how well YnS and Milky Holmes did, lets see how many ANN readers are actually closet siscons/lolicons. >Very Happy
Then again, I watched both and loved both as well so... Rolling Eyes
agila61

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:19 pm Reply with quote
EmperorBrandon wrote:
I guess with anime that continues on to Winter, just watching all of it that aired in Fall counts as the "entirety"? (I counted Index as such since I've seen all of it up to this point) Also, where is Yumeiro Patissiere SP Professional?
That's how I treated it. OTOH, according to the "results" after I voted, my votes weren't counted ~ giving feedback that obviously excludes your own vote seems an odd way to encourage participation.
Jrittmayer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:26 pm Reply with quote
Yay for more surveys! It's always interesting to see what other people have watched and compare how you stack up to them.

I'm still amazed at how popular P&S was for being such a ....boringly stupid show.

Also interesting to see how well YnS and Milky Holmes did, lets see how many ANN readers are actually closet siscons/lolicons. >Very Happy
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:30 pm Reply with quote
agila61 wrote:
OTOH, according to the "results" after I voted, my votes weren't counted ~ giving feedback that obviously excludes your own vote seems an odd way to encourage participation.

I voted pretty early, and looking at the results, it seemed pretty clear my own vote was reflected in them immediately, at least.
wandering-dreamer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:49 pm Reply with quote
I don't think my vote was counted since, according to my results, only three people voted and none of them watched Tegami Bachi which I know I voted for. Help?
NDenizen

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:59 pm Reply with quote
Heh, turns out I only actually finished Kuragehime, Panty & Stocking and (if you count it) Star Driver. Add the awesome Shiki to that list and that WAS the best stuff during Fall.

For me the best was a tie between P+S and Star Driver, so i'll go for one that's actually finished. I'm glad I stuck with it, it really bloomed into something exceptional around halfway - makes me wonder they devoted so much of the first half to vulgar MotW stuff.
Sakura-Alchemist

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:12 pm Reply with quote
Jrittmayer wrote:

Fuuu~ but Milky Holmes was Hilarious! non lolicons could surely enjoy it~ though i partly watched it for the beautiful Twenty and the gentleman thieves~

any way I Voted Otome Yokai Zakuro as My Favorite... Would have been Hakuoki but I'm not a fan of Hijikata.
catstigereye

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:41 pm Reply with quote
Lets see To Aru Majutsu No Index II got the top slot from me. Though with Squid Girl being as good as it was it was a hard choice.

I wonder what the number break downs are.
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:51 pm Reply with quote
The only good anime was Super Robot Wars, and Squid Girl was really the only other anime I saw that could be described as decent.
naninanino

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:04 pm Reply with quote
I've seen all episodes so far out of Bakuman and Star Driver. I also watched Yumeiro Pâtissière SP Professional in its entirety, although it's missing from the list.

Out of these, I'm liking Bakuman the best.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:28 pm Reply with quote
Pretty sure the poll is bugged, or at least, I'm still seeing the exact same result as when I filled it out a bit ago.

I chose Kuragehime as my favorite of the season, but if Shiki was on the poll then that would have been my top choice.
rti9

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:33 pm Reply with quote
EmperorBrandon wrote:
I guess with anime that continues on to Winter, just watching all of it that aired in Fall counts as the "entirety"? (I counted Index as such since I've seen all of it up to this point)

I didn't think of that. Index II, Bakuman, and Star Driver are still airing so I automatically didn't put a check on them.
asimpson2006

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:20 pm Reply with quote
I said OreImo was my favorite, it's the only thing I didn't get stalled on (MM!, P&S, Yosuga No Sora (what ever it's called) from the fall season. I will probably in the next few weeks go back and finish the stuff from Fall I was stalled on.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3